PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Super Bowl XL Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
jczxohn1 said:
First Super Bowl I ever saw where they couldn't get enough sponsors and had to shill their own TV programs.

Nah. Every network does it every year.

Richter said:
Then you're blind. Because as much as you may not want to acknowledge it, refs determine the outcomes of games.
all right man, i dont understand why you get personal . its just my opinion.so u call me blind then you are blind too . doesnt make much sense does it ?
relax, i want pitt to lose but its just a game.

SVN said:
Sure but i personally dont just blame refs.thats just me. Seattle lost a ton of chances , bad 2 min off, 2 missed field goals.They do all that and then lose then id blame the refs.but thats just me.

Hey, if they made 3 FG's there they'd still be trailing by 2 - this was on the refs. They gave Pittsburgh 4 on that phantom TD and took 14 away from Seattle on two legitimate TD's.

Pathetic.

The play of the teams in this game reminds me of 1 of those ESPN or MNF games where your stuck watching 2 4-10 teams play. I don't think either team played very well. This game won't be in any top 10 Super Bowl games listing.

Well, what a terrible game. This is just gross.

Thank god it's over now. I can't wait to ignore all the post-game coverage.

TV is off, I do not need to see ANY post game for THIS travesty.

Classy, humble Steelers. :rolleyes:

MoLewisrocks said:
Hey, if they made 3 FG's there they'd still be trailing by 2 - this was on the refs. They gave Pittsburgh 4 on that phantom TD and took 14 away from Seattle on two legitimate TD's.

Pathetic.

Yet now all we'll see is posts congratulating Pitts as if they deserve it. The officiating handed them this game. Just awful.

SVN said:
all right man, i dont understand why you get personal . its just my opinion.so u call me blind then you are blind too . doesnt make much sense does it ?
relax, i want pitt to lose but its just a game.

There's nothing personal about it. Not acknowledging that referees influence and sometimes determine the outcome of games is being willingly blind or ignorant, take your pick. It's not meant as an insult or something personal, it's just a fact.

The Gr8est said:
TV is off, I do not need to see ANY post game for THIS travesty.

I stopped watching a while ago. Just and awful spectacle.

Watching this messy, incompetent ending, makes BB and the Pats seem even better. How can you not have a good plan for short time. Is BB the only one who has a 2:00 drill, and who makes them practice it. What a joke.

Might be the worst SB I've ever seen. Dull, terrible officiating, 2 QBs who played pathetic football. The team that won actually played the 2nd half of the game scared of letting its QB throw. The other QB ran a clinic on what it looks like when a guy in over his head tries to run the 2 minute drill.

Gotta say...lousy game. It just didn't feel like a Super Bowl. Two sloppy, sloppy performances by the two teams.....and the officials, far too many mistakes.

Very disappointing.

MoLewisrocks said:

Pathetic.
what about the hasselbeck int ?? bad calls or not , you dont throw that.plus the 2 min off at the end of the half was pathetic.
the officiating was horrible but to say the seahawks did everything else , isnt correct

dhamz said:
Might be the worst SB I've ever seen. Dull, terrible officiating, 2 QBs who played pathetic football. The team that won actually played the 2nd half of the game scared of letting its QB throw. The other QB ran a clinic on what it looks like when a guy in over his head tries to run the 2 minute drill.
Hasselbeck actually wasn't too bad for the majority of the game...his receivers acted like the ball was coated in Vaseline however.

With the performance of the Seahawks kicker we need to get Adam signed fast before Paul Allen throws the bank vault at him.

Bella*chick said:
Hasselbeck actually wasn't too bad for the majority of the game...his receivers acted like the ball was coated in Vaseline however.

Stevens dropped all but one pass.

thats the worst super bowl i have ever watched .both teams suck as far as im concerned

Mvp?

How about giving the mvp to an official..... they won the game for Pittsburgh

patriotspride said:
thats the worst super bowl i have ever watched .both teams suck as far as im concerned

Agreed.

I just hope it's not a sign of Superbowls to come.

At least we'll be able to say we were the last dynasty before the NFL sucked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes