PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 5

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you pick a QB at 3 only going to be RTs left, all the LTs going to be gone.

Really needed a veteran LT band aid in FA.
Could DJ Humphries be healthy by September? Is Charles Leno truly that bad?

Bill is a large part of why we are here, stop it.
It seems like Someone else with their hands on the purse strings is rearing his ugly head .. can’t only be Bill.

I don’t think Pac Man Jones could “Make it Rain” any better from what we’ve seen this week. I mean the fireworks are just blinding, “straight cash homie” why sign Anyone when we can have Greg Kite play LT. 13 games of Smith was better than 20 games of Greg Kite.

Its a multi year rebuild. We kept all the guys we should've kept and didnt have to overpay for any of them. None of the guys out there made sense for us, they were either old (Tyron Smith, Keenan Allen) or overpaid (Calvin Ridley, Jonah Williams). We're not going to be a contender next year anyway, might as well keep our flexibility and save the cap space to roll over to next year when we're hopefully a little closer to contending. And I do hope we use some of the space to extend Barmore this offseason.

Keenan Allen? The old guy that has caught 97 or more balls in 6 of 8 seasons. The old guy that caught 108 balls for 1200+ yards and 7 tds just last year?

This team needed a bridge gap for either LT or Wr so they could get the QB and 1 of the 2 in the draft. Didn’t matter which. They failed on both. Aside from Alt and Fashanu, the likelihood of someone drafted that will take quality snaps at LT is exponentially low. You have to be extremely lucky. Now we’re looking at lazy ass, plays when he feels like it Trent Brown as a savior.

I have to say I'm perplexed, but I guess we'll see what the rest of the plan is. Maybe they have another LT in mind.

Smith is precisely the type of guy this team would've signed in the past.

Keenan Allen just got traded to the Bears for only a 4th round pick. Why didn't we trade for him? Sitting on our hands so far...
It blew me away when I read that this morning. Some people here defend the decision like its their money and have to protect this business model. The guy has a couple of years left in the tank and you pay for what you get. Pats would of been on the hook for 18 million this year only as he’s a free agent in 25. Would of been a nice weapon to help inspire confidence in a rookie qb even if was only for one year. 4th picks are not gold bricks. ****, Bill’s burnt 2nd round picks in his fireplace keeping his stove warm.

Bill is a large part of why we are here, stop it.
Bills the reason wolf hasn’t addressed the two biggest needs in free agency with 50 million in cap left? Hell I would have been fine with addressing one.

I have no problem admitting bill left the roster in bad shape offensively, but to blame bill as to why they haven’t been addressing offense while leading the league in cap room is beyond ridiculous.

I have to say I'm perplexed, but I guess we'll see what the rest of the plan is. Maybe they have another LT in mind.

Smith is precisely the type of guy this team would've signed in the past.
We really needed just a LT and sign the remaining Pats free agents along with Barmore extension and it would of been a solid free agency. It would of enabled the team to focus on QB and Wr with the first two picks.

Give me a break about the health of Smith. 13 games of Smith would of been enough to make a difference.

I have no problem admitting bill left the roster in bad shape offensively, but to blame bill as to why they haven’t been addressing offense while leading the league in cap room is beyond ridiculous.
When your kids coach on the defensive side of the ball, why are concerned about the offense?????

Last time we had a single digit pick we selected a hall of Famer and made the Super Bowl his rookie year.

We had the 7th pick in 2008 and traded down and took Mayo. You think Mayo is a Hall of Famer?

I don’t know man, an elite Oline can make the average QB or RB look really good. It really does start there.
Give me an example because I am not seeing one. I am not saying you don’t need to build a good OL but I would still get the QB first everytime if I am in position to do so.

It’s much more difficult the find the QB so don’t throw away your chances because you are afraid to miss. Usually if you chicken out that’s when you end up chasing your tail for 10 years.

The risk is though there's a high chance of the Pats sucking again this year, the quickest way to get fired as a new GM is making a trade that has looks disastrous when you see next years draft order.

I don't think a new GM would want to risk something like that although it's clearly a need.
Giving the Vikings trade I think you can easily trade up from 34 back in the 20s

We had the 7th pick in 2008 and traded down and took Mayo. You think Mayo is a Hall of Famer?
pretty sure they were thinking Seymour in 2001 and forgot about the Mayo pick.

Bills the reason wolf hasn’t addressed the two biggest needs in free agency with 50 million in cap left? Hell I would have been fine with addressing one.

Why would I blame BB for what’s going on right now in FA? That’s not what I was saying, that’s absurd.

That is why stats are useless. People wordsmith to create any scenario they want.
Relax I was kidding around but either Mayo or Seymour would go a long way to helping us turn things around even not being on offense.

Free agency has been rough but nail the 3rd pick and we are a better team than last year.

When your kids coach on the defensive side of the ball, why are concerned about the offense?????
16 picks in the last 3 years were offense, 11 picks on defense. Draft value favored the offense. In terms of FAs, again, most were on offense.

So, say he sucked at picking offense. But it certainly wasn't a matter of concern. The resources were there.

Besides, our defense 2 years ago didn't give up a single punt in a playoff game. We had 6 slow guys starting, several of them were very over the hill. Defense needed a revamp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes