PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 2

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
The name seems like a fake account, but who knows. Most of these things get picked up by other outlets, if true. No one else has reported it since this morning, so I'm waiting to believe it until more people report it.

I agree that the name sounds made up, but fake accounts don’t usually give out specific companies they work for.

We will struggle to bring in elite talent til we have an Elite QB.
I’m shocked Fields could go for close to Mac Jones value.

The name seems like a fake account, but who knows. Most of these things get picked up by other outlets, if true. No one else has reported it since this morning, so I'm waiting to believe it until more people report it.

Just looked closer at it, it’s a lame parody account. The report is bogus.

We will struggle to bring in elite talent til we have an Elite QB.
I’m shocked Fields could go for close to Mac Jones value.

I’m not. In fact I’m pretty sure I told you that a bunch of times.

So … do we still have about 60 million in cap space?

Last edited:
I’m not. In fact I’m pretty sure I told you that a bunch of times.
Maybe the Bears are drafting Williams and sitting him for a year (he has some things that need cleaning up). Maybe the asking price for Fields remains a 2 or a 3 - they won't get it, but if they plan on sitting their draft pick, Fields is a good placeholder.

Why would they trade a (semi)competent QB who costs them under $5 million for a 6th?

Lawrence Guy is gone, Jennings isn't signed...there are a couple of really good DL still out there and they've got the cash to get one.

Mills is gone, so even if Dugger is back, there's a FS hole out there. There are a couple of good (one great, but he's 30) FSs out there and they've got the cash to get one.

FA isn't over and while I like almost every move they've made, they need SOME splash. They really do, if for no other reason tahn to keep up the charade that it was all Bill.

And that's all it was, a charade.

Lawrence Guy is gone, Jennings isn't signed...there are a couple of really good DL still out there and they've got the cash to get one.

Mills is gone, so even if Dugger is back, there's a FS hole out there. There are a couple of good (one great, but he's 30) FSs out there and they've got the cash to get one.

FA isn't over and while I like almost every move they've made, they need SOME splash. They really do, if for no other reason tahn to keep up the charade that it was all Bill.

And that's all it was, a charade.
(Shhhh)

Maybe the Bears are drafting Williams and sitting him for a year (he has some things that need cleaning up). Maybe the asking price for Fields remains a 2 or a 3 - they won't get it, but if they plan on sitting their draft pick, Fields is a good placeholder.

Why would they trade a (semi)competent QB who costs them under $5 million for a 6th?

Every report on the Bears has been that Fields is available, but they clearly overestimated what others would pay for him, that wasn’t surprising. I honestly don’t care what they do with him, I just didn’t want him here.

Every report on the Bears has been that Fields is available, but they clearly overestimated what others would pay for him, that wasn’t surprising. I honestly don’t care what they do with him, I just didn’t want him here.
There were Bears fans all over X and FB thinking they'd do something like swap their #9 and Fields for our # 3.

Fields is available, but what's the price? I bet it's still a 3rd or higher at this point, which is why everyone is running away from him.

There were Bears fans all over X and FB thinking they'd do something like swap their #9 and Fields for our # 3.

Fields is available, but what's the price? I bet it's still a 3rd or higher at this point, which is why everyone is running away from him.
Every team but the Bears seems to have a backup grade on Fields.

hope for the upcoming days

S: Blackmon, Fuller, Gardner Johnson, Curl, Simmons
Edge: Jennings
DT: Rankins, Armstead
OT: Tyron Smith for 1-2 years --> he can be a great Mentor for the hopefully day 2 OT pick
WR: trade
CB: Howard

Well, if Bobby Thompson wrote it, you can take it to the bank.

For f*cks sake, can we stick to non-opinion posts by legitimate reporters, not opinion post by an internet nobody like this.
I 100% agree with this Bobby character. There is no way Ridley is coming here. He wants to stay in Jax and is helping them by waiting until 4:01pm tomorrow to save the 2nd rounder. Time to move on.

I suspect Pats fourth would get it done
Field and Brissett battle it out in TC for starting role
Release Zappe
Draft a qb and let him sit for 1-2 years

After day 2, these are the Patriots FAs that have been brought in, that weren't on the team last year:

Jacoby Brissett (1 yr, 8 mil)
Sione Takitaki (2yr, 6 mil)
Antonio Gibson (3 yr, 11 mil)
Chukumwa Okorafor (1 yr, 4 mil)

After day 2, these are the Patriots FAs that have been brought in, that weren't on the team last year:

Jacoby Brissett (1 yr, 8 mil)
Sione Takitaki (2yr, 6 mil)
Antonio Gibson (3 yr, 11 mil)
Chukumwa Okorafor (1 yr, 4 mil)
Pay Day Money GIF

I 100% agree with this Bobby character. There is no way Ridley is coming here. He wants to stay in Jax and is helping them by waiting until 4:01pm tomorrow to save the 2nd rounder. Time to move on.
Would you rather work with Trevor Lawrence or Brissette if you are WR.
Would you prefer 0% tax in Florida or 9% in Mass
Pats can not compete with that.
But he will have another mental breakdown so its ok

Last edited:

That’s because Chad Reuter and others were doing ridiculous mocks with the Patriots making that idiotic deal. There were a bunch of mocks like that, and all of them were moronic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes