PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2023 Patriots Draft Day Discussion: Round 2/3

I think we both know that a D1 Team would have been his preference, let’s be honest.
Are you him? Maybe he liked the coach the school the people the location.

I don't know, but you can't always be in "development" stage. It'd be a shame to see Dugger walk - he's just coming into his own.
IMO they will keep Dugger. Bill seems to be fine with paying his safeties. I'm more inclined to think Onwenu gets paid elsewhere.

On the lack of draft picks on offense and the need to improve, I’m not so worried about skill position players. Everyone trashing last years’ offense should remember that the difference between 2022 and 2021 (where the offense was the 6th highest in scoring) was a solid O line and competent OC/coaching. Skill position talent didn’t change much. I am a little surprised they didn’t go oline so far but they have shown the ability to find quality starters later in the draft and so maybe that is what they are banking on.

I believe Dawand Jones and Darnell Washington are still available.

Don‘t forget Dugger is a free agent next year and likely will command top safety money. So may have just drafted his replacement when he leaves next year.
Could be but in the Year of the Tight Ends we also have our current 2 TE’s in the same situation as Dugger.

They have had far more success with late round and UDFA OL talent than trying to draft WR and TE (except for Gronk/murderer). Given how lackluster the WR/TE class was this year from a difference maker standpoint I am not surprised with the moves.

???

Are you saying we haven't had success with UDFA OL?

We've had successes there over the years from Donald Thomas, Steven Neal, David Andrews, Dan Connolly, Ryan Wendell, Bryan Stork, Joe Andruzzi.

U knew Belichick was going to like him since he's not on social media.

Sounds like "Bill liked him and that's why he got drafted". I know Bill loves the safety/LB hybrid and it seems to be his white whale but Kyle Digger seems to already be in that role. I guess he plans on letting Dugger walk? I don't know. Just a bad pick and very reminiscent of Bill's last bunch of drafts.
Good points….thx 203

I believe Dawand Jones and Darnell Washington are still available.
Would love one of the two of them. I don't know why Jones is falling but the Twitter rumors have Washington falling over concerns with his knee.

Who’s this hose gobbler making the Bills pick

“Influencer”

Cripes, who was that dweeb announcing the Prairie Cows pick?

Drew Pearson has referred to Jerry Jones twice as a HOF'er. Just because something is technically true doesn't mean you should draw attention to it when it is something that is such an undeserved ****ing embarrassing joke.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back