PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OFFICIAL GAMEDAY: Patriots @ Cardinals Week 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Obvious F*ck Goodell, but also F*ck all the chicken-little radio hosts and NE journalists who didn't think we had a chance (even heard someone yesterday say BB let Gronk sit because he already didn't expect to win the game and wanted to be cautious with injury...). NEVER doubt BB. NEVER.

Feck them all with a sandpaper bat.

The next time anybody complains about the Pats "wasting" a position on a dedicated long snapper, queue this ending up. ;)

Man what a satisfying win, with so much going against them. 2/3 of the offense that won this game was different from offense they started last season with.

Oh, and Gost --
amour12.gif

Happy for Jimmy to be honest. Happy for the team.

Great coaching and awesome performance from Grop.

without starting + goat QB
without all-record breaking starting TE
without no-stopping starting RB
without 4 projected starters in OL including starting LT
without starting DE

without winning turnovers + losing 2 (both for TD)

but truth be said - with all the rest - great night guys!

Holy F$ck there is no way you are supposed to win a game on the road, with a rookie QB, losing the TO battle 0-2, getting every **** call you can imagine, and not have the pass rush I was expecting.

This is about the most shocking win I can remember the Pats winning. Up to now it was the Superbowl vs the Rams, and the win vs Oakland where I turned the TV off after the tuck play (not knowing the rule)

Plus, with Fleming at left tackle, two rookie guards, and a second year UDFA at center. Amazing. Plus, the Cards didn't really play bad, the Pats just took it from them. Great game!

Because late in games, he likes to put the pressure on the other team, make them make a decision. He already knows what we'll do. See the Superbowl the other year.

You mean the Cards were going to decide on 4th and 5 with no timeouts and 1:06 left to either kick the FG or go for it?
I think BB just got lost in the moment. It happens.

Oh God that was a heart attack. But we pulled it out. Belichick is the best coach in history, goddamn.
1st place AFCE!
So we win, are 1st place in our division, everybody else in our division lost (and to make it even sweeter, all lost by a margin of fewer than 7 points), AND we hit both Carson Palmer and Goodell in the face? VERY productive Sunday....

Far from perfect, but Flemming/Cannon combo didn't cost them as much as I thought.

Damn impressive win! If they wanted to stick it to the NFL... winning on the road in Arizona w/o Brady and Gronk sure did it.

Congrats on the W.

(Smh, #^@#*& kickers.)

The Cards didn't play very well. The Pats weren't the greatest either but they overcame a ton; like some bad calls, some 3rd & long situations and most of all: missing the #1 QB of all time and a top 3 TE of all time.

I really couldn't understand that. In the SB, I understood in hindsight. This, I don't.

What don't you understand, the rookie center screwed the pooch and their not that clutch kicker pushed it wide, all because they felt the pressure.

Holy F$ck there is no way you are supposed to win a game on the road, with a rookie QB, losing the TO battle 0-2, getting every **** call you can imagine, and not have the pass rush I was expecting.

This is about the most shocking win I can remember the Pats winning. Up to now it was the Superbowl vs the Rams, and the win vs Oakland where I turned the TV off after the tuck play (not knowing the rule)
I will still take the SB win over the Rams over this game over the Cards. I mean this Pats team is a SB favorite with a starting caliber QB at the helm (even without Brady). No one gave the Pats a chance agains the Rams (the Greatest Show on Turf).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents