PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Pats @ Rams

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Obviously a big game tonight...we need to play a really good game tonight. I am so psyched!!! Need to be able to run and control the ball. Hopefully get a few turnovers as well!!!

A win tonight and we're over 500. Nobody would have thought that 5 weeks ago.

Of course hoping for no injuries!!!

Go Pats!!!!! Let's discuss!!!

Really hope we win this one. I'm not ready to kill the playoff dream. Not this week.
Or, to paraphrase, Patriots-wise:

4pwc5g.gif

Posted this in PFK's thread but wanted it here as well since it relevant.

I just looked at the RAMS defense. They are #1 against the Pass. #3 against the Run in terms of yards, #6 in terms of YPC.

This tells me that we want to stick with the RUN game against them. Especially with Cam.
Cam CAN NOT have a repeat of what happened against the 49ers.

We will have to win on STs and our Defense will have to help shorten the field whenever possible.
The Rams Punt coverage unit has only allowed 14 returns BUT they are allowing a whopping 15.5 yards per return. This is in the same realm as the Chargers. Hopefully Olszewski's magic will continue as the Patriots are the Leagues BEST with an average of 21.1 YPR.

On the flip side, the Rams Punt Return team is abysmal. They average a paltry 5.6 YPR. Definitely should be able to exploit this.
The Rams Kick return unit is in the bottom 6 in the league with only 16 returns and 23rd with an average of 20.6 YPR.
The Rams kick-off coverage is tied for 30th in that they let up 28.7 YPR.. So I'm hoping Moncrief can really bust a couple tonight.

Happy to hear they stayed out west and practiced at UCLA. Should be relaxed...

I’m going to make a big prediction that Asiasi has a big night tonight or at the least ....he will make his first NFL CATCH!!!

It's so easy to forget we have a tight end.

Happy to hear they stayed out west and practiced at UCLA. Should be relaxed...
This isn't new. They've done this on two previous occasions as well. It saves wear and tear on the travel for players, but it does put a bit more strain on the family side. They're lucky in that this one shorter (8 days) compared to other times when it was 10 days.

Rams #3 rushing D in the NFL and 2nd overall so how will Pats choose to attack? I am expecting lots of screens and sweeps to keep away from Donald.

Feeling those game time butterflies. First time I've had them all season. Rams are probably our toughest matchup other than the Chiefs. Gotta bring our A game on both sides of the ball.

Hmm.. Would have been nice to have Rashod Berry up from the PS.. He helped throw one of the key blocks on Punt Return for the TD last game

Keane & Asiasi are the TE's tonight. Damn would I love for them to surprise me. Those are the guys who have the most opportunities for our offense tonight. I'm not expecting a lot of production from the receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes