PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official: Graham to Denver

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why so many here are convinced Cutler sucks. He had a pretty fantastic rookie year. Something like an 88.5 rating; you don't often see that from rookie QBs. He will be very good.

He hasn't started an entire season and BB has some new toys. You don't think BB can confuse him on 3rd and long when there is like 1 d-lineman, 5 lb's and 5 db's?

How does that rate with other TE salaries?

NE might be grabbing headlines, but Denver is quietly having a very good offseason.

Denver normally does have a good offseason. But luckily for us they choke every year too....

I like Grahambo...but is he really worth this deal that makes him the HIGHESt paid TE in the NFL...are you kidding me???

Graham is officially making more than Gates and Heap.

I like Grahambo...but is he really worth this deal that makes him the HIGHESt paid TE in the NFL...are you kidding me???

nope its real

Is that more than Gonzalez, Crumpler, Heap and Gates??? Anyone know for sure?

Graham is officially making more than Gates and Heap.

That would have been just too much too pay him. There were just too many games where he disappeared for him to warrant that payday. I would like to see him do well in Denver and that team may be run about as well as any team in football besides our Pats.

2nd highest paid TE in the lead. WOW. Wow, wow.

How does that rate with other TE salaries?

NE might be grabbing headlines, but Denver is quietly having a very good offseason.

I still think he'll do more blocking than he likes. Their other TE Scheffler was clicking with Cutler and looks to be more of a receiving option.

Denver is definitely a team we have to watch out for.

Not only are they a thorn on our side already, but they are making as many upgrades as we are.

I like Graham and all, but he is DEFINITELY NOT the second best tight end in the league, and does not deserve to be paid as such.

I think all this extra cap space is driving contracts out of proportion. (much like in baseball JD Drew is making more money than David Ortiz)

Great deal for a great guy.

Horrible deal for a good team.

Wow, out of all the ridiculous contracts this offseason, that one may be the worst. Graham is certainly a good player, but I don't think anyone would say he is special.

It makes me shudder b/c Dallas Clark is a free agent next year.

Graham is special and, unfortunately, the Pats weren't able to make use of all his talents because of the issues they've had at OT.

Great deal for a great guy.

Horrible deal for a good team.

should we believe this is official yet with all the misinformation out there? they mis-reported graham the first time a couple days into free agency

30M for Graham? Whoa that's 6M per year and 15M in guarantees for a tightend? Ridiculous. I'm glad we didn't meet his asking price. Pats offered 4M a year and that was more than fair. IMO this is a David Givens situation. The Broncos got a good player but they vastly overpaid. I don't think Graham is in the same league as guys like Gonzo, Witten, Gates, etc.

should we believe this is official yet with all the misinformation out there? they mis-reported graham the first time a couple days into free agency

I believe so.

I believe Denver probably offered him a lesser contract he visited several other teams and probably got the same deal if not a little better then his agent reported back to Denver that they were going to take Seattles offer unless they had something better.

This was probably Denvers top offer.

He was my favorite offensive player. I'll miss him. He was good, but I completely understand not paying a enormous amount of money for a player that was not being utilized for that amount of money.

Good luck Grahambo. You'll be missed.

Our running game just took a step backwards.

Bye Graham! You were one of my favorite Patriots.

Good for Graham, he gets his big payday and gets to go home.

His Dad's old team, in the area where he also went to college, is good and has one of the most effective offensive systems in the league.

It doesn't get a lot better than that.

I wish him reasonable good luck, and certainly joy of his money and his homecoming.

Thanks for the memories Dan, despite the drops, you made some great catches. The 4th down catch in Houston perhaps was the highlight (though you kinda bobbled that one too ;)). I might miss the Brady headbutting the most, wonder if he'll find a new partner for that.

The Donkeys must be heavily backloading these deals, or doing some serious restructuring, because they are right up against the cap. According to this site, they had the least cap space in the league as of 3/2 at $2 million:
http://www.askthecommish.com/salarycap/numbers.asp. Perhaps Shanahan is feeling the heat of not having quite the success he's supposed to be having.

Last edited:
first of all thanks to DG for all he brought to the team and congrats on the payday.

i would have preferred it if he'd gone to seattle or sf in the nfc and couldn't be in a position to do us damage every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft