PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OchoCinco Heading to NE????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about this...8 years of your life playing under Marvin Lewis. Wow.

That's a great perspective PC. what a contrast it will be for him.

Who is this guy and what did he do to Belichick? He's giving away all these picks Bill spent years stock piling :eek: .

Maybe he had a Vision during the lockout and realized that if they lost any or all of the season it would be one less year for Tom Brady in his Prime, after losing another to injury. He's spent the last few years building and planning, not without some missteps; but from here on, The Future is Now.

So... why didn't we put up 30 on the Jets in the playoffs? Were LT and Shonne Green covering our receivers and stuffing our run? The Jets run game didn't force 3&outs and stop our drives. Yes, game control is important, but their running game doesn't stop our offense from executing when it is on the field.

edit: I'm not saying I don't think we can beat the Jets, not saying that at all, but I'm saying our run defense doesn't make our offense execute better which is what you are implying.

What I'm implying is that a better run defense gives us the ball more offensively. With more chances, Brady and co should be able to put enough points on the board for us to win, even when having a off game. You win championships with great defense (I know, it is the most overused cliché in sports). Improving the pass rush/run defense was the priority, because, like you said, we didn't execute offensively in the playoffs. The personel is fine and adding Ochocinco only improved a very potent offense. BJGE, Woodhead, Hernandez and Gronkowski are all a year older, so they should be even better.

I think we would have won with better run defense because Brady was getting into a rythm in the 3rd quarter. Give him the ball more and he will put up points on the board, enough of them to beat Mark Sanchez anyways. That's what crushed us, our inability to stop the opposition when our #1 ranked offense was struggling. Stop them and give your offense more chances and when you have Tom Brady (or any QB of that caliber) at the helm, you are gonna win. Especially with the weapons TB had at his disposition.

I am really excited to see what a motivated Chad Johnson could do in an offensive where he is not the center of attention, and obviously with a great Qb in Brady. I was talking to my friend early and we where reading some quotes and trying to dissect them a little bit.

One of the quotes I found most interesting:

"A lot of people say my style of play would be weird in that system but the thing they don’t realize is that I don’t have to be Chad Johnson. I don’t have to be Ochocino in the media, because I’m finally getting what I’ve wanted. Winning. Winning."

Me and my friend both agreed that he has to come in and work hard and prove that the whole "Ochcoinco persona" is behind him and he is a Patriots. My friend made a great point when he said, "He's said all the right things, now do it. He's been this character for so long, how much of that is a part of him now."

I personally think he is going to come in and try to cement himself into the hall of fame. I mean he has some decent numbers and with a few years of some good to decent numbers and a couple rings, Chad Johnson who put on that future hall of fame vest could really become apart of hall of fame.

BB knew, and a lot of us knew. I wonder if those who were bashing some of us for calling for moves at WR and DE/OLB will offer up the mea culpas now.

Good post.
Old DW was roasted for saying the names Haynesworth and Ochocinco last year. I guess you can call it the blind squirrel result. The big shots here burned me. Got Moss right as well.

It is to be seen if these guys produce. I hope so.
DW Toys

Good post.
Old DW was roasted for saying the names Haynesworth and Ochocinco last year. I guess you can call it the blind squirrel result. The big shots here burned me. Got Moss right as well.

It is to be seen if these guys produce. I hope so.
DW Toys

I was just thinking about you when I saw the news :p Did you order your Ochocinco Pats jersey yet?

I was definitely in the anti-Ocho, club but considering what we gave up, and the restructuring of the contract, I can live with it. $6M this year is still a bit much but I take it as an encouraging sign he was willing to re-do the deal to come here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back