PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL worried about PSI in Vikings-Seahawks game

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Welles report proved beyond a question of a doubt that the NFL is willing to manufacture or "spin" evidence and numbers to achieve their desired results. They are certainly not wedded to the facts or the truth when they are creating a narrative.

I have zero faith in anything information they will or will not eventually put out there. The one thing I know for a 100% certitude is that whenever they DO decide to release all or some of that data, it will do NOTHING at all to change the narrative they've espoused for the past year. The people at 353 Park Ave are completely wedded to their story and are in so deep they can't tell the truth even when they are faced with indisputable evidence. It doesn't take much to fiddle with the facts, like when and were you took the readings and then bury the exculpatory facts deep in the footnotes.....or just flat out lie. They've done that too.

Unfortunately - the NFL controls the mike and the media has to do it their way or they might get cut off from the milk. The days of a free and independent media peaked in the 70's and died sometime after the Supreme court said it was OK for big money to buy elections and politicians. We hoped things would get better with the internet, but instead all we are "click bait" articles and turned the internet into lowest common denominator/"tabloid media.

We are going to get so ****ed by this. The best we can hope for is that the NFL just refuses to release the info.

What happened in the AFCCG: Balls were pumped inside at 70 degrees, spent an hour outside at a rainy 40 degrees, then were brought inside and measured within 5 minutes

What surely happened today: Balls were pumped inside at 70 degrees, spent an hour outside at 10 degrees, then were brought inside and measured 2 hours later.

Those 2 hours are going to allow the balls to get back to 13.0.

The results cannot be accepted by any clear-thinking individual unless the NFL* allows outside authorities to conduct and document the test.

The NFL* is not an unbiased participant.

I'm getting read for it:

"There was absolutely no movement in the PSI of the footballs during the Vikings game."

baghad-bob-brian-williams-650x491.jpg

Another Photoshop opportunity. Bagdad Bob's head is crying out to be replaced by Goodell's.

Last year the PSI results were 'leaked' out a few hours after the game. I wonder if that happens again tonight?

Last year the PSI results were 'leaked' out a few hours after the game. I wonder if that happens again tonight?

11 of the 12 balls were with in the limits allowed.

2 points
1) There isn't so much bad press the NFL* offices need a distraction
2) The Patriots aren't involved (though I suppose they could always set their sites on some other team)

You won't hear anything from the NFL. They won't release the measurements, they'll make a comment about falling within acceptable levels or say nothing at all. Truth and accuracy would prove what a complete farce framegate was, what a complete waste the wells report was and that there was no reason whatsoever to take the Patriots draft picks. No other owner would put up with this. Kraft sucks.

2 points
1) There isn't so much bad press the NFL* offices need a distraction
2) The Patriots aren't involved (though I suppose they could always set their sites on some other team)

Did you see the chaos that was the Steelers Bengals game? They need a distraction.

And if they release these results then the Pats will automatically become part of the story and we all know it. If they so much as say "balls were within acceptable levels" even with absolutely no proof then the national story instantly becomes about how this proves that the Pats must have cheated last year. No mention will be made of the fact that the NFL allowed the frigid balls to warm up in a 75 degree room for TWO F.UCKING HOURS before measuring them.

Did you see the chaos that was the Steelers Bengals game? They need a distraction.

And if they release these results then the Pats will automatically become part of the story and we all know it. If they so much as say "balls were within acceptable levels" even with absolutely no proof then the national story instantly becomes about how this proves that the Pats must have cheated last year. No mention will be made of the fact that the NFL allowed the frigid balls to warm up in a 75 degree room for TWO F.UCKING HOURS before measuring them.
Saw enough, but we'll have to see if there's an uproar 2 days from now. Plus, it paves the way for Peyton to make his farewell SB tour by facing a weakened Big Ben.

Not to mention, a potential Peyton vs Brady showdown where Good can defeat the ultimate evil. Ratings Powerball for the NFL*.

Most likely the balls fell below allowable psi when tested at halftime and they just pumped them back up to 13 psi or they used the backups they left inside the locker rooms. Nothing to see here.

Most likely the balls fell below allowable psi when tested at halftime and they just pumped them back up to 13 psi or they used the backups they left inside the locker rooms. Nothing to see here.

But apparently they didn't test them at halftime. They brought them in at halftime and left them there until the end of the game. Thats when they tested them.

You won't hear anything from the NFL. They won't release the measurements, they'll make a comment about falling within acceptable levels or say nothing at all. Truth and accuracy would prove what a complete farce framegate was, what a complete waste the wells report was and that there was no reason whatsoever to take the Patriots draft picks. No other owner would put up with this. Kraft sucks.

They have been testing the PSI levels all year. Not at the temperature of today's game, but certainly at levels comparable to last year's game against the Colts.

The fact that they haven't said anything yet tells me they learned that footballs lose pressure naturally in the cold. If they had somehow found otherwise, they'd be trumpeting that up and down the airwaves. The silence from the NFL is all you need to know about what they found.

The only question is how long it takes them to either release false data or, as people have said in this thread, results obtained without a fair comparison to last year such as if they allowed the footballs to equilibrate before measuring them.

But apparently they didn't test them at halftime. They brought them in at halftime and left them there until the end of the game. Thats when they tested them.
Where are you getting this? If this game was indeed one of the "randomly" chosen games selected for testing (and assuming they follow their own new procedures outlined this offseason), then the 1st half balls would have been tested at halftime and subsequently removed from play. Then after the game, all balls get tested (which, obviously, is the 2nd time for the 1st half balls).

Where are you getting this? If this game was indeed one of the "randomly" chosen games selected for testing (and assuming they follow their own new procedures outlined this offseason), then the 1st half balls would have been tested at halftime and subsequently removed from play. Then after the game, all balls get tested (which, obviously, is the 2nd time for the 1st half balls).

I hope I'm wrong then.

Does it really matter if the PSI is at 10 or 12 or 14? Uh, no.

Goodell should just issue a memo forbidding the balls from following the laws of physics. That will allow him to somehow blame the Patriots.

Fixed

Fantastic. This is going to be great evidence during the appeal in February. Kessler is popping champagne right now I bet.
I share the sentiment, but the facts on the ground are incidental to the NFL's appeal. The League is arguing that Goodell could do what he did, whatever the facts might have been.

I'm with Bruce Allen...NFL is holding onto their "results". I think until after the Pats/KC game. Pats win and some along the lines of "All balls in Minn were within acceptable limits" will leak late Sunday night. Then we get a week of how evil New England is and how Peyton will conquer the cheaters from up North.

Hey, does anyone remember that E!SPN hitpiece from the beginning of the season? The authors tweeted they had more 'verified' Pats cheating proof and were going to publish a follow up article. Seems like these would be the perfect couple of weeks to do that, nice big distraction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes