PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFLN:Best Team in the AFC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now Greenie is trying to recap the teams NE has beaten to downplay their record - please, please media clowns, please keep downplaying the Patriots. :rocker:

Greenie is a self-professed Jets homer. Who really cares what the guy thinks? I will give the guy credit though that he at least admits he is a Jets homer. Most in the media never admit to their biases.

Last edited:
This morning on Sirius NFL Radio, Ross Tucker said "Has there ever been a worse 6-1 team than the Patriots." Too bad, I really like Ross too.

He did go on to say that this team is remarkable in that they don't make costly mistakes and that BB is doing his best coaching job ever. He also couldn't believe that 4 of our starting 11 on D were rookies and that more than half the D is a first year starter.

Pretty incredible.

If we had a coach like Rex Ryan shouting about how great we were and played the way we did vs having BB saying little to nothing other than good game we will look to the next game. Brady was shouting off then these guy would put us top but we will just go on playing how we are winning games. However don't believe for a second that other HC's are watching film and thinking this is a poor D and a O who can do very little.

The fact that they think the secondary is bad just shows that they aren't paying attention. Chung and McCourty would start for most of the teams in the league. The other guys are better than average for the most part. Its just ignorance to say otherwise.

I can understand that people are skeptical, especially considering the third down performance of this defense.

However, you are what you are, and the Pats are 6-1, in first place. To deny that overall they are playing well is just idiotic.

I can't help but love Deion. The man is very smart and full of energy. Irvin is a joke.

Peter King has Pats at the top.

An interesting note going down the list: He has KC (5-2) at #12 and says

Yet he has Baltimore (also 5-2) at number 3. IIRC, the Raven also had to wait for OT to beat Buffalo. And they only got that far because the refs were slow to blow the whistle on forward progress, leading to a fumble.

Wade Phillips should be fired; Donovan McNabb's time up with Redskins? - Peter King - SI.com
Everyone keeps talking about Buffalo like they're the easiest team to beat in the NFL. It's amazing how little the professionals pay attention to what's actually going on. The Bills really aren't a bad team at all. If they were in another division, like the NFC West, they'd actually be competitive.

Consider the source.

Deion Sanders and Michael Irvin are two huge 'look at me' guys

From the time they were in middle school - which is probably the last time either one of them was actually, physically inside a classroom - it was all about them. Their teams won in spite of them, not because of them.

Huh!? I think Irvin is a dope, but I love watching Deion on TV. Very entertaining.

But to suggest that their teams won *in spite of* them....wow. Way, way off the mark. Both guys are hall of famers. You win "in spite of" guys who stink, not hall of famers. Deion is one of the greatest cover corners in the history of the sport, and he impacted how his teams schemed...that's how talented (and productive) he was at CB. Plus he was a dynamic kick returner.

I don't like Irvin at all, but he was also a very good WR. He very much helped the Cowboys win Super Bowl titles.

Don't let your accurate statement about their broadcast skills affect your view of their football ability, which was phenomenal.

This morning on Sirius NFL Radio, Ross Tucker said "Has there ever been a worse 6-1 team than the Patriots." Too bad, I really like Ross too.

He did go on to say that this team is remarkable in that they don't make costly mistakes and that BB is doing his best coaching job ever. He also couldn't believe that 4 of our starting 11 on D were rookies and that more than half the D is a first year starter.

Pretty incredible.

I spent an hour listening to the NFL Radio today with Papa and Schotty and all they wanted to talk about was Dallas. Maybe they got sick of talking about the vikings all week?

I can't help but love Deion. The man is very smart and full of energy. Irvin is a joke.

Deion defined shutdown corner. Growing up in the 90's he changed the culture of football especially playing it as a kid the same way moss did. Irvin was "the playmaker" but he says alot of ridiculous bullshyt.

But their teams didn't win in "spite of them" like somebody said. They were great players but they are me guys and this isn't a me team or philosophy not hard to see why they wouldn't be on board.

Huh!? I think Irvin is a dope, but I love watching Deion on TV. Very entertaining.

But to suggest that their teams won *in spite of* them....wow. Way, way off the mark. Both guys are hall of famers. You win "in spite of" guys who stink, not hall of famers. Deion is one of the greatest cover corners in the history of the sport, and he impacted how his teams schemed...that's how talented (and productive) he was at CB. Plus he was a dynamic kick returner.

I don't like Irvin at all, but he was also a very good WR. He very much helped the Cowboys win Super Bowl titles.

Don't let your accurate statement about their broadcast skills affect your view of their football ability, which was phenomenal.

This.
(1o chars)

Greenie is a self-professed Jets homer. Who really cares what the guy thinks? I will give the guy credit though that he at least admits he is a Jets homer. Most in the media never admit to their biases.

Did he really do this?

What's so bad about the Ravens, Chargers, Vikings, Dolphins?

These aren't bad teams necessarily. The Vikings looked better against Green Bay than the Jets did.

6-1, best record in the NFL.

Wins over Miami (on the road), Baltimore, San Diego (on the road), and Minnesota in successive weeks.

No more road/2nd half woes that plagued them last year.

Good, solid defense that isn't giving up the big play.

Solid offense that's putting together great drives at important times.

The highest potential for even more improvement considering the new look of the offense & the young guys on defense.

I'd say they're the best team in the AFC, RIGHT NOW, without a doubt. Obviously that could change. But at this moment in time, they are the best in the AFC, and the NFL for that matter. Let's hope it continues. It's been a really fun season so far.

They are the best team in the NFL right now, based on their record and my personal opionion :rolleyes:.

I don't care what the media says, they all have their own agendas that most times do not agreed with the mine, or with reality for that matter. :eek:

This team is starting to look like the '04 team, where no one respected our secondary. Anyone remember how badly the Colts were going to dismantle us in the playoffs according to the media? :p

Everyone keeps talking about Buffalo like they're the easiest team to beat in the NFL. It's amazing how little the professionals pay attention to what's actually going on. The Bills really aren't a bad team at all. If they were in another division, like the NFC West, they'd actually be competitive.

The Bills draft a bunch of prideful guys, but I actually o believe they are the least talented team in the NFL. They draft football players, so does Belichick, but Belichick doesn't whiff on talents.

CJ Spiller
Aaron Maybin
Leodis McKelvin
James Hardy
Marshawn Lynch
Donte Whitner (over Haloti Ngata at #8)
John McCargo
Lee Evans
JP Losman
Willis McGahee
Mike Williams (at #4)
Josh Reed

These are the players they've taken in the top 40 since 2002.

That's the biggest draft disaster in the NFL.

Pretty incredible.

who is this 4th rookie starter???

spikes, cunningham, mccourty and who? are we talking about deadrick? is he a starter now? if so what position RDE?

who is this 4th rookie starter???

spikes, cunningham, mccourty and who? are we talking about deadrick? is he a starter now? if so what position RDE?

The last two games, Deadrick has started at DE. Hard to believe, but true.

I'm not sure why we care if others think that we are not yet better than two teams that we have not yet beaten.

exactly. Pats have colts/steelers/jets all left on the schedule so arguing about it or even engaging in the conversation is a moot point.

I will say, records aside, Pats need to stay out of Pitt in the playoffs. I think in the past, BB could win out there in the AFCCG because he had vets but this would be different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes