PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ocho Cinco wants out of Cinci, jealous of Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can cure a malcontent worker. You can't cure someone whose ego is fighting with the stratosphere for dominance. Moss may have taken plays off but he was never the Show off, sideshow, drama queen Johnson is.

He said he wants to win, he doesn't want to dance and celebrate when they're losing. Do you think Moss doesn't have an ego? Did you hear him at media day yesterday? Johnson's not a distraction he's a scapegoat, just like Moss and Dillon were before they came to the Pats.

First time poster, long time lurker....

Yeah, but if Moss doesn't resign with the Pats becuase someone offers him a ludicrous contract in free agency (which could happen) and Ocho Cinco wants to come here for a good discount then why not? The Pats have proven they could keep Dillon and Moss in check...

Moss said the other day he wants to retire a Patriot. The old days of Randy Moss are gone. He is still amazing, but he is a man now, not a little punk.

No no no no no. Keep him away from this team. We don't even need him anyway.

A lot of people said the same exact thing about Moss a year ago.

He said he wants to win, he doesn't want to dance and celebrate when they're losing. Do you think Moss doesn't have an ego? Did you hear him at media day yesterday? Johnson's not a distraction he's a scapegoat, just like Moss and Dillon were before they came to the Pats.

Every player has an ego. I never siad they didn't. Johnson's is just at another level. When the Bengls were losing he promised to not do anymore dances. They win one game and he was right back to his old antics. Moss and Dillon as far as I can remember did not do the showboating crap that Johnson does on the field.

A lot of people said the same exact thing about Moss a year ago.

Thats great I didn't. We actually needed Moss last year. Since I'm expecting Randy to stay we don't need Chad.

People said that about Moss before this year too. And about how Moss took plays off and only tries when he wants to. If CJ would be willing to fall in line then I don't see why anyone would have a problem with him coming to the Pats. I don't think he will but I don't know why people seem to have such a problem with the idea.

Wish I knew how to do a multi-quote, but I think the below post from MoLewisrocks answers perfectly why people would have a problem with the idea. Just to add, I live here and see a lot of him during games. His on field attitude sucks and his body language is all about the little pissing contest between him and Palmer.

"BB did his homework on Randy. Randy, at least by the time Bill started considering him, represented tremendous value as a player who had internalized his disappointments to the point he was struggling to play the game he loves. Bill knew he could pull that player out of his funk. Ocho and TO don't know how to internalize their disappointments, which is why they continue to have the capacity to create sufficient distraction to tear any team apart. Neither has the ego control that would allow them to take a prove it deal, either.

TO is entering the last year of his deal in Dallas. If they struggle out of the gate in 2008, Wade will be the least of their problems. Cincy is just floundering, awash in offensive talent and devoid of leadership. Speaks volumes about Palmer too. It will be hard to repair the damage they are inflicting on each other this off season. Bengal fans are like kids whose parents really don't like each other, they'd probably be better off long term if the folks divorced."

Last edited:
Chad is already signed, right? getting him would be v difficult

On Marv Lewis' team, yes he does[like Chad Johnson].

That's the key right there.

BB might really enjoy Chad Johnson as a player and or person and or entertainer, but I don't think he wants him on the team. Grouping Moss together with ego-maniacs like Johnson or TO is unfair, whatever was said about Moss, he's a different guy altogether, and it was never hard to imagine him fitting in given the right scenario assuming the talent was still there. It was. That's not the question with Johnson.

So, as scary as the idea of Moss, Johnson and Welker on the same field sounds, I'll pass, particularly considering we have much greater needs and on top of that, I have a feeling Chad Jackson is going to surprise some people next year and be a pretty deadly 3 or 4.

Last edited:
Problem is CIncy and Coach Lewis have already said they wont trade him and that getting rid of one of your best players is not the way to get better

They always say they won't trade the guy. Right before they trade him. Of course they're not going to come out and say "HERE, TAKE THIS GUY OFF OUR HANDS" because the best offer they'll get is a 6th round pick.

What if the Colts got Ocho Cinco? Is there any possibility of that? That would just be crazy, and could make for some real interesting games between us and the Colts.

CJ has actually just displayed interest in the Dolphins. :eek:

Reporter: Are you going to be wearing orange and black next year?
Chad Johnson: Maybe aqua, teal and white. You never know. Parcells call me, stop playing around man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TebMvv2JRnk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back