PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 5

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
Episode 2 Goodbye GIF by The Office

I really wanted Keenan Allen. And he only went for a 4th!

We need to at least get more help on OL.

I can't believe I'm saying this... I kind of hope we at least re-sign Trent Brown. :yuck:
At this point we might be better off starting a rookie or give Strange snaps at LT.

What's the point of a stop gap for a team that won't be competitive in the new league year.

And yes I fully understand that this will be taken as a negative post, but it is simply the reality.

We are coming off an abysmal 4-13 year and we haven't signed a single difference maker, not even close to it.

Maybe the draft will change that, but until then...

Outside of Tyron Smith there is barely anyone left. Williams is debateable but with his injury history not sure he’s worth it obviously.

Barring a trade I would expect:

• The pats carry over ~35 million in cap space next year
• The rookie QB doesn’t play

Buckle up

Outside of Tyron Smith there is barely anyone left. Williams is debateable but with his injury history not sure he’s worth it obviously.

Barring a trade I would expect:

• The pats carry over ~35 million in cap space next year
• The rookie QB doesn’t play

Buckle up
Yeah, I want Smith but will take Trent Brown at this point.

I want Williams, even knowing he's probably the second coming of Juju's knee. We can line him up with Bourne and Juju and have the gimpiest wide receivers in the game.

if, as expected, we draft a QB at #3, there better be a decent OL to protect him and at least one difference maker WR1 for him to throw to. Other than that, he may be running for his life.

The race for #1 is on... Let's Go!

That's 2025 #1 incase you didn't notice the elephant over there.

any stud WR or LT in the 2025 draft? just carry over the cap to next year, draft the QB they like at #3, let him sit and learn all year while Jacoby starts, pick top 5 in 2025, draft said stud WR or LT, and spend the cap in next years FA class

at this point there is no reason to start the QB this year unless they want to kill his confidence

I really wanted Keenan Allen. And he only went for a 4th!

We need to at least get more help on OL.

That one will be frustrating until we do land a wr1. To me it was the ideal bridge situation while we also draft a wr for the long term. only 1 year at 18 m so it keeps your 2025 and beyond cap space high (unless we decide to re up) and if our rookie qb does end up on the field this year he would help immensely.

“Chargers on line 2 looking to jump Arizona for MHJ Mr Wolfe.”

I liked Lazar's recent mailbag where he compared building a football team to building a house. The WR is your granite countertop. They're the last thing you add after getting the foundation and framing and everything else done. Build the Oline and QB first. WR can be found later when you're making a run.

We're not starting the rookie. Not with this supporting cast.
Then you drafted the wrong QB.

You don’t play the rookie if you think he is not ready not because of the supporting cast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back