PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Official 9/1 Decision Day? News Updates and Links Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He said either today or Wednesday. Granted, that's not all too specific, but he gave out the impression that it would come sooner than later.

Now we're not even sure Brady will even have time to file an injunction. I would say that's cause for concern.

He said "likely Tuesday or Wednesday", but definitely by the end of the week." He didn't say it would definitely be today or Wednesday.

He said either today or Wednesday. Granted, that's not all too specific, but he gave out the impression that it would come sooner than later.

Now we're not even sure Brady will even have time to file an injunction. I would say that's cause for concern.
I've heard orders being made public at 3AM. U might want to set your alarm

If Brady loses he shouldn't bother appealing because he won't win, so it doesn't really matter how much time he would have to file an injunction.

If Brady's lawyers are smart, and I know they are, they will have all the paperwork ready to file an injunction ready to go just in case.

On the other hand,

Gabe Feldman ‏@SportsLawGuy 1m1 minute ago
@tomecurran Could be order confirming or vacating arbitration award. Standard language.

Yeah, Curran is wrong on suggesting that there wouldn't be an order if Berman was confirming. But if you're going to read into the delay, an order confirming Goodell's ruling would basically be "Article 46 says Goodell can do whatever he wants, period."

If Berman's taking longer than he initially expected to craft a careful ruling that will stand up to scrutiny on appeal and get the desired result, this at least somewhat leans toward a pro-Brady decision. Still not a slam dunk, obviously, but my guess is that maybe he's trying to incorporate information that he got yesterday (Feely interview?), and is making extra sure that it's carefully worded to withstand an NFL appeal arguing that Berman committed the same errors as the judge in Garvey who was overturned by the Supreme Court.

If Brady loses he shouldn't bother appealing because he won't win, so it doesn't really matter how much time he would have to file an injunction.

Does Brady lose ground on an appeal bc the NFL was first to file? I wouldnt think so. All current signs point to a NFLPA victory.

If Berman's taking longer than he initially expected to craft a careful ruling that will stand up to scrutiny on appeal and get the desired result, this at least somewhat leans toward a pro-Brady decision. Still not a slam dunk, obviously, but my guess is that maybe he's trying to incorporate information that he got yesterday (Feely interview?), and is making extra sure that it's carefully worded to withstand an NFL appeal arguing that Berman committed the same errors as the judge in Garvey who was overturned by the Supreme Court.

This is how I see it as well, though I can't claim to be unbiased.

The season opener is in 9 days. He has to be aware that the longer it takes, the more pressure that is put on Brady and the Pats. This is crap.

The season opener is in 9 days. He has to be aware that the longer it takes, the more pressure that is put on Brady and the Pats. This is crap.
Exactly. It really does hamstring them this time of year and potentially the next four games.

If this BS wasn't going on they'd have a roster spot to use as opposed keeping Triple Lindsay around...

Hell, they could try and pluck a FB or another OLman off the wire. Maybe be able to carry Douglas?

They are essentially being forced to work with one less roster spot this entire summer.

Totally pisses me off that this Fs with the teambuilding process.

No.

He said 'HOPEFULLY tomorrow (Tues) or Wednesday, no later than Friday'.

It was pretty clear.

Not a lawyer or law buff of any kind. But as a professional, I like to have my work peer reviewed from time to time. Is it uncommon for Judges to confur with other robes before making big decisions?

Just a thought and a question.

Not a lawyer or law buff of any kind. But as a professional, I like to have my work peer reviewed from time to time. Is it uncommon for Judges to confur with other robes before making big decisions?

I'm a lawyer and I would think that would not be appropriate. Seems to go against legal ethics. The Judge's clerks, however, will write most of the actual decision.

That is a very reasonable assumption.

Judges will seek council from other judges on their expected ruling. I would expect Judge Doty and Bermen have chatted.

They will also talk to judges who may be involved in the appeal and receive their council and critique the drafted opinion.

He could be baking in some buffer-time there...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back