PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 2 | Sept 17 2006 | New England Patriots vs New York Jets | HDTVRip | H.264/A

Status
Not open for further replies.

david1023

Rookie
Reaction score
EDITED BY IAN: As much as I would love to make this available....the NFL wouldn't like it.

Not your fault David, so no hard feelings :cool:

Ian

Last edited by a moderator:
david1023 said:
EDITED BY IAN: As much as I would love to make this available....the NFL wouldn't like it.

Ian
Good god, a 3 hour football game in HD resolution? That's got to be 10+ gigs easy. I love the Pats, but not enough to buy a new hard drive every season :)

actually depending on how he encodes it, it will be around 1.4 gigs a piece.

Last edited:
desi-patsfan said:
actually depending on how he encodes it, it will be around 1.4 gigs a piece.
I know this is getting waaaay off topic, but if it were possible to compress 3 hours of video at HD resolution to 1.4 gigs, why the need for Blu-Ray and HD-DVD? A regular DVD already holds 4.7 gigs on a single side/single layer, and that's encoded with MPEG-2 which gives decent compression.

Its very much possible. Head over to Mininova and check out his other uploads. He has already uploaded other NY Jets game and they are all 1.4 gigs.

Re: NFL Week 2 | Sept 17 2006 | New England Patriots vs New York Jets | HDTVRip | H.2

Is there a website where you can 'acquire' these games from? ;)

I started recording a bit late and missed the first few min. Wound up with 14.3 gigs. This was done with Vista Ultimate in HD.

Does anybody know an "easy" way to burn HD DVD's off of Comcast or Direct TV?

What equipment is available and is it easy to do this from recorded HD DVR >DVD??

Is there a function that would take out commercials??

I only seek these for my own private use.

Re: NFL Week 2 | Sept 17 2006 | New England Patriots vs New York Jets | HDTVRip | H.2

fgssand said:
Does anybody know an "easy" way to burn HD DVD's off of Comcast or Direct TV?

What equipment is available and is it easy to do this from recorded HD DVR >DVD??

Is there a function that would take out commercials??

I only seek these for my own private use.
I don't think there's any stand alone players that can record in HD on Blu-Ray/HD-DVD. If there aren't then the only way I can think of would be with the following computer hardware: an HDTV Tuner Card and an internal Blu-Ray/HD-DVD burner. The tuner imports from your cable/dish box.

If you're looking to burn actual HD quality, then you're looking at spending about $1000 just for the set up. The blank discs alone cost about $17 each.

So, easy? IMO, very easy but waaaaaay too expensive.

desi-pats said:
Its very much possible. Head over to Mininova and check out his other uploads. He has already uploaded other NY Jets game and they are all 1.4 gigs.
....but not possible that it's HD quality.

EDIT: I forgot to add, with that set up I posted you only can play it on your computer. To play it on your TV you'd need a Blu-Ray Disc Player($1000), and a new TV :) . The TV has to be 1080p and there's only a few, and the Sony one costs about $3000. In other words, the technology is way too new and Sony needs some competition to bring prices down.

Last edited:
david1023 said:

Ian

Yes - "expressed written consent" as they say... none of that "implied oral consent"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News