PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now we know how other fanbases feel...

Status
Not open for further replies.

solman

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I think the videotaping was perfectly reasonable, and I'm still pissed that we lost a 1st over it.

I want the Colts to be busted because:

1. It exposes their blatant hypocrisy.

2. I want them to lose a 1st too (which would mean waiting until 2010 before their next first round draft pick.)

Unfortunately, I expect that this will turn out to have been some sort of CBS generated artifact.

Admit it, right now your eyes have lit up, you have a huge grin on your face, and you are praying the Colts will get busted for pumping in crowd noise. You are anxiously awaiting to paint your "Asterisk" for the upcoming playoff game. Maybe for us it's a little different, since we had to bear watching to Tony Dungy, the Lord's Blessed Child, speak about the Colts Way, and all their fans (and other fans, media, etc) endlessly talk about how this is good versus evil, tainted dynasty, etc.

It's hard not to laugh when you think about how their perception might be altered in a matter of days, just as ours was. I wonder how many of their posters will remove their "asterisk" logo if they are busted.

Not at all. Pumping crowd noise into an enclosed dome (and making it 85 degrees in January) has a direct physical effect on a football game.

Videotaping coaches on a sideline (two of whom are fakes) has a very indirect effect (if any) on a game.

My only question is: Are there any written NFL rules against it?

Honestly? I don't really care. Looking forward to a break thanks to the bye week.

Not at all. Pumping crowd noise into an enclosed dome (and making it 85 degrees in January) has a direct physical effect on a football game.

Videotaping coaches on a sideline (two of whom are fakes) has a very indirect effect (if any) on a game.

My only question is: Are there any written NFL rules against it?

According to this link, the NFL sent a memo to all teams about it.

It sounds like exactly the same sort of violation levied against the Patriots.

On the contrary, I never gave a damn about the rumor of Indy pumping in noise - until Dungy put out his holier-than-thou blog and guys like Collinsworth went on the air saying that the real victims were guys like Tony Dungy who would never do something like this and are now at a disadvantage. All the outrage reeked of hypocrisy or naivete and hopefully this will expose that fact.

I agree, it's not so much the noise as it will send shockwaves through the media as they scramble to spin the story to save the Colts image.
Make no mistake about it, they will rally by the Colts side, rather than turn on them like the Patriots.

I agree, it's not so much the noise as it will send shockwaves through the media as they scramble to spin the story to save the Colts image.
Make no mistake about it, they will rally by the Colts side, rather than turn on them like the Patriots.
And in doing so will assist Belichick immensely in keeping the Pats motivated for the rest of the year.

But when all is said and done, the Colts will be remembered as the team that backed into a Superbowl against an inferior NFC opponent by beating a flu-ridden Pats team.

No asterisk, just being ignored when great superbowl teams are discussed.

On the contrary, I never gave a damn about the rumor of Indy pumping in noise - until Dungy put out his holier-than-thou blog and guys like Collinsworth went on the air saying that the real victims were guys like Tony Dungy who would never do something like this and are now at a disadvantage. All the outrage reeked of hypocrisy or naivete and hopefully this will expose that fact.

I wholeheartedly agree. Pumping in noise isn't much different than the Pats leaving the tarp off the field at Gillette. They both helped one team more than the other (muddy field = slower Colts). The only thing I want to see is the holier-than-thou types eat their words.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back