PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Nick Folk re-signing with Patriots

He deserves some kind of job security with with way he has performed two years in a row.

Meh, at 37 going on 38 he's due for a drop off like Ghost had. Probably ends up with a FG% of 85%.

I hope they have a younger back-up ready.

Not quite a huge fan of this. I would like to develop Nordin more. I think he has the type of strong leg to be a weapon.

He's also got serious accuracy issues. That's something that might get resolved but I'd take consistent accuracy but mediocre power over a big leg but streaky accuracy any day of the week.

as long as he doesnt try to kick any 56 yard fgs, im ok with this

Not quite a huge fan of this. I would like to develop Nordin more. I think he has the type of strong leg to be a weapon.
I think everyone would like to see Nordin develop. The question is whether he's even capable of developing any kind of accuracy or consistency, which he's literally never had in his career.

I think everyone would like to see Nordin develop. The question is whether he's even capable of developing any kind of accuracy or consistency, which he's literally never had in his career.

Yeah, it's one thing to hope Nordin is the long term answer, but not having a contingency plan in place for a kid with his (to this point) reputation would be a mistake. And you won't find a better veteran option for this team than Folk.

To also not develop a new guy with some talent (remember Vinatieri was a 24 year old rookie who only made 77% of his kicks and 93% of his XPs) is foolish when your current guy is 38.

Smart move.

Folk is easily a top 10 Kicker. Perfect from 20 - 49 yards and still a 62% Kicker over 50 yards.

Yep; this is probably Bill’s best re-signing so far; a dam sight better than the McCourty & Slater deals at least.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back