PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OchoCinco Heading to NE????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he doesn't cry about it. seriously. Patriots don't cry!
Rex does.

Weeping on MNF and after getting his axx kicked in Pittsburgh.

No he's not.. The guy loves football and loves belichick

When stuck in Cinci for 7 years, anywhere you go, you're gonna be motivated

He better be another former Bengals version of Corey Dillon and play hard if he wants to stay here for 3 years.

Well if the Jets get the guy with the funny name from Oakland, it won't matter who the wide receivers are.

and the jets still won't be able to cover anyone in the middle

BB knew he had to fix the WR problem after what happened in the Jets game.

Brady had nobody deep and was forced to dink and dunk right into the Jets hands.

The big question is that which current WR gets cut or traded?

BB knew, and a lot of us knew. I wonder if those who were bashing some of us for calling for moves at WR and DE/OLB will offer up the mea culpas now.

You do realize him and BB are close and talk a good amount and he has the most respect for the pats. If BB tells him to shut up...he respect him enough to shut up

Maybe but he isnt as awesome as he makes himself to be. He constantly complains to the QB at least in cincy about wanting the ball or something or other. And routinely gets shut down by revis and such. Maybe having Wes and the 2 TE will help him flourish. I just wish they drafted/developed a young receiver.

It was worth waiting a whole lockout for this news. I love OchoCinco. He was perhaps my favorite non-Patriot.

He's irreverent, but never maliciously so. I think the whole situation with his name change is sort of who he is -- he wanted to wear "Ocho Cinco," either as a stunt or to celebrate Latino Heritage Month depending on who you ask. When fined, he accepted and worked within the system to get his way by doing something extrordinary. This guy goes the distance. He's wanted to be a Patriot for at least 3 years and has been vocal about it, and he made it happen. I love a guy like that. How can you not?

I don't follow this stuff nearly like some of you do, but you never hear of off the field issues, parenting issue, or anything like that. On the field, he's been productive and has a great work rate.

Does anyone doubt that if Bill says to him at half time, "you haven't caught a ball all day, but keep doing what you're doing because it's why we're up 10," he'll say anything but "will do, coach"? Love this trade. Love this guy.

and the jets still won't be able to cover anyone in the middle

ochocinco hasnt been able to do anything vs the jets and revis. He talked big game and said he will change his name if he gets shut down and still got shutdown. I guess i need to see him do something before i believe this is a good move football wise.

ochocinco hasnt been able to do anything vs the jets and revis. He talked big game and said he will change his name if he gets shut down and still got shutdown. I guess i need to see him do something before i believe this is a good move football wise.

We play 14 other teams in the regular season besides the Jests. Maybe you forgot that.

Maybe but he isnt as awesome as he makes himself to be. He constantly complains to the QB at least in cincy about wanting the ball or something or other. And routinely gets shut down by revis and such. Maybe having Wes and the 2 TE will help him flourish. I just wish they drafted/developed a young receiver.

Brandon Tate and Taylor Price. How's that for youthful development?

It was worth waiting a whole lockout for this news. I love OchoCinco. He was perhaps my favorite non-Patriot.

He's irreverent, but never maliciously so. I think the whole situation with his name change is sort of who he is -- he wanted to wear "Ocho Cinco," either as a stunt or to celebrate Latino Heritage Month depending on who you ask. When fined, he accepted and worked within the system to get his way by doing something extrordinary. This guy goes the distance. He's wanted to be a Patriot for at least 3 years and has been vocal about it, and he made it happen. I love a guy like that. How can you not?

I don't follow this stuff nearly like some of you do, but you never hear of off the field issues, parenting issue, or anything like that. On the field, he's been productive and has a great work rate.

Does anyone doubt that if Bill says to him at half time, "you haven't caught a ball all day, but keep doing what you're doing because it's why we're up 10," he'll say anything but "will do, coach"? Love this trade. Love this guy.

I love him for this commercial alone! lol

Last edited:

Good thing we have Welker, Branch, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Woodhead and BJGE. If Ryan wants to play Revis exclusively on Ochocinco, let him do so, our other playmakers will have more space and Brady won't focus on Ochocinco, he will spread the ball around. Having Ochocinco forces other teams to match up against him which will give a LOT of space to other guys, especially Wes Welker. Welker having more space to work with is the best thing that could happen to our offense.

I expect a monster year from Wes.

Good thing we have Welker, Branch, Hernandez, Gronkowski, Woodhead and BJGE. If Ryan wants to play Revis exclusively on Ochocinco, let him do so, our other playmakers will have more space and Brady won't focus on Ochocinco, he will spread the ball around. Having Ochocinco forces other teams to match up against him which will give a LOT of space to other guys, especially Wes Welker. Welker having more space to work with is the best thing that could happen to our offense.

Lets also not forget they probably won't have Cro or Nnamdi on the other side of Revis this year. Unless they sign Joseph I see their secondary taking at least a small step backwards while our offense is taking small steps forward.

BB knew, and a lot of us knew. I wonder if those who were bashing some of us for calling for moves at WR and DE/OLB will offer up the mea culpas now.

I wouldn't count on it.

Lets also not forget they probably won't have Cro or Nnamdi on the other side of Revis this year. Unless they sign Joseph I see their secondary taking at least a small step backwards while our offense is taking small steps forward.

Honestly, I don't really worry about their defense. They have a good defense and Ryan always seems to know how to attack Brady, but we have so many weapon that we should be able to put at least 28 points on the board against the Jets. What I worry about is our ability to stop their run game. That is what killed us in the playoffs. Haynesworth could be the answer, but he is far from a guarantee. Our young guns having more experience under their belt should also help tremendously.

That being said, I can't wait for the season to start :)

Honestly, I don't really worry about their defense. They have a good defense and Ryan always seems to know how to attack Brady, but we have so many weapon that we should be able to put at least 28 points on the board against the Jets. What I worry about is our ability to stop their run game. That is what killed us in the playoffs. Haynesworth could be the answer, but he is far from a guarantee. Our young guns having more experience under their belt should also help tremendously.

That being said, I can't wait for the season to start :)

The Jets run game didn't keep us from sustaining drives in the playoffs when we had the football.

The Jets run game didn't keep us from sustaining drives in the playoffs when we had the football.

No, but they kept us of the field when the offense started to hit its strides. I think we would have won if we had stopped the run. We had (and still have) too much talent not to score around 30 points a game, even when we suck in the first half. Stop the run, give Brady the ball and you have a better chance to win.

Sure, we need to protect TB12 in the post-season like we do during the regular games, but if we can stop the other teams more often, we will have the ball more and score more points. The pass rush/run stopping was more important than fixing the offense... it was already the best in the NFL.

No, but they kept us of the field when the offense started to hit its strides. I think we would have won if we had stopped the run. We had (and still have) too much talent not to score around 30 points a game, even when we suck in the first half. Stop the run, give Brady the ball and you have a better chance to win.

Sure, we need to protect TB12 in the post-season like we do during the regular games, but if we can stop the other teams more often, we will have the ball more and score more points. The pass rush/run stopping was more important than fixing the offense... it was already the best in the NFL.

So... why didn't we put up 30 on the Jets in the playoffs? Were LT and Shonne Green covering our receivers and stuffing our run? The Jets run game didn't force 3&outs and stop our drives. Yes, game control is important, but their running game doesn't stop our offense from executing when it is on the field.

edit: I'm not saying I don't think we can beat the Jets, not saying that at all, but I'm saying our run defense doesn't make our offense execute better which is what you are implying.

Last edited:

If they get nnamdi, where does their pass rush come from?? they can't sign another guy without nnamdi. Also, who do they have for recievers? Keller and holmes? then who? B johnson and edwards are gone if they get nnamdi. Its really a stupid move for the jets to get him IMO. They already have the best corner in the league why do you need another one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back