PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

No one here in SD thinks the Chargers have a hope

Status
Not open for further replies.
15.2% of those polled should be shot for tragic stupidity.
I didn't think Norv had that many family & friends in the country to get 15.2%! He must have been the popular boozer at some frat house 'toga' parties or something: (there's Norv in his toga going = "Toga! Toga! TOGA!!!!)

the results are funny!

Yea right! I'm a Charger fan living in SD and I believe the Chargers will win this game. Everyone I know believes the same.

And nobody you knew voted for Nixon....

If I'm thinking about this objectively, then what's wrong with Chargers fans being happy with their season...I think a realistic fan would be hopeful that the team win the game, but not terribly optomistic because, quite frankly, the Patriots are just a better team.

I actually do liken it to the Pats in 2001-2002, for no other reason than the fact that no one is giving the Chargers a chance in this game. And as a realistic Patriots fan leading up to the Super Bowl, I was hopeful the team would win but worried because the Rams were the better team (and that year, quite honestly, the Rams had more talent on the field, they just had a terrible game plan).

I think it's actually worse to be an arrogant Patriots fan leading up to this game. Yeah, the Patriots are the better team--some would say by a large margin, especially with a hobbled LdT, Gates and Rivers--but the better team doesn't always win the game. I would rather be the type of fan that can admit that while they have more talent, anything can happen on game day. Do I think the Pats will win the game? Absolutely. Am I going to talk as though it's a foregone conclusion? No friggin way.

How is our 01 season and this Charger season even remotely similar? :confused:

Maybe he's referring to the 5-5 starts, but then the comparison falls apart a little bit for me...

If I'm thinking about this objectively, then what's wrong with Chargers fans being happy with their season...I think a realistic fan would be hopeful that the team win the game, but not terribly optomistic because, quite frankly, the Patriots are just a better team.

I actually do liken it to the Pats in 2001-2002, for no other reason than the fact that no one is giving the Chargers a chance in this game. And as a realistic Patriots fan leading up to the Super Bowl, I was hopeful the team would win but worried because the Rams were the better team (and that year, quite honestly, the Rams had more talent on the field, they just had a terrible game plan).

I think it's actually worse to be an arrogant Patriots fan leading up to this game. Yeah, the Patriots are the better team--some would say by a large margin, especially with a hobbled LdT, Gates and Rivers--but the better team doesn't always win the game. I would rather be the type of fan that can admit that while they have more talent, anything can happen on game day. Do I think the Pats will win the game? Absolutely. Am I going to talk as though it's a foregone conclusion? No friggin way.

The way that the Patriots have won games that they were supposed to lose and (until this season) were not known for blowing out opponents, have lead to a group of Patriots fans that haven't been able to enjoy their dynasty like Cowboy and 49er fans were able to enjoy theirs. Name the playoff opponent and I am sure the Patriots weren't favored by analysts. Maybe the Raiders in 2002, but definitely not the Steelers or Rams. Then there was McNairs' Titans and Peyton's Colts, both were MVPs, and yet the Pats still beat them on the way to the Super Bowl.

After this season, I think Pats fans can finally be a bit arrogant. I know it isn't all that natural for us because we needed to have a guarded ego, but this year they were blowing out teams and went undefeated. I think the rest of fan nation should be happy that this happened to the Patriots. If it were the Cowboys, Broncos, etc, than you would have a ton of obnoxious fans running around.

We aren't all that bad are we?

The way that the Patriots have won games that they were supposed to lose and (until this season) were not known for blowing out opponents, have lead to a group of Patriots fans that haven't been able to enjoy their dynasty like Cowboy and 49er fans were able to enjoy theirs. Name the playoff opponent and I am sure the Patriots weren't favored by analysts. Maybe the Raiders in 2002, but definitely not the Steelers or Rams. Then there was McNairs' Titans and Peyton's Colts, both were MVPs, and yet the Pats still beat them on the way to the Super Bowl.

After this season, I think Pats fans can finally be a bit arrogant. I know it isn't all that natural for us because we needed to have a guarded ego, but this year they were blowing out teams and went undefeated. I think the rest of fan nation should be happy that this happened to the Patriots. If it were the Cowboys, Broncos, etc, than you would have a ton of obnoxious fans running around.

We aren't all that bad are we?

But arrogant is exactly what I DON'T want this fan base to become (if it hasn't already). Most of my friends in Boston are actually fans of other teams (mostly the Bills) and they HATE the Patriots because they have to deal with the arrogance of fans all the time. I'm also a Red Sox fan, and my hatred toward the Yankees has always been much more than on-field results, it was because their fans were arrogant and obnoxious, they felt entitled to championships simply because they spent the most money and had the best team 'on paper'. I would hate to think that's happened with the fans of the Patriots, but unfortunately I think it already has to a large degree. I'm all for ****-talking with other fans, but when it becomes a sense of entitlement and arrogance, you can count me out.

I made the mistake of listening to 10 minutes of SD radio this morning (I live 4 hours away) and I need to avoid that the rest of the week. I can't take anymore "shock the world" talk.

And whats wrong with that? Haven't you Patriot fans complained about not get any respect for a long time? Yeah, you have earned it but the Chargers have earned playing in this game too. Look at how this team came back from adversity and injuries to win a game no one gave them a chance to win. I'm sure you Patriot fans can relate to the feeling. Even if the Chargers lose this weekend, I can hold my head high. Here is hoping to a good game.

And whats wrong with that? Haven't you Patriot fans complained about not get any respect for a long time? Yeah, you have earned it but the Chargers have earned playing in this game too. Look at how this team came back from adversity and injuries to win a game no one gave them a chance to win. I'm sure you Patriot fans can relate to the feeling. Even if the Chargers lose this weekend, I can hold my head high. Here is hoping to a good game.

Don't worry pal. Our headcoach has already told the world that the Chargers are a dangerous team. Your team will get NOTHING BUT RESPECT FROM THE PATRIOTS. On the other hand, us fans have a different opinion.

Last edited:
Don't worry pal. Our headcoach has already told the world that the Chargers are a dangerous team. Your team will get NOTHING BUT RESPECT FROM THE PATRIOTS. On the other hand, us fans have a different opinion.

Well, we'll see after the game if we 'gain your respect'. Not that it matters to us fans, of course.

According to the title of this thread, there must be some smart people in SD after all (hahaha), just kidding. believe the Bolts will keep it close thru the middle of the 2nd qtr, but the cream will rise to the top and the final score will be pretty lop-sided.

Given some of the Chargers fans level of of unrealistic belief that they have a shot this Sunday you would think they were on a 7 game winning streak or had just beaten the defending world champions on the road. Or something like that.

Very well said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back