PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NY Post Writer claims all of Belichick's moves this year were because of the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just in from the Post's twitter:

Bill Belichick 2 force Hollywood QB Brady to eat hotdogs between snaps 2 try and help his accuracy. Move stolen from Jets. #cheater #spygate

The Jets wish they had Tom Brady and Bill Belicheck and 3 Super Bowl victories. #get #real

In response to JMT

in fact, those key words sound like they were suggested to the writer by someone else..for instance, it would NOT be a stretch to think that Rex Ryan personally asked this writer to write this column and future columns as the season unfolds. As we've seen, he's already like a tortured little fat rat in a sack since his big chance at glory ended, to wit Hard Knocks. Last year he was able to say things like this writer wrote in this article, because he was the "nuovo celebre",the latest flavor for the media to fawn over and quote ad nauseum. This year, with the strike keeping everybody out of the public eye, Ryan has lost his perma-press presence and thus the adulation and constant stroking he so desires.

yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if this writer is just a bought and paid NY flunky catspaw.

Last edited:
This just in from the Post's twitter:

Bill Belichick 2 force Hollywood QB Brady to eat hotdogs between snaps 2 try and help his accuracy. Move stolen from Jets. #cheater #spygate

Now that I think about it, I recall there were some blatant cheerleading homerish type of comments on twitter from some New York sportswriters last year as well.

Perhaps I (we) are taken aback a bit because the closest thing to a homer sportswriter here is somebody not piling on with negativity and simply attempting to be objective and unbiased.

In response to JMT

in fact, those key words sound like they were suggested to the writer by someone else..for instance, it would NOT be a stretch to think that Rex Ryan personally asked this writer to write this column and future columns as the season unfolds. As we've seen, he's already like a tortured little fat rat in a sack since his big chance at glory ended, to wit Hard Knocks. Last year he was able to say things like this writer wrote in this article, because he was the "nuovo celebre",the latest flavor for the media to fawn over and quote ad nauseum. This year, with the strike keeping everybody out of the public eye, Ryan has lost his perma-press presence and thus the adulation and constant stroking he so desires.

yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if this writer is just a bought and paid NY flunky catspaw.
Wow, I hadn't thought about that. For that matter the entire article could have been ghost written by someone in the NYJ marketing department for all we know!

That seems so ridiculously far-fetched though ... but is it really, considering the way their organization has plied the media over the last thirty months?

Last edited:
I had a thought, Maybe Woody Johnson is using his secret powers as a Warlock to influence the writer.

Wait,,, maybe Woody and Rex are both Warlocks,, super power types.

Just a thought.

:rolleyes:

Wow, I hadn't thought about that. For that matter the entire article could have been ghost written by someone in the NYJ marketing department for all we know!

That seems so ridiculously far-fetched though ... but is it really, considering the way their organization has plied the media over the last thirty months?

yup..anybody would think this is outlandish and farfetched...but as we've come to see, time after time after time after time, there is a constant negative force directed at the Patriots from the NY metro area on a DAILY basis. Just LOOK at the sports columns in the Post the past two weeks...no matter who the Jets are playing, what they're doing, who they're signing, there is ALWAYS a column on the Patriots...be it a hit piece on Belichick, the ridiculous "Brady will never forget!!!!!" idiocy last week,the constant photos of Brady and Gisele that paint a negative image of some silly little carefree kid romping around the world who has no business being chief competitor of those "greatest athletes of all time coached by Mr Blood and Guts, who they'd die for and who would never WANT a player like Brady!!!!"...it IS over the top and it goes on DAY TO DAY...yeah, so what seems very unlikely , after time looks like it could very well be the reality.

Last edited:
I'd be disappointed if this were true. I would have thought Belichick and the rest of the FO would have made moves to beat the Steelers and Packers, teams that can actually get to a Super Bowl.

I had a thought, Maybe Woody Johnson is using his secret powers as a Warlock to influence the writer.

Wait,,, maybe Woody and Rex are both Warlocks,, super power types.

Just a thought.

:rolleyes:

Woody I could see..Wrecks??..Warlock??...yeah right...more like Door Locks...on every refrigerator within ten miles of the Meadowlands..lest a ten year famine ensue.....

Why is it a stretch to believe this? Many of the moves the other AFC East teams have made in recent years have been in response to the Patriots success and personnel.

It only stands to reason that if you play against a team 2-3x a year, doing well against that team is important.

Belichick is obviously trying to make the team better every year. Part of making the team better is recognizing what the other teams are doing and making sure you hav e an answer for it. I can't comprehend why this would be a foreign concept.
It is pretty damn foreign to me. What I really can't comprehend is why anyone would think we changed our pass rush personnel and philosophy to better face the Jets. Excuse me? We didn't change our pass rush facing Manning and Rothliesberger and Rivers, but now that Sanchez is in the NFL, we need to totally revamp our pass defense?

Seriously?

People are paying entirely too much attention to one of the three losses we had last year. Look at what we had as a body of work last year, where we were strong and where we were deficient, and you will see our weakness.

We needed pressure on the QB no matter what team we played.

It wasn't the Jets or anyone else in particular that caused the change. We had a weak pass rush no matter who we faced.

The writer makes fun of BB for saying, "We are trying to improve our own team and not worry about anyone else," as a denial of reality that the Jets were the cause of his personnel and defense philosopy changes. The evidence he offers to prove that BB made the changes to address the Jets is solely that the Jets beat us the last game we played. That just doesn't make sense, that because one event preceded another event, the first CAUSED the second, as in the old joke: "I washed my car and it rained. Next time my lawn needs watering I will wash my car so it will rain again."

The writer also says BB didn't need as strong a defense until he got caught cheating as a reason for the change in philosophy. he doesn't explain the lag time or the 2007 season, though.

The article read as though written by one of the rabid postesr on JetsInsider.

I am curious about something, and I hope you won't be insulted. Did you read the Post article or are you responding to the title of this thread?

Last edited:
I would not say the moves were solely for the Jets, but also for the Ravens basically to deal with the way the Patriots have loss their last two playoff games. It was important that the Patriots add some veteran leaders to the team at certain positions. BB respects Rex Ryan, but he will try to run the score up on the Jets this season.

Just out of curiosity, didn't the JESTS bring in Santonio Holmes, Darelle Revis, and a whole bunch of other people just to compete in this division?

Obviously the this writer shoudln't be throwing stones while he lives in a glass house.

Just out of curiosity, didn't the JESTS bring in Santonio Holmes, Darelle Revis, and a whole bunch of other people just to compete in this division?

Obviously the this writer shoudln't be throwing stones while he lives in a glass house.

Not Revis but yeah. Holmes, Edwards, Barking Scott, Lenoard, crying LdT, and Plaxico.

from now on, if you don't mind Mr Ninja..I'd prefer Barking Spot....as in a beagle with three brain cells that won't shut up all night that you want to take a hedge trimmer to if only there wasn't a law against it...if you don't like that one, how about Bark AtThePorcelein because every time I see him on the tube running his mouth I wanna puke...

from now on, if you don't mind Mr Ninja..I'd prefer Barking Spot....as in a beagle with three brain cells that won't shut up all night that you want to take a hedge trimmer to if only there wasn't a law against it...if you don't like that one, how about Bark AtThePorcelein because every time I see him on the tube running his mouth I wanna puke...

LOLOL.

What about Barking Chihuahua?. I can't stand those annoying tiny little rats.

yeah..like it...Pepe Scott

off topic but back in the early 70's I lived in Juarez,Mexico on a ranch...the chick I lived with, it was her place...she had like 50 of those little ba$tards running free...I'll tell you this, I NEVER saw a rat on this ranch and I lived there for a year....car would pull up, ten or fifteen of the little buggers would jump on the hood yipping and yapping...those were the days man...never to be seen again

yeah..like it...Pepe Scott

off topic but back in the early 70's I lived in Juarez,Mexico on a ranch...the chick I lived with, it was her place...she had like 50 of those little ba$tards running free...I'll tell you this, I NEVER saw a rat on this ranch and I lived there for a year....car would pull up, ten or fifteen of the little buggers would jump on the hood yipping and yapping...those were the days man...never to be seen again

Lol...did they all go "missing"? :)

This writer obviously does not understand Belichick and the Patriots even less..

The obsession by the Jets with all things Patriots continues.. they need a life.

In hebrew you have a phrase that says "כל הפוסל במומו פוסל" and in english it means: If you spot it, you got it.

If the pats were into adjust the jets Rex woudlnt challenge the league to beat us.

Last edited:
i think when you guys traded for moss, and signed adalius thomas, that was a response to losing to indy in that afccg

but what NE did this past offseason with signing some older gentlemen to low risk, high reward type deals, that's typical NE in the BB era as far as i know.

i think when you guys traded for moss, and signed adalius thomas, that was a response to losing to indy in that afccg

but what NE did this past offseason with signing some older gentlemen to low risk, high reward type deals, that's typical NE in the BB era as far as i know.
Nothing Belichick has done this off-season is different to what he's done in the past. The defining factor is with the condensed signing period (thanks to the CBA) it's all occurred at once rather than happening over a few months.

The majesty of BB's roster composition has been on display for all to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes