PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Week 5 Games

Is that American Psycho? we should only hope...

But if we beat KC - we can put them in a huge hole. KC also has to play GB, Minn and Chicago - 3 pretty good defenses.

Yes. The post wasn't about that. Hey, anyone wants to say 'we now control our own destiny'? Go ahead, enjoy the exuberance of KC's loss. But coming back to earth it is way too early for destiny control talk. We still have head to head, we still have 11 games to go, we have tough games, KC definitely has tough games, and who knows what other team may pop out of no where.
IMHO, and IMHO only, it's unreasonable to believe the Patriots will go 16-0. I hope so but since we've done it once in BB's history, it isn't likely at all. But if we go 16-0 then we certainly control our regular season destiny :).

I don't think any of the Pats fans, the real ones here, think this is anything but a great start to a grueling season. If the Pats stay reasonably healthy I think it's reasonable for us to assume our team will be playing their best when December rolls around. What I cannot stomach anymore is this incessant hero worship of other teams and their star players and the avalanche of pearl clutching fear/dread that invariably ensues when they perform their expected duties.

I don't think any of the Pats fans, the real ones here, think this is anything but a great start to a grueling season. If the Pats stay reasonably healthy I think it's reasonable for us to assume our team will be playing their best when December rolls around. What I cannot stomach anymore is this incessant hero worship of other teams and their star players and the avalanche of pearl clutching fear/dread that invariably ensues when they perform their expected duties.

I don't look at it the way that you do, Joker. I see a Patriots team that, unlike almost every other team in NFL history, really does consider a season without a Super Bowl victory to be a lost season. And I think that same mentality is there with the fans. People worry about losses because it shows the team can be beat. They worry about a Mahomes, or a Rodgers, or Brees, etc... because they know that those guys are talented enough to steal a game. It's why "need" gets talked about so often. With the Patriots, a failing at any position is a weakness that might be exposed come playoff time.

KC will have Tyreek hill back when we play them. He’s burned us before in the past.

He was pretty much either totally ineffective or held in check in the last two games. Not particularly concerned about him or Kelce. It is usually the WR2 and WR3 who have to win their matchups against us.

Lmao theres a thread on chiefsplanet called "Have teams figured us out?"

It is the usual Andy Reid offense slowing down with time because they run out of original, new misdirections and teams starting to pick up how to defend some of that trickery.

You still need a pretty disciplined defense that can play man coverage to pull it off but if anything the way the Colts were able to defend them makes me feel pretty confident about our defense. And our defense matches up even better against their offense.

It is the usual Andy Reid offense slowing down with time because they run out of original, new misdirections and teams starting to pick up how to defend some of that trickery.

You still need a pretty disciplined defense that can play man coverage to pull it off but if anything the way the Colts were able to defend them makes me feel pretty confident about our defense. And our defense matches up even better against their offense.

Belichick will just copy much of Indy's game plan on defense plus throw in a few wrinkles to account for Hill...

Belichick will just copy much of Indy's game plan on defense plus throw in a few wrinkles to account for Hill...

Indy did exactly the same as Patricia last week and us last year when playing KC. Lots of man coverage and try to contain Mahomes in the pocket.

Belichick doesn't need to copy himself.

KC can't afford another loss until the game in Foxboro if they want home field.

It was basically Belichick’s game plan in the Afc title game.

I knew when I woke up this morning that the Colts won because when I went to ESPN, the score wasn't on the front page with Kermit throwing behind his back to wide open receivers.

Also Lamar Jackson has been garbage for about 3 straight weeks now

I don't look at it the way that you do, Joker. I see a Patriots team that, unlike almost every other team in NFL history, really does consider a season without a Super Bowl victory to be a lost season. And I think that same mentality is there with the fans. People worry about losses because it shows the team can be beat. They worry about a Mahomes, or a Rodgers, or Brees, etc... because they know that those guys are talented enough to steal a game. It's why "need" gets talked about so often. With the Patriots, a failing at any position is a weakness that might be exposed come playoff time.

Cough...oline

But if we beat KC - we can put them in a huge hole. KC also has to play GB, Minn and Chicago - 3 pretty good defenses.

The GB team that gave up over 500 yards to the Boys? The Chicago team that gave up close to 400 yards to the Raiders? Of all of them Minni has the most consistent defense but their offense stinks. The crazy thing is the Pats are head and shoulders above everyone else and we are all still complaining about their offense!

Started DeShaun in FF. Netted me 51.74 points.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back