PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Super Bowl XL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Murphys95 said:
Holmgren took a page out of the Herm Edwards book of clock management. That was ugly.

.....sounds like Holmgren was too occupied with the Steelers touchdown review (interview walking off field).

Every game has a turning point. Momentum = Pittsburgh
true. with pitt having the ball after the half i think it will be blown open.

Jeez, it's so obvious that Holmgren was completely distracted by the Pitt TD call....you gotta move on to the next play, Mike. They aren't going to change it now.

With the way the post-season went, it's probably appropriate that the refs are a maor part of the story.

Bill Polian did a major disservice to the game with his rules manipulation.

NEM said:
It was very Weisish. Get the hell off of those damned sideline deep routes,where there is no room....
no it was reidish. we never messed up a 2 min off like that .

i agree

Koettbulle said:
BS. Somebody upstairs wants Bettis to get a ring..

would love to see again on replay how rottenburger supposedly got the ball over the goal line there....in my opinion......HE DIDN'T.......what do you think?

This is NOT the Super Bowl. This is the Stupor Bowl. Poor play by both teams, and completely unimaginative coaches.

The score is correct, 7-3. Except Seattle should be ahead 7-3, if it weren't for the referees. How they took that TD away from Jackson is ludicrous. And then even after replay they gave Ben a TD when he didn't get the ball in. Even more unbelievable: the side judge was running in to mark the ball down when Ben pushed it over the line long after he had been tackled, and the REF CALLED IT a TD!!

This is why I feel the whole "conclusive" evidence rule is a joke. if the ref is just making a stupid arbitrary guess on the field, then why give it any weight whatsoever. Go to the camera and make the damn call.

I have to say, something smells incredibly fishy in this first half. I also have no idea what Seattle was doing on that last drive.

This has the feeling of an exhibition game, and the NFL stands to lose a lot of money in this snorathon.

What happened, why is Jurassic Park on . My mistake it's the Rolling Stones.

The game still has the potential to turn into a good one. So far I see sloppy play on both teams.

...boy did Madden lay into the Steelers and Whisenhunt, saying it doesn't look like they have a game plan! Ouch!

stcjones said:
would love to see again on replay how rottenburger supposedly got the ball over the goal line there....in my opinion......HE DIDN'T.......what do you think?

My 2 cents. Nope. Ball didn't cross the goal line.

I would have loved to have seen a 4th and goal try by the Steelers - that would have made for some drama.

upstater1 said:
This is NOT the Super Bowl. This is the Stupor Bowl. Poor play by both teams, and completely unimaginative coaches.

The score is correct, 7-3. Except Seattle should be ahead 7-3, if it weren't for the referees. How they took that TD away from Jackson is ludicrous. And then even after replay they gave Ben a TD when he didn't get the ball in. Even more unbelievable: the side judge was running in to mark the ball down when Ben pushed it over the line long after he had been tackled, and the REF CALLED IT a TD!!

This is why I feel the whole "conclusive" evidence rule is a joke. if the ref is just making a stupid arbitrary guess on the field, then why give it any weight whatsoever. Go to the camera and make the damn call.

I have to say, something smells incredibly fishy in this first half. I also have no idea what Seattle was doing on that last drive.

This has the feeling of an exhibition game, and the NFL stands to lose a lot of money in this snorathon.
remember , the pats-panthers was the same until the 4th quarter.

Pats Fanatic said:

good one!!! that was better than most of the commercials

This year's Superbowl is just the intermission between the two halves of the Pats' dynasty.

SVN said:
Pats-Panthers had good 2nd and 4th quarters.

I know one thing . . . the Patriots are better than either of these two teams.

SVN said:
Were there all these strange referee calls in the Pats game? I honestly don't remember.

The Gr8est said:
This year's Superbowl is just the intermission between the two halves of the Pats' dynasty.
Intermissions suck.

I saw them last month at the Garden, in the club seats ;) , they are still fabulous and much better than either of teams.

I see ABC has used the 5 second delay twice to so far to protect us from dead men who come, and male birds (c##ks ;) .

you know what.......

Pats Fanatic said:

I was inclined to agree with you....but to see Jagger and Richards BRINGING it on here tonight at the age of 65 or something.....with all the running around and rocking that they always have done....is somewhat inspirational......In a way like Ozzie (although he may have lip synched) doing crazy train to begin the season...........these guys doing this crap still after all the drugs and years.....amazing......either that or I have had too many sam adams'!!!!

SVN said:

IMO, The difference between XL and XXXVIII was sloppy play versus solid defense. Pitt and Seattle are both playing mediocre ball so far.

Hopin' for a better 2nd half.

The Stones sure beat the garbage acts they had last year. I found last year's halftime show unwatchable.

ummmmmmmm

Bella*chick said:
Were there all these strange referee calls in the Pats game? I honestly don't remember.

they were there....just not any in our direction....seriously....this officiating is very, very SUSPICIOUS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft