PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT DAY DISCUSSION OFFICIAL 2023 Patriots Draft Day Discussion: Round 2/3

Wow this Titans pick announcer is talking all kinds of TRASH! What have the Titans actually done recently to earn that swagger? Nothing much that I can recall.
That was Jason McCourty dude. He was **** talking Mahomes from his time as a Patriot when they beat KC in the AFCCG and went to the Super Bowl instead.

For everyone's information - Mapu was a quarterback, wide receiver, linebacker, safety, and corner in high school.
So someone beat him for every one of those positions except 1? :D I kid

For everyone's information - Mapu was a quarterback, wide receiver, linebacker, safety, and corner in high school.
Sacramento state. If he was that highly athletic, why wasn’t he at playing at a higher level?

Mapu is clearly a linebacker.

I know of no 245 pound safeties, so why are people comparing him to Chung?

Hmm. Not a huge fan of this one. He's maybe a TE eraser? But I don't see him breaking into the rotation. Maybe I'm pessimistic. I'd rather have gone up to get OL/TE. The first two picks were A+ / A for me, respectively, but this initially is a C. Maybe I'm overly harsh, but I don't love the combination of need, value, upside, position, etc. I hope I am wrong.

That was Jason McCourty dude. He was **** talking Mahomes from his time as a Patriot when they beat KC in the AFCCG and went to the Super Bowl instead.
He shoulda said, "Congrats on your Patriots aged out trophy. You never beat us when it mattered and you know that in your soul."

Sacramento state. If he was that highly athletic, why wasn’t he at playing at a higher level?
Any number of reasons. Ask the same about Dugger. Athletic freak, played in D2.

• Winner
Reactions: Ian
Wow this Titans pick announcer is talking all kinds of TRASH! What have the Titans actually done recently to earn that swagger? Nothing much that I can recall.
Did you really miss that the announcer was Jason McCourty, and he was on the Pats the year they beat KC in the AFCCC?

Ok I was thinking the whole time why does this dude look like Devin McCourty... that can't be him cos he's obviously a Titan! It totally slipped my mind that he had a brief cameo here in New England to play with his brother. LOL.

That’s actually a really good point. They seem very comfortable with the offense, I hadn’t thought of that. Maybe?
The problem is far too many of them aren't signed beyond this year.

I am loving this draft! I want a dominant D.

Mapu is going to be a stud.
Hope you’re right on both counts but also hope we’re not on the losing end of a bunch of “13 - 10” games…

Maybe he just wanted to go there.

Your kidding right? He doesn't look familiar at all? Doubly maybe?

Ok I was thinking the whole time why does this dude look like Devin McCourty... that can't be him cos he's obviously a Titan! It totally slipped my mind that he had a brief cameo here in New England to play with his brother. LOL.
2018 to 2020.

The problem is far too many of them aren't signed beyond this year.
It is indeed an issue, but there are copious cap dollars available for extensions or re-signings of any players who excel this year. It is possible they want to evaluate who steps up in 2023 and then pay them in 2024 to stay.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back