PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLPA calls to go back to grass playing surface.

Its crossed my mind that someday we may find out that the tiny black turf pebbles are toxic.

You see them sticking to players and forced up in the air sometimes.

NFLPA should also be calling for QBs to go first read on designed cut-block, quick slants.

This will never happen, the NFLPA is taking this opportunity to try and prove to the players that they have their backs and that they aren’t the weakest union in sports.

It will happen in the stadiums that will be hosting World Cup matches in 2026 such as Gillette stadium. The question is will the owners rip up the grass and lay turf down again after the World Cup.

Turf is really bad for players and I much prefer watching players rolling around in mud, but the reason owners use turf is simply greed. With turf, the owners can cram in a lot of events on the same field.

Natural Grass is the best yes to go we see too many freak injuries on turf fields.
Getting the owners to agree will be a massive challenge.

Of course all playing fields should be made from Mother Nature; but the league will never, Ever make the switch because Chicks Dig the Long Ball dontcha know...

"Player Safety" is a Lie.

it will never happen. But it should. Turf has no place in sports, period. When my kids play on fake grass I say a few Our Fathers and Hail Mary's that they don't come down w a destroyed knee.
Back to the owners - they will never, ever, ever agree to to going all natural grass because there are some owners who want to squeeze every last penny out of their stadium - a certain owner down on Route One North - but, that is their right and you can't blame them for trying to turn their stadiums (stadia?) into cash cows. These owners want non-stop revenue and they can more easily churn out the cash with a turf stadium - concerts, monster truck shows, a full season of soccer games, international soccer games, etc., turf doesn't get destroyed, turf doesn't need replacing, patching, etc. Less $ out of guys like Krafty Bob's pockets.
And mind you, most teams in the NFL don't own their stadiums - I think only Krafty Bob, the Redskins, and one or two others actually own the stadium. All of the others are owned by some state or local government or a quasi-public agency - and we all know government is a beast that must be fed to quench its insatiable desire to spend money. Turf vs grass is about equal throughout the league. One thing is true, the government bodies that own Heinz Field, Arrowhead Stadium, and Soldier Field put very little into the upkeep of the grass because those fields look like sh#t come November.
But making as much $ as possible from these stadiums is the goal, player safety be damned...

Turf is really bad for players and I much prefer watching players rolling around in mud, but the reason owners use turf is simply greed. With turf, the owners can cram in a lot of events on the same field.

Winner.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back