PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION Official Patriots Draft Day 3 Thread - Rounds 4-7

Never said that. I was on here praising the Gonzalez pick. Wanting them to draft a tackle in the first 4 rounds doesn't mean I didn't want them to draft another position that was of equal importance as LT.
I was responding to your post stating we passed on a tackle in the 1st round.

I am now NOT going to respond to you because you invariably move the goalposts. We were discussing a tackle in the first round.

I was responding to your post stating we passed on a tackle in the 1st round.

I am now NOT going to respond to you because you invariably move the goalposts. We were discussing a tackle in the first round.
No we weren't. I was literally on here happy they drafted Gonzalez.

I like this Douglas pick. Excellent after the catch.

BB sucking up to the fans now, Boutte and Douglass( compared to Flowers at shrine or senior bowl)

Bill is buying WR lottery tickets
3 things,

1) probably didn't think too highly of the class in general
2) probably not that fond of the reviews of his high WR picks or the results they get him
3) sick of watching us talk about it

WR scratchers are great stocking stuffers for the christmas morning that is the NFL draft

X Hutchinson to the Texans
I took White off my board a day before the draft but I'm not doing great regarding the Patriots.

That said I'm killing the Houston Texans draft. I certainly would have had CJ and Will on my board if I was paying attention to them but neither was on my radar for obvious reasons. After that I'm 5/6 and the miss is Tank Dell. Someone you needed a really strong feeling on.

Deuce Vaughn looks like a little kid playing with adults. And I thought Woodhead looked small.

Well the draft STARTED well imho, but I have to say I'm more than a bit baffled by what happened today and I'm trying to figure it out.

a. The freakin' kicker in the FOURTH - We currently have a kicker who has been nothing less than spectacular since he's been here. He's hit over 85% of his attempts inside 52. How much better do you have to be. The only POSSIBLE reason for this pick is the need to get someone who can KO. We WERE hurt several times by his short KO's after Bailey went down. But I'm grasping at straws here. BTW, never heard of this kid in the run up to the draft. Oh, we also had to trade UP to get him. :eek:
Nyland was one of the top kickers in the country. Some had him rated higher than Moody.

b. Then there are the 2 no-name interior OLmen. Now I acknowledge there is a need to start to develop an after DAndrews contingency plan, but COME ON MAN!, You couldn't have figure out how to take Breeland, You couldn't take Duncan, or Warren. We have 2 of the best young OG's in the league and our response is to add MORE. We have one of the best FG kickers in the league, and our response is to move UP in the prime of the draft and grab a kid whose stats are monumentally mediocre! Sorry, but I don't get it.

What did the Pats have BEHIND Strange and Onwenu? Ferentz, Russey, Hines and Murray.. If that made you comfortable, then we need to really talk. Not to mention that Onwenu is a free agent and there is no telling whether or not the Patriots have tried to extend him or not. If they have and he rebuffed them, then getting guys who can develop in the system for a year and take over from Onwenu next year is a good thing. It's also a good thing if they allow the Pats to move on from Ferentz and Murray.
c They still have a couple of picks to go and it seemed like they got the perfect boom or bust WR. I liked THAT one. But you know me. I LOVED the first 2 picks, and I was OK with the 3rd, though I would have rather had Kraft. But today, was like going back into the bad stretch of the draft, really inexplicable, Now I'm sure we all complained about the Owenu pick because he was a no name OG. Maybe this kicker will be great, and the OG's will all play major roles in a few years, but as of today, with another 3 months before camp starts, I'm pretty much stunned

Folk is 38. He doesn't do kick-offs and is limited in his range. They cut their kick-off guy in Bailey and I don't know of a Punter in the draft who can handle them.

This wasn't the draft to go big on WR.
Honestly yeah. I was all for taking a WR early. But there was like one or two worth it in the first round and it became a dumb choice with Gonzalez falling to us. If Gonzalez, just one of the lineman, one of the WR's and the kicker become contributors it was a very successful draft.

Deuce Vaughn to the Cows.

Our newest WR Demario Douglas cuts on a DIME. He looks like the Dion Lewis of wide receivers the way he can start and stop near instantaneously.

Looks a bit like Tyler Scott...whom I liked.

Justin Shorter WR Gators would be a good pickup for us….

Cowboys always have to find a way to make the draft about them lol

Take Carter

Our newest WR Demario Douglas cuts on a DIME. He looks like the Dion Lewis of wide receivers the way he can start and stop near instantaneously.

Wow. Douglas looks like an ACL injury waiting to happen with those cuts. But he is fun to watch.

Definite Dion Lewis vibes.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back