PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Post Game Thread- Packers beat the Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

You must have watched a different game than I did. Bailey was bad yesterday. Three punts into the end zone and one badly shanked when they needed to boom it. Not to mention the penalties by the ST unit.

The punt and kick returns were good and the horse collar call was BSbut that's about it.

I may have overstated his day. He had a mixed day. He he also had several really, really long punts. He had a 67 yarder. He had one bad shank punt. But a couple of the touchbacks were well kicked with bad bounces. I was pretty much rolling this whole season in on this one. But I definitely overstated it.

They played it super conservative, could have walked away with a win. At least they put up a good fight.

Our defense kept us in the game.

I wonder if we sign another QB from the waivers.

Full video here, just in case you think it's been cherry picked:

That's the Name Plate genius.

Name Plate or above. Not the name, the name plate. A actual jersey has a name plate that the players name is on and it extends beyond the name.

You can type until your fingers are blue and it won't change the rule. It also won't change the fact that I was not aware that Pats fans whine about the refs after a loss. This forum changed my mind somewhat on Pats fans. Sad really. If you want to whine about me stating facts, then that is on you.

Have a nice life. I have very limited time and stopped here after the game to post a couple comments. Not to have to be confronted with your insecurity and butthurt about your team.

Toodle loo!
f5a1461ac88db5e99b73fa49def96ab2--packers-baby-greenbay-packers.jpg

Name Plate or above. Not the name, the name plate. A actual jersey has a name plate that the players name is on and it extends beyond the name.

You can type until your fingers are blue and it won't change the rule. It also won't change the fact that I was not aware that Pats fans whine about the refs after a loss. This forum changed my mind somewhat on Pats fans. Sad really. If you want to whine about me stating facts, then that is on you.

Have a nice life. I have very limited time and stopped here after the game to post a couple comments. Not to have to be confronted with your insecurity and butthurt about your team.

Toodle loo!
View attachment 45904
Feel free to stop by in January after another first round Rodgers playoff exit.

Toodle loo!
View attachment 45904

Your team should try winning more than a laughably paltry 4 Super Bowls. Until your team has 6, you are not considered an actual human being.

Sorry, my friend. I don't make the rules.

Toodle loo!
View attachment 45904
Packers fans just like their QB ultimate front runners

I'm sure Packer fans do plenty of whining after loses, especially NFC Championship games at Lambeau.
Every fanbase whines about the refs specially the day after a loss so I don't know what he/she was expecting lol

Toodle loo!
View attachment 45904

PackerNation

Rookie · From TitleTown
Joined Jul 19, 2022

Lets see, your football, baseball and basketball teams have combined for 2 championships in the last 20 years.
Boston has 11

GTFOOH with that TitleTown garbage.

I like how much he has the Packers fanbased worked up because he said in his post-game that "he felt it was a little disrespectul to thrown an out-route on him". They are actually offended for Fraudgers because someone feels confident in his ability to guard against that. Then they acting like him slipping on their ****ty field was him getting beat. lol. Love it. He got some of that DAWG in him. Good.

Last edited:
I'm not sure after yesterday's performance if we will ever see Wynn on the field again in a Patriot uniform, barring any injury. This will be an interesting week though, especially if Cajuste is ready to go. No need to carry 4 OT on the 53, someone will have to go.
didn't they put Cajuste on IR? I think he's out 4 weeks (which seems stupid for a Tackle having a thumb problem). Just put a full cast on it, and let him win with fundamentals - something Wynn somehow lost all sense of.

Back on topic

They went down swinging with a 3rd string rookie QB in Lambeau vs a decent Packers team with a HOF QB. At least the team has mental toughness

He's doing more in line blocking.
Kind of a pathetic reason... Go double tight end if thats the reason... Don't use your minimum paid wr as a blocker... Use the tight ends you paid big money for

Lil Jordan isn't a receiving threat

Kind of a pathetic reason... Go double tight end if thats the reason... Don't use your minimum paid wr as a blocker... Use the tight ends you paid big money for

Regarding the Patriots TE situation you can't came it up. :rolleyes:

I like Lil Jordan, he did well during the summer catching balls. If given the opportunity, I think he would do well, but there are only so many footballs to go around.

Would've liked to see better play calling in OT It was good to see a decent running game again. Good stretch coming up. Lions/Browns/Bears/Jets/Colts/Jets/Vikings are all winnable

Okay first, old man language rant.

The constructions "should of," "would of," and "could of" do not mean anything.

The holy trinity of regret you are looking for is "should have (should've)," "would have (would've)," and "could have (could've)." For obvious reasons, when run together, it's easiest to drop the fricative "v," yielding "shoulda, woulda, coulda."

So to reemphasize: "Should have" (not "should of"). "Would have" (not "would of.") "Could have" (not "could of.")

That's just the warmup, because this "should of" business makes my eyeballs burn.

Here is why I have no respect for "shoulda, woulda, coulda." Very often, it consists of merely naming one of the holy trinity, and following it with whichever tactic was not chosen. It's what we call a counterfactual, which is unproveable without a Rick and Morty portal gun, and then you end up having to bury your family in the back yard.

By slavishly following the counterfactual method, single posters have sometimes, in a single thread, bemoaned (for example) multiple consecutive running plays, and running plays mixed in with pass plays -- just as a general respose to the same situation. We should always go for it if we punted. We should always have punted if we went for it. Whichever we called was "terrible playcalling." Whichever we "should of" called was better.

The key is, it's an ex post facto judgement.

I'm fine with "they ought to run it here" (for example.) At least you're not shooting fish in a barrel. But here's the thing. What you have to do when they do the opposite of what you spout and it succeeds, is shut up about the terrible playcalling. Better yet you should say something like "wow. Look at that. it really did work that time."

You'd see a really different complexion to these arguments.

I wish I knew the media landscape up there. Someone should study it for the word "playcalling." You could go through a list of logical fallacies and populate it with examples sprouting from that one silly fetish, the quest to prove bad playcalling.

And shut uppppppp already with naming the baddie of the week who is implicated in the quest. To read this forum there hasn't been a competent OC in New England since Charlie Weiss, if then, a competent DC since Crennel, if then, or a competent head coach ever (for some posters).

I mean, an occasional "come on coach, call a running play there!" is fine. What we have is at least a half dozen such outbursts a game, sometimes systematically, after the fact, advising boards of what the alternative play "should of" been. "Another run there! What terrible playcalling. Steve Belichick should be fired. They should of passed." Every important play.

We get it. Any given play that does not succeed you could have run a different play. Check. Thanks for the frickin news flash, consider that message delivered, along with "terrible playcalling" and the name of the person you believe responsible.

Okay, that's done. Stipulated for next week, if they did something and it didn't work, and something else has a non-zero chance of working, that one exists in a magical state of always better than the tactic that didn't work.

Okay. Now what else ya got?
If they coo dove run the ball twice on third and forth downs, they shoe duff gotten the 5 messyscary yards and wood of one the gay muff course.

Toodle loo!
View attachment 45904
Every fan base whines about the refs, even "football royalty" like Packer fans. Don't jerk off too much over NFL Films glory. Your fans' shyt stinks too.

Not debating whether you are right or wrong. But you sure are a pretentious little kunt, aren't you?

MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back