PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not all happy in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
After you watch the Sonny and Cher Show and Alias Smith and Jones, you can watch you team have a good season.

And episodes of a young James Coburn as Flint - a character who could actually communicate with dolphins.

You really should look at things before you say things like this.

During the same period of time that both teams have been in existance, the Dolphins have 21 winning seasons. The Pats have 20 winning seasons since the Dolphins were formed. The difference is that the Pats have 3 rings. The Dolphins have been living on an undefeated season for close to 40 years now.

Miami has 25 winning season in 41 years. Well Over 50% success rate.
NE has 19 winning seasons in 47 years. Well under 50% success rate.

New England has 6 less winning season and has been in the NFL 6 years longer then Miami!

In 41 years of football Miami is 388-271-4 including the playoffs.
That's 117 more overall wins then loses.

In 47 years of football NE is 369-361-9 including the playoffs.
That's 9 more overall wins then loses.

That means Miami has 108 more overall wins in 6 less seasons then the Pats in their existence. To put that into perspective, that's 6.75 more winning seasons then losing season over the Pats. and that's 6.75 seasons without a loss if the seasons were 16 weeks long.

In 6 more seasons in the NFL the Pats have 8 less playoff wins then the Dolphins 3 less division titles and no undefeated seasons and only one more SB. Miami also went to 3 SB's in a row, while winning two back to back including that undefeated season.

Basically if it weren't for the last 5 years the Pat fans would have nothing. If it weren't for the last 5 years NE would be well under the 500. mark. Like I said, the Pats have had the majority of success in the last 5 years.

In the last 20 years Miami has 2 losing seasons the Pats have 7, that's more then 3 times as many losing season over the same stretch.

As I said above Miami is a far more successful franchise from year 1 to date then NE....by far, it will take years just for the Pats to draw even with Miami in the wins and losses and it will probably not happen in any of our lifetimes.

Last edited:

New England has 6 less winning season and has been in the NFL 6 years longer then Miami!

That means Miami has 108 more overall wins in 6 less seasons then the Pats in their existence. To put that into perspective, that's 6.75 more winning seasons then losing season over the Pats. and that's 6.75 seasons without a loss if the seasons were 16 weeks long.

In 6 more seasons in the NFL the Pats have 8 less playoff wins then the Dolphins 3 less division titles and no undefeated seasons and only one more SB. Miami also went to 3 SB's in a row, while winning two back to back including that undefeated season.

Basically if it weren't for the last 5 years the Pat fans would have nothing. If it weren't for the last 5 years NE would be well under the 500. mark. Like I said, the Pats have had the majority of success in the last 5 years.

Guess what? The past 5 years is more relevant than 30 years ago. Continue to live in the past a compare teams of today with the stats of yesterday. Whatever makes you feel better.

Hmmmm, what Defenses would that be? The one that gave up 21 points to Joey Harrington or the one that gave up a record comeback to the Colts in the AFC Championship game???

How about the D that set a franchise record for least amount of points allowed for an entire season.

I love how you tailor arguments to fit your purpose.

BTW, you're dumb. You just slammed your own team.

Last edited:
"If it werent' for the past five years, NE would........" Ok, you want to play that game, "If it weren't for 1971 to 1975, the Dolphins would..........." During that time, the Doofins went to three Super Bowls and won two (one of which was during their perfect season, perhaps you have heard of it?).

Aside from that run, they have been to two other Super Bowls (in the early 1980's) and lost both and haven't had a whiff of the Super Bowl in over twenty three years, ie, basically your lifetime as I am guessing you are twenty something (you had better be for your sake dude).

Don't know about you, but regular season wins mean squat to me, it's all about the rings. Twist things around whichever way you want to if it helps you sleep better at night..............

The Dolphins have been successful for almost their entire existence, yet you don't recognize that. Sure Miami has had a couple of bad seasons the in the last decade, but to listen to Pat fans Miami is the worst team in football. Miami has less losing seasons then any team in the division in the the last 25 years and it's not even close.

This dude is clearly living in the past.

"If it werent' for the past five years, NE would........" Ok, you want to play that game, ..

Well since you can't see what's right in front of you I'll help you out, Miami's numbers aren't from just the 70's. They are from the 70's, 80's, 90's and 00 to present. Miami isn't 117 games above 500. because of the early 70's.

Guess what? The past 5 years is more relevant than 30 years ago. Continue to live in the past a compare teams of today with the stats of yesterday. Whatever makes you feel better.

Hate to break it to you whinny, but your last SB victory was in the past. Your 21-0 loss to the Dolphins in 06 was in the past. The past is the past, can anyone take those SB's away from the Pats? No, so they don't lose their luster, it is and always will be, be it last year or 50 years ago. A SB win is a SB win, it goes into the record books and stays there.

Last edited:
Don't feed the TROLLS!!!!!

It's like I said (you ingored what I said, so I'll say it again); rings are all that matters in my book, we have three, you have two and haven't had one since Christ was in a crib, I could care less how many total wins your Doofins have.

Your team has zero chance of getting to the Super Bowl anytime soon. If your team finishes above 500, you'll be a happy boy, if the Patriots don't get to and win the Super Bowl, it will mean squat to me.

I hope that is clear to you; if not, I'll explain it again for the 47th time.........

It's like I said (you ingored what I said, so I'll say it again); rings are all that matters in my book, we have three, you have two and haven't had one since Christ was in a crib, I could care less how many total wins your Doofins have.

Your team has zero chance of getting to the Super Bowl anytime soon. If your team finishes above 500, you'll be a happy boy, if the Patriots don't get to and win the Super Bowl, it will mean squat to me.

I hope that is clear to you; if not, I'll explain it again for the 47th time.........

I'll take 2 rings and and something no team in the history of the NFL can boast but Miami in a perfect season, so how can I say 47 times......that's something your team will never do, forget about anytime soon!

The Dolphins have been successful for almost their entire existence, yet you don't recognize that. Sure Miami has had a couple of bad seasons the in the last decade, but to listen to Pat fans Miami is the worst team in football. Miami has less losing seasons then any team in the division in the the last 25 years and it's not even close.

You don't know WTF I recognize and I don't moron. So, just STFU already. You've proven yourself to be an ignorant arse who is pathetic in all his attempts to deal with reality.

OH, and, btw, Miami IS the 2nd worst team in football, right now, behind the Raiders. And its not even close.

And, btw, you phin fans were always the ones crapping on the Patriots prior to 2001. Hell, even after the SB, too many Phin fans refused to give the Patriots their due. So, STFU in that regard as well.

You really should look at things before you say things like this.

During the same period of time that both teams have been in existance, the Dolphins have 21 winning seasons. The Pats have 20 winning seasons since the Dolphins were formed. The difference is that the Pats have 3 rings. The Dolphins have been living on an undefeated season for close to 40 years now.

F&G - No offense, but you should really follow your own advice. Miami has had 28 winning seasons in their franchise history.

What a lot of silliness going back and forth.

Miami has had a great history as an NFL franchise. Don Shula led them to great heights and aside from the last 5-10 years, have generally had good years.

The Pats history hasn't been as good over the long haul, but they've been dominating over the last five years. They currently have arguably the greatest coach in NFL history. Their owner and management arguably is the best in the football today.

Historically, Miami likely holds the edge, but bragging rights of late have been dominated by the Patriots.

Arguing over the past is rather silly and no side can claim undisputable victory.

It would be more appropriate to discuss the better team for the upcoming season. I don't think there is much doubt at this stage which team that might be! :p

Ok, glad we are clear now.

You'll take a crappy team in the present for your two Super Bowl wins from the 1970's and your undefeated season (all of which happened before you were born, so you have no memory of any of it; like I said, I hope for you sake you are twenty something) and I'll take the run the Patriots have been on since 2001 and will continue on this year and beyond.

We are done, have a nice season.

Miami has had 28 winning seasons in their 41 year history. The Pats have had 26 in their 47. 26 is MORE than 50% of 47,moron.

No moron. Miami has only had 2 more winning seasons than the Patriots. It helps if you actually used correct information.

WOW. You really know how to do addition and subtraction... 388-369 = 108 everyone. Last time I did math, it was 19.

The Patriots have played 76 more games than Miami. And, yes, the Pats have 90 more losses.

You don't add the differences and claim that its total win difference. Not when the Pats have played in 76 more games. And you can't assume that Miami would win EVERY SINGLE ONE of those 76 games.

All you can say is that Miami has won 19 more games while playing in 76 fewer games. You can't say anything else.

The Pats have a 19-12 record. Miami has a 20-19 record. Miami has played in 8 more games, but they only have 1 more win.

The Patriots won 2 SBs back to back and put up a league record 21 game winning streak, and 18 game regular season winning streak. Which, everyone has said is more impressive that the undefeated season, particularly because of the salary cap.

In the last 20 years Miami has 2 losing seasons the Pats have 7, that's more then 3 times as many losing season over the same stretch.

As I said above Miami is a far more successful franchise from year 1 to date then NE....by far, it will take years just for the Pats to draw even with Miami in the wins and losses and it will probably not happen in any of our lifetimes.

All your other BLATHER is worthless, especially since you can add or subtract to save your life.

Hell, your team hasn't even been to the SB since you were born. Yet, the Pats have been 5 times since I was born.

I'll take 2 rings and and something no team in the history of the NFL can boast but Miami in a perfect season, so how can I say 47 times......that's something your team will never do, forget about anytime soon!

How do you know the Pats will never be perfect in a season? Are you a fortune teller now? Should I call you MISS CLEO? Listen, you've been shown to be a moron and an idiot. You use incorrect information and make idiotic claims that just aren't supported by the facts.

Like your idiotic claim that Miami, because they've played in 7 more play-off games than the Patriots have the equivalent of 8 more wins. NO. They don't. Miami has all of 1 more win than the Patriots while playing in 8 more games.

Pats play-offs record 19-12 = .619 winning %
Miami play-offs record 20-19 = .513 winning %

Let's recap.

Let's admit the Patriots used to suck but now they are good.

And the Dolphins used to be good, but now they suck.

The Dolphins had a lot of winning seasons a long time ago, but not lately.

The Patriots had five losing seasons in a row between 1989 and 1993, but they are the best team in football so far this millenium.

Speaking only to this millenium (2001 to now):

The Dolphins are 49-47, with no division titles, and one playoff appearance, which they lost, 20-3.

The Patriots are 70-26, with 5 divisin titles, and 14 playoff games, of which they won 12, including three superbowls.

And I'm sure the Dolphins will be good again, now that they have a decent QB, having traded for AJ Feeley....err, Dante Culpepper...errr, Trent Green....err, well...they'll get better one of these days. Plus, they drafted the top returner in the league. Offense wins games, kick returners win championships, right?

WOW,FTP You just got your clock cleaned,polished,and reset by DaBruinz. And if his figures are right and I'm sure they are, your even dumber than I thought. And being dumber than a sack of doorknobs is well....pretty dumb.BYE

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft