PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not all happy in Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up next: Sparta vs. Persia - Which was the better team in 480 BC.

In 480 BC eh? Well, I take it you're referring to the battle of Thermopylae. In which case, despite the heroic and legendary stand of the Spartans, they ultimately lost the battle, and it wasn't until a year later that the invading Persians were repelled. The Athenian navy had as much to do with this as the Spartan army.

Now, I understand given today's political climate that Sparta seems a better choice than Persia, but I think it's worth mentioning Sparta relied heavily on slavery. The Achaemenid era of the Persian empire on the other hand, given that their de facto state religion was Zarathustrian, prohibited slavery. You'll note such references of this in the Bible where Cyrus the Great, upon conquoring the Babylonians, frees the enslaved Jews and implores them to return to Jerusalem to build a great temple to honor their god. In Athenian literature like Aristotle's The Politics, an equal bias and disdain exists against both the Spartans and the Persians while other Athenians like Xenophon enlisted and fought for both the Persians and Spartans. And in terms of physical pigmentation or physiognomy, I suspect a great deal of the Spartans would pass for Persians and vice versa. Andre Agassi could pass as a Greek, no?

IOW, an action movie is just that and nothing more.

I'm not Persian by the way.

Of course it was Sparta when the Patriotites led by Billiuos Belichikium The Great defeated the Persian Dolfinijiks under the command of Cameron The Bum. The Patriotites went on to win the coveted Bronze Lombardicum as Tomus Bradicus passed for 329 stones far surpassing the meager attempt of 124 pebbles by Trentyam Greengoosh. After the game The Bum was overheard saying that next year at Persepolis things would be different. When told of this Belichikium called the Dolfinijiks a bunch of pansy mutus.

A classic post!!!:D

Attachments

• -_MAO_[1].jpg
    -_MAO_[1].jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 92
Just curious, what league am I in? HAHA!

I still don't see your argument that shows me how the Bucs, Lions, Vikings, Packers, Giants, Redskins, Chiefs, Texans, Titans, Browns and Bills are better then the Fins. The reason I list these teams is because they are the knows that the Fins are better then as a fact. Other's can be debated, but IMO there are several others.

Apparently MVP voters over hype him as well. I guess his MVP award, 13.5 sacks 9 forced fumbles, 2 INTs and 2 TDs don't mean anything though. More ludacris words spewing out of your mouth.

Jason Taylor doesn't have an MVP award. He has a best defensive player award. They are DIFFERENT.

As I said, your opinion is worthless and your a friggin reject who wasn't even a sperm in his daddy's pants when his team last went to a SB, never mind won one.

BTW, what you claim as FACT is your worthless opinion. Your OPINION doesn't make it fact.

I love how you paint with a broad brush there Feelthepain, judging me and calling me a bandwagon fan when you know jack about me.

For the record, I went to my first Patriots game in 1969 vs the Oilers at Fenway park, a game the Patriots lost 14-0. I had the pleasure of seeing the Patriots stomp your Doofins into the ground in the 1985 Championship game at that toilet of a stadium called The Orange Bowl, I've still got the ticket stub to prove it. A game by the way from which your team has yet to recover; the Patriots have been to five AFC Championship games since while your team has been to a grand total of zero.

I had season tickets from 1986 through 1992, then again from 1995 through 1998.

Been a fan for close to forty years; as Da Bruinz pointed out, I've seen the good, the bad and the ugly during that time.

So much for your bandwagon cheap shot you clambrain.

Jason Taylor was an MVP huh Aqua; considering how much of a football genius you make yourself out to be, that is a major error on your part. Keep it up and ESPN, ABC, CBS, Spice, will never hire you.

And Warren94, you don't have a dog in this fight and have thrown two cheap shots so far, so why don't you run along and go ramble in another thread ok there sport............

Last edited:
two cheaps shots. What I stated that foul language is not proper to get your point across and this thread was about trent green not grasping the offense not which team was better.

They were not meant to be cheapshots, but if your ego is fragile so be it.

Any discussion with Dolphin fans usually involves foul language, SOP. And since you in fact where the one who started the thread and as you correctly pointed out, it has gone way off topic, my bad, you do have a dog in this fight.

I retract my statemate.............

no worries. I agree with all of you guys (you and dabruinz) fins have a good D, but the O forget about it.

ps just got a puppy

:)

Apparently MVP voters over hype him as well. I guess his MVP award, 13.5 sacks 9 forced fumbles, 2 INTs and 2 TDs don't mean anything though. More ludacris words spewing out of your mouth.
Did I miss something? Jason Taylor was MVP?

Yeah, according to the aspiring journalist himself, aka, Aqua..................check your facts before you write clambrain, lesson one, day one, journalism 101............

if it bleeds it leads... no wait that's television journalism

aqua staying underwater too much. come up for air.

Jason Taylor doesn't have an MVP award. He has a best defensive player award. They are DIFFERENT.

As I said, your opinion is worthless and your a friggin reject who wasn't even a sperm in his daddy's pants when his team last went to a SB, never mind won one.

BTW, what you claim as FACT is your worthless opinion. Your OPINION doesn't make it fact.

So it was only my opinion that Taylor was defensive MVP, recorded 13.5 sacks, forced 9 fumbles and intercepted 2 passes and returned both for TDs? Hmm.. I could've sworn that was something elias decided on, not Aqua. You're not very smart.

So it was only my opinion that Taylor was defensive MVP, recorded 13.5 sacks, forced 9 fumbles and intercepted 2 passes and returned both for TDs? Hmm.. I could've sworn that was something elias decided on, not Aqua. You're not very smart.
1. You said he won the MVP award last year, and it was Tomlinson, not Taylor.

2. You may swear that Elias decided on it, but you are wrong. Elias keeps stats, they do not decide the MVP.

3. Taylor was never MVP. Ever.

EDIT:
4. You are a behaving like a donkey. It is one thing to be wrong. It is something else, when you are wrong, to ridicule the people who are right. Just fess up like a man, and say, "I was wrong. Taylor was never MVP." And then make good on the bet you made and lost.

Last edited:
You are a behaving like a donkey. It is one thing to be wrong. It is something else, when you are wrong, to ridicule the people who are right. Just fess up like a man, and say, "I was wrong. Taylor was never MVP." And then make good on the bet you made and lost.

That's something that WaterBoy is incapable of doing.

Lets get some facts straight.
1) You claimed that Taylor was an MVP. NOT a defensive MVP. An MVP.
2) My reference on your opinion being worthless dealt with the following:
Aquadumbarse4ever said:
I still don't see your argument that shows me how the Bucs, Lions, Vikings, Packers, Giants, Redskins, Chiefs, Texans, Titans, Browns and Bills are better then the Fins. The reason I list these teams is because they are the knows that the Fins are better then as a fact. Other's can be debated, but IMO there are several others.

That is NOT fact. That is your opinion.

3) You can claim I am not smart all you want, but its not fact. What is fact is that you are a liar and a welcher.

Aqua=owned by DaBruinz and spacecrime.

Aqua coming clean and saying he is wrong; there is a better chance that the Doofins go 16-0 this year.............

HAHA! So in baseball if I called A-Rod the MVP I would be wrong becuase there was a National League MVP too? Just because I left off the lable of defensive means squat. Jeez you guys know how to read between the lines and nit pick like little kids. Grow up!

HAHA! So in baseball if I called A-Rod the MVP I would be wrong becuase there was a National League MVP too? Just because I left off the lable of defensive means squat. Jeez you guys know how to read between the lines and nit pick like little kids. Grow up![/QUOTE

Thoses wearn't corn flakes your mom gave you for breakfast. They were lead paint chips And it shows. Read between what lines? Taylor is not the MVP of the NFL. Do you understand. He was the defencive MVP. Thats not the same as LEAUGE MVP, which is the best player in the N....F....L. Taylor is not the best player in the N....F....L.

Last edited:
HAHA! So in baseball if I called A-Rod the MVP I would be wrong becuase there was a National League MVP too? Just because I left off the lable of defensive means squat. Jeez you guys know how to read between the lines and nit pick like little kids. Grow up![/QUOTE

Thoses wearn't corn flakes your mom gave you for breakfast. They were lead paint chips And it shows. Read between what lines? Taylor is not the MVP of the NFL. Do you understand. He was the defencive MVP. Thats not the same as LEAUGE MVP, which is the best player in the N....F....L. Taylor is not the best player in the N....F....L.

I said MVP. How often are defensive players considered in league MVP votings? When referring to a defensive player as an MVP, someone that had an IQ simialr to that of a brocolli could figure that together.

Aqua is living in the past glory days

Taylor WAS a good defensive player will be average at best in 2007
Taylor WAS the best Dolphins player in the past few years...best now will be RB Brown
Taylor WILL not be as good this year and is another year older
Taylor has been beating down his own teams decisions this year and will retire in 2008
Taylor WILL NOT win the league's best defensive player this year,That will go to either Shawn Merrimen or Brian Urlacher

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back