PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Game Day Thread Official Game Day Thread- Cowboys @ Pats

THIS IS OUR LIVE GAME DAY THREAD:

This is where we gather to follow things on Game Day. Obviously, emotions tend to be high so if anyone gets a little crazy, the use of the “Mute” button is encouraged on anyone who may be annoying to you to control your experience and to allow the moderators to also enjoy the game.

At the same time, please take a deep breath before over-reacting for the sake of making this a pleasant experience for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley

Banned
Reaction score
Everyone that I have heard is picking the Cowboys to win today. These are the games where we usually exceed expectations. The Cowboys have the most balance offense in the league so it's going to be fascinating to see what Bill comes up with to stop them.
I want our defense to get one or two turnovers. Let's see what our O-line looks and if they play as well as they did last week. Damien Harris looks like he is good to go!! It would be great to get to 500 today with the Jets next week.

Of course, no more injuries!!! Go Pats!!!!

Lets' discuss!!!!

So.. The only healthy RBs we have are Bolden and Stevenson.. Perry is still on IR.. Harris shouldn't play with his rib injury. And Taylor has a groin injury that limited him..

Need the running game to be a factor today, keep Dak and the Dallas offense off the field as much as possible, shorten the game.

This could get ugly early.

Jones is going to need to keep putting points on the board for us to have a chance.

Need to hold them to field goals as much as possible.

Jones is going to need to keep putting points on the board for us to have a chance.
Unless our defense shuts them down, then it won't be so necessary.

I think the Pats can put points on the board. Dan Quinn's cover-3 defense is not well equipped to defend against the Patriots' offense. The Pats' quick passing scheme tends to exploit the soft spots in the coverage in that defense. Opening week, Brady and company exploited that defense running pretty much the Patriots offense. Jones isn't Brady, but he is efficient enough to do damage. But is he like Brady in that he performs better against zone defenses than he is against man schemes.

Personally, I think this could be a breakout game for Jones. They have to stop being conservative in the red zone. But if he can get some protection, I could see him have over 300 yards and two or three TDs.

Personally, I would do a lot of shotgun with a spread offense. It is the best way to exploit the pockets in the Cowboys' defense.

My prediction again for Mac Jones: 375 Yards. 4 TDs. 0 Ints.

One of these days it will become true.

This week it COULD happen giving Dan Quinn's history vs. Belichick and McDaniels.

I think the Pats can put points on the board. Dan Quinn's cover-3 defense is not well equipped to defend against the Patriots' offense. The Pats' quick passing scheme tends to exploit the soft spots in the coverage in that defense. Opening week, Brady and company exploited that defense running pretty much the Patriots offense. Jones isn't Brady, but he is efficient enough to do damage. But is he like Brady in that he performs better against zone defenses than he is against man schemes.

Personally, I think this could be a breakout game for Jones. They have to stop being conservative in the red zone. But if he can get some protection, I could see him have over 300 yards and two or three TDs.

Personally, I would do a lot of shotgun with a spread offense. It is the best way to exploit the pockets in the Cowboys' defense.
Quinn according to Lazar doesn’t run that scheme anymore. They plan man defense.

Quinn according to Lazar doesn’t run that scheme anymore. They plan man defense.

I only watched the opening game this year for the Cowboys and they played a lot of zone defense against the Bucs. They did play some man early and actually had some success with it, but they abandoned it mostly for zone the rest of the game.

I, of course, want the Pats to win. I have difficulty agreeing that the Cowboys are only a 3.5 point favorite. I believe it should be at least 6.5, maybe more.

If the Pats play as they have, this will be a loss.

I hope they get their act together, a running game but then Harris is hurt, no fumbles or passes not caught or dropped. No stupid penalties. An offensive line that can protect Mac Jones. Coaches that can coach.

Go Pats

I, of course, want the Pats to win. I have difficulty agreeing that the Cowboys are only a 3.5 point favorite. I believe it should be at least 6.5, maybe more.

If the Pats play as they have, this will be a loss.

I hope they get their act together, a running game but then Harris is hurt, no fumbles or passes not caught or dropped. No stupid penalties. An offensive line that can protect Mac Jones. Coaches that can coach.

Go Pats
This reads like a Christmas Wish list

Can't make any turnovers or mistakes early on in this one. If that happens and they get down to start this one and have to play from behind, I agree, it won't be pretty.

We said the same thing about TB and the reason we lost was because of our kicker. The pats offense didn't need to score 40 points in that one. I would expect a game plan similar to the one we used vs the Bucs.

Dak has been strong, so you’d think NE will want to stay away from that. But letting the RBs run wild seems even more daunting….

hoping for a pick from one of NE’s DBs today.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back