PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Texans

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
This is going to be a fascinating game...we are decimated on the O-line(4 starters potentially out) and our secondary is very thin with Mills out today. This is a winnable game and with the Jets at home next week, a win today and we could be back at 500 in two weeks and hopefully getting healthier.

Interested to see how much Jamie Collins plays today. Would like to see Harry and our tight ends make a few more plays. Want to also see if Rham is active.

Of course hoping for no more injuries.

Go Pats!!!!!

Let's discuss!!!!!

Let's go!!! I have a feeling our defense is going to have to win this game with 4 starters on OL out. Hopefully Mac will survive.

Definitely not what you need to happen on the O/L and trying to protect a Rookie QB, regardless of how promising he looks.
Here is hoping for the best. Get a W and no more injuries pl.
GO PATS

We aren’t facing the Bucs run defense this time. If Harris can get the run blocking he could get his opportunities to eat.

So they finally put Brown on IR?

Would anyone be surprised if he doesn''t come back this year?

The guy made almost $2 million per snap as it stands right now.

Ashley, they couldn't really play much worse. There's certainly an opportunity for a guy to compete for a role by playing really well today...
Lol Ross, was thinking the same thing...might be a good opportunity to showcase what they can do...except for Durant and Herron...we pretty much know what they are...would like to see if Cajuste gets the start.

Last edited:

I am wondering if the calf is turning into an achilles/ankle issue.

Let's cherish Brown's game 1 /first play from scrimmage season highlight

+35 YD1 & 10 - NE 25
(15:00 - 1st) D.Harris rushed right guard to MIA 40 for 35 yards. Pushed out of bounds by J.McCourty at MIA 40.

It's not looking good. OL has all the focus, but Mills out is also troubling. The week we lose Gilmore for good, now we have to roll with Williams and Bryant. If Jackson or J. Jones go down, we're screwed!

Karras and Ferentz are experienced vets, but they're not the biggest guys. I don't think they can push the line in the run game, and I don't know how confident you can be in pass blocking. Not to mention our backup tackles being turn-styles. So, it seems like a lot of draws, screens and stretch plays today. Because the one thing all these backups have over starters, is they are more athletic and light on their feet.

I think it's going to be ugly. Pats 9 Texass 6

Mac on the ride to the stadium

Ralph Wiggum Reaction GIF

While I won't ever be mad at a win, I know realistically this team at 1-3 probably isn't making the playoffs (unless it just clicks and they go on a run) but I won't be mad about losses because it will ultimately help in the long run especially if it ends up getting a top 10 pick to go get an OT or WR in the draft. Be in a position to draft a guy (Evan Neal) that is familiar with blocking for Jones, won't say no to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore