PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Oldest/Most obscure Pats jersey you own?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antowain Smith #32

Recieved it as a gift since his nameplate was "A. Smith" and that happens to be match my name as well.

These days I'm much happier wearing #93

Most obscure: Chris Slade

Oldest: Curtis Martin (bought at the start of his rookie year)

#59 The Big Kat, Andrew Katzenmoyer

Plus a really, really old Bledsoe Jersey.

I'll probably wear my Troy Brown Jersey until it falls apart.

Last edited:
I have Klecko that I wore for every game until he got cut. My old/obscure one would be #22 Dave Meggett.

I have one of the mid-90s royal blue AUTHENTIC Jerseys of none other than the ONE, THE ONLY, back-up safety and special teams ASSASSIN.... #25...... LARRY WHIGHAM!!!!!

Larry, Bruschi and Vernon Crawford (#99 - now THAT would be obscure) were INSANE on kickoff coverage. At the old stadium before every kick you'd see Larry jumping up and down psyc'ing up the crowd, bobbing his head... then he'd point over to Vernon, they'd spread their arms out wide, throw 'em down and head butt each other.... crazy guys... pumped the crowd up louder than I've ever heard at Gillette.

These are all the jerseys i have:

home Ben Coates
home Curtis Martin
home Drew Bledsoe
home Tom Brady
away Tom Brady
home Brian Urlacher

I got one in charcoal black its nice and crispy.

(actually it was my Friends that we burnt but still thought I would add it)

The same friend has a Willie Mac #55 from USC. the thing is real sweet and it does not have a name on it so it works for Seau too.

Dan Klecko.

Didn't expect myself to be the fourth person in this thread who had one. :eek:

I recieved one as a gift from a friend of his family.

I have one of the mid-90s royal blue AUTHENTIC Jerseys of none other than the ONE, THE ONLY, back-up safety and special teams ASSASSIN.... #25...... LARRY WHIGHAM!!!!!

COMPLETE AND TOTAL RESPECT FOR A HOLLYWOOD WHIGHAM JERSEY!

Lots of good ones mentioned, sadly my best is an old Ted Johnson jersey, but I'd love to find an original Pat Patriot red Tatupu jersey...he and Tippett were absolutely my favorite players growing up (sorry, never really fell in love with Grogan regardless of his [neck's] cult status). Anybody with a red home XL that wants a few bucks, lemme know ;)
I also wouldn't mind an Undertaker jersey but I suspect since most people have forgotten him, the jersey makers have too.

I have a Tebucky Jones jersey.

He and Milloy were a very solid safety combination for a couple years. Tebucky might not have been the most intelligent player, but he loved to hit and was very athletic.

My oldest and most obscure is a John Stephens, #44.

Last edited:
I have a pretty sweet Bledsoe reversible jersey circa 1996. Was wearing it for all three super bowl victories but didn't have it on this year (though it was sitting on the chair right behind me). So I'm sorry guys, it was in fact my lack in judgement that was responsible for the loss this year. I still regret not putting it on at half time...

In order of purchase.
Blue Christian Fauria
Blue Tom Brady
White Tom Brady
Blue Randy Moss

I have a Meriweather jersey. Reading through this thread, I guess it is pretty obscure. I also have an authentic Bledsoe with the Elvis' on the shoulders.

oldest: Ben Coates

obscure: Antowain Smith (bought this knowing he was leaving after the season, but liked the style, which was silver with white font)

Vintage Ray Agnew home jersey bought in 1990.

Last edited:
I have to have one of the oldest living Bledsoe Jerseys. I have the 1994 Edition which has the NFL 75th anniversary logo and the numbers are white and straight. The only ones olders are the ones with the red straight numbers from 1993. In 1995 the numbers became slanted and that was the uniform until 2000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft