PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL worried about PSI in Vikings-Seahawks game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm with Bruce Allen...NFL is holding onto their "results". I think until after the Pats/KC game. Pats win and some along the lines of "All balls in Minn were within acceptable limits" will leak late Sunday night. Then we get a week of how evil New England is and how Peyton will conquer the cheaters from up North.

Hey, does anyone remember that E!SPN hitpiece from the beginning of the season? The authors tweeted they had more 'verified' Pats cheating proof and were going to publish a follow up article. Seems like these would be the perfect couple of weeks to do that, nice big distraction.

I didn't forget that claim by the hit piece. I've been anticipating them dropping something else all season, and it makes perfect sense now for it to be coming soon. I'm more worried about that than he 'leaked' PSI results to be honest. Enough national people like Florio will call BS on the NFL if they simply make a vague statement that the balls were all ok because we know scientifically that they are either lying or that they measured them under different circumstances. The hit piece on the other hand could be literally anything.

Enough national people like Florio will call BS on the NFL if they simply make a vague statement that the balls were all ok because we know scientifically that they are either lying or that they measured them under different circumstances.

I have to give the NFL credit for how they came up with their testing protocol. It simultaneously accomplishes four things:
  1. It actually does detect if the balls have been tampered with.
  2. It guarantees that no evidence will never be collected that would exonerate NE.
  3. It saves the NFL from having to (further) lie about physical reality.
  4. It does away with any need for temperature conversion tables, etc.
And it's actually rather elegant. You measure the balls while they are inside. Then you use the balls in the game. Then you take the balls out of the game and put them back inside and let them come to equilibrium. Then you measure them again.
  1. If there was no tampering the balls will measure (within error margins) what they measured pre-game. If there was tampering the balls will be off one way or the other.
  2. Since the balls balls are measured before and after at indoor equilibrium they will never measure anything other than the legal values unless they were screwed with.
  3. NFL never has to try to claim that balls during a cold game were not low because the NFL will only be talking about indoor measurements.
  4. Because the before and after measurements are done at the same temperature there is no need for any calculations.

I have to give the NFL credit for how they came up with their testing protocol. It simultaneously accomplishes four things:
  2. It guarantees that no evidence will never be collected that would exonerate NE.
And it's actually rather elegant. You measure the balls while they are inside. Then you use the balls in the game. Then you take the balls out of the game and put them back inside and let them come to equilibrium. Then you measure them again.
  1. If there was no tampering the balls will measure (within error margins) what they measured pre-game. If there was tampering the balls will be off one way or the other.
  2. Since the balls balls are measured before and after at indoor equilibrium they will never measure anything other than the legal values unless they were screwed with.
  3. NFL never has to try to claim that balls during a cold game were not low because the NFL will only be talking about indoor measurements.
  4. Because the before and after measurements are done at the same temperature there is no need for any calculations.

The NFL is too incompetent to pull this off without a hitch. They will screw it up in some way, whether its by messing up the process itself or by running their mouths too much and wrecking the illusion that the test was in any way fair.

If I were the NFLPA. I would have a representative being filmed inside or outside the stadium doing their own measurements with 11 balls. Could be them showing the balls being measured in a 70 degree truck outside the stadium, putting the balls outside the truck a half hour before game time right up to halftime. With further re measurements.

Could be helpful for Kessler in the Appeal hearing or just in case the NFL leaks some bogus figures

If I were the NFLPA. I would have a representative being filmed inside or outside the stadium doing their own measurements with 11 balls. Could be them showing the balls being measured in a 70 degree truck outside the stadium, putting the balls outside the truck a half hour before game time right up to halftime. With further re measurements.

Could be helpful for Kessler in the Appeal hearing or just in case the NFL leaks some bogus figures

It would only help in leaks and future stuff. The PSI levels will have no bearing on the appeal, no witnesses no new information. Only ruling on the judges verdict.

What gague are they using? :p

People, Deflategate was a frame job. Few who have bothered to look deeply into it probably think otherwise.
Now that we have that fact in hand here's a highly germane multiple choice question:

Roger Goodell, Blandino and the other staff will now do the following:
(A) Take measurements of the PSI then fully announce the findings despite them pointing to Deflategate being an expensive yet massively incompetent investigation and/or a notion gone haywaire morphed into a frame job that could even encompass criminal wrongdoing.
(B) Take measurements of the PSI of the gameballs then keep them hidden under lock and key.
All media inquiries will be rebuffed with the comment "the NFL will not be commenting on our measurement testing" thereby possibly arousing suspicion and even many further questions.
C) Using the hugely wide latitude (approaching impunity) afforded their office, the whole measurement announcement was always, 100%, solely meant to reinforce all their Deflategate actions. These highly manipulated and cajoled results were designed to do what is necessary to reinforce it as well as to announce these false finding to gouge the Patriots at an opportune time. Doing these things thereby gives them more viewers(good vs evil storyline! sweet nielsen numbers), a further Patriot slap down indicating 'who's the boss'[not the Alyssa Milano kind] to Kraft-BB-TFB as well as send a message to every warm body out there as to what the ongoing cost will be to defy the league.

If you believe A please immediately seek professional mental health help. If you believe B you probably stopped reading at B and did not read C. If you believe C you are firmly grounded in the cold hard ***** slap of reality and, therefore, should ask yourself why you seem in any way eager to see the results of what you already know was the foregone conclusion of an ongoing ruse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday