PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS Official 2024 Free Agency Thread - Day 2

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am quite surprised we weren’t after one of the top free safeties.
You'd think there is a gap for a veteran defensive back. CB/FS or both. Be Mills if the trend of this free agency continues.

Not sure if anyone noticed lol

After 14 years.

I am in THE STARTING LINEUP

I finally got compromising pictures of the Coach

Edit: I’m the Kicker. I beat out some stiff named Ryland
A real Troy Brown

Sorry, for such a huge banner I was expecting a name player.

I can just imagine in the past, a huge full screen picture screaming “RE-SIGNED” and at the bottom stating James Ferentz.
It's not fake. I am surprised it's so bold as well.

Whenever anyone brings up the FA receivers... people say they'd rather draft one.

Whenever anyone brings up the FA OTs... people say they'd rather draft one.

When we were talking TE names before Henry re-signing... rather draft one.

No one wanted any of the QBs even as bridge options.

I get that building through the draft is better, but you have to fill in with some free agents.

The Pats intended to cut him tomorrow. That is what was announced. I've seen nothing that said he was already cut.. That's why I said we have to wait and see on the details.

The fact that schefter said that it was a 1yr deal worth 4.69M but with the Pats paying part of the guaranteed money is why things aren't clear.

The Pats were going to be responsible for paying 3.19M if he was cut. But that wouldn't be included in a "NEW 4.69M" deal.

I think he was traded and the deal restructured with him taking slightly (4.69M v 5M) less than he would have made but with the entire amount being guaranteed. This would mean they some of the Per game money into Salary and the guaranteed money into a one time Roster bonus.

But that is my speculation.

Parker has/had 3.1 mil guaranteed in his contract. So much like Russell Wilson, that money is paid by his previous team. So the Pats pay him 3.1 mil and the Iggles pay him the rest. No trade, they cut him, this is what they call the "off-set" language in most contracts with guarantees.

Or pivot to the deep WR draft.

I hope they don’t trade any assets for a WE.
would prefer the pivot to the draft, unless they can get Aiyuk for a reasonable cost, say a 3rd this year and next

Free agent breakdown of Lions WR Josh Reynolds. Not saying he's special, but he brings a play style and physical profile we don't currently have on the roster at WR. We don't really have an X receiver. Bourne and Thornton (if he panned out) are Zs. Douglas and Juju are slots. Reynolds would be the best option we have at X. At lease gives you a placeholder.

It's not fake. I am surprised it's so bold as well.
Idea Volunteer GIF

Am who is Chriss Elliss

Confused Mark Wahlberg GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Parker has/had 3.1 mil guaranteed in his contract. So much like Russell Wilson, that money is paid by his previous team. So the Pats pay him 3.1 mil and the Iggles pay him the rest. No trade, they cut him, this is what they call the "off-set" language in most contracts with guarantees.

That's not how I though offset language worked. I thought it meant that that the team owes the player his guaranteed salary, OFFSET by anything he gets from a new team.

Time to start looking elsewhere for receiver, can't imagine we would want Hollywood Brown, so less flashier options I would want on the cheap would be KJ Osborn or Curtis Samuel.

He would have had to have been traded for the tweet to be accurate. But the tweet could also have been wrong. I guess we'll see in a day or two.

Ridley is good but not so good that you need to get jerked around. If he won't commit by tomorrow morning then call the Jags and tell them that you're OUT. See how much Ridley gets from them when they no longer need to outbid NE for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents