PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official Post Game Day Thread- Pats beat the Raiders!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Digger looks like he’s going to be an intimidating presence, hopefully sooner than later. Very early I know, but he reminds a bit of Rodney.

How much did Duggar play? I only noticed him in garbage time, as the announcers indicated.

Williams and Phillips seemed to be much more important at safety.

Sony's running hasn't changed. The BLOCKING up front is what changed. Not sure why this is so hard to understand. Especially when you consider that Sony didn't have Andrews at Center last year and that Mason and Cannon both played the entire season injured.
BB took Sony out of the game and gave JJ Taylor his snaps. Taylor started gashing Vegas with the same OL.

Sony saw his job outsourced to JJ Taylor and Sony finally got his act together when BB put him back in.

Wino and Wise played some good games today. Of course the strip sack TD stood out but I noticed Wise generating decent pressure throughout the game. Still high hopes for Allen and Uche to provide a boost to the front 7 in a few weeks or after the bye.

Allen is eligible to come back next week. So is Damien Harris. With the way that Thuney played today, I wouldn't be surprised to see Ferentz cut and re-signed back to the PS to open up one slot. If I was going to cut someone else, I'd make it Terrence Brooks. Especially with Williams, Dugger, and Phillips playing so well.

Uche isn't available until game 7 against Buffalo.

How much did Duggar play? I only noticed him in garbage time, as the announcers indicated.

Williams and Phillips seemed to be much more important at safety.
Dugger was in coverage on Waller for 6 plays as was mentioned by one of the reporters on Twitter. Not sure how many of the Zone plays he was in for. But I did see him out there in the 1st half.

Sony's running hasn't changed. The BLOCKING up front is what changed. Not sure why this is so hard to understand. Especially when you consider that Sony didn't have Andrews at Center last year and that Mason and Cannon both played the entire season injured.

Sony just had the 2nd best rushing day of his career with 117 yards. Michel did not have a 100 yard rushing game in 2019.

Overall, I love the focus on the running game. Most of the offense was working really well. Cam played pretty poorly, but good enough to win. Too many triple coverage balls (1 is too many and he had more than that) and he was inaccurate. Also, what's the deal with all the balls tipped at the line.

I really liked the Patriots coaching adjustments, this is why Belichick is the best.

I think Sony still is what he is, which is a solid but unspectacular back, but it seemed like he ran with a little more aggression today. Maybe brought on by seeing the undrafted rook steal some of his work. Most of the running success is definitely owed to the big guys up front though.

The New England defense has sneakily gotten a lot younger. Some vets are there, but significantly younger at LB, at the edge and with Williams and Duggar in the secondary. This defense will have growing pains, but has a shot to be pretty darn good.

I think Sony still is what he is, which is a solid but unspectacular back, but it seemed like he ran with a little more aggression today. Maybe brought on by seeing the undrafted rook steal some of his work. Most of the running success is definitely owed to the big guys up front though.

I honestly think that ALL of the running success today was thanks to the O-line and WRs. The run blocking was outstanding after the 1st two series. When you go back and look at it here is what happened:
Sony started 2 for 4 yards. Then finished 7 for 113 yards.
Taylor started 4 for 20. Finished 7 for 23.
Burkhead was 6 for 49 with 3 TDs..

What I like is that they got Sony involved in the passing game and he didn't let them down. 2 nice catches for 23 yards AND had a crucial blitz pick-up where he stone-walled the LB who was coming in on a delayed blitz.

The New England defense has sneakily gotten a lot younger. Some vets are there, but significantly younger at LB, at the edge and with Williams and Duggar in the secondary. This defense will have growing pains, but has a shot to be pretty darn good.

You can bet that BB will be giving it to Steve, Brian and whomever is responsible for the substitutions. No way they should have burned 4 TOs with Defensive Pre-Snap issues..

I honestly think that ALL of the running success today was thanks to the O-line and WRs. The run blocking was outstanding after the 1st two series. When you go back and look at it here is what happened:

What I like is that they got Sony involved in the passing game and he didn't let them down. 2 nice catches for 23 yards AND had a crucial blitz pick-up where he stone-walled the LB who was coming in on a delayed blitz.
Sony being a plausible receiver will make NE significantly harder to defend

Looked good after the slow start, lots of redundancy at RB, good blocking down field, no weapons at position but solid TE play, rock solid D aside from a couple bad plays. Some ugly screen plays early that got better later in the game. Great win, let’s keep improving.

Great audition from Renfrow, would not be surprised if we sign him down the road for a small deal.

The negativity here is pretty pathetic .... people should be happy that the team is at least entertaining

People are more concerned about being right that _____(insert player) sucks.

Sony completely erased a blitzing CB too, really good pass protection today from what I saw.

This is a good team! They were pretty thoroughly outplayed q1 but like alot of the great brady teams they weathered the storm , made great adjustments, and took control eventually. Im feeling much better now than i did early on, solid playoff team but probably not a sb team just yet. Still think it will hurt alot not having a legit kicker, and having zero threat in the return game. Those are little things that csn make a big impact in close struggles, already did impact one loss in a big way.

RB is looking strong like i had expected out the group, and we have been without harris and no white for 2 games. Sony looked his best today,maybe even better than the 18 playoffs. He actually made people miss today and looked like a first rounder. Burkhead imo is quietly one of the better #2’s in the league. He has that wiggle and ability to slip through the slightest of cracks that kevin faulk had. Harris and white will only make them better, very strong unit.

defense had a great game against a strong offense.

this was a big win imo.Really think wed have been 1-3 without it after next week and in a big hole. Taking a way too early look at possible afc playoff teams, of course lookslike balt, kc, ten, pitt , bills are very much in the mix and i dont see that changing barring major injuries . Houston looks to have taken a step down, i think they have a losing record this year and out of the playoffs . Raiders look good but we have the tiebreaker on them, so looks great early on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back