PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to review McDaniels situation in off season

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
NFL will review rule this off-season that allowed Josh McDaniels to change teams in the same season and to coach in the post-season.

via schefter. ..as always expect the pats to do something to get it noticed.Iam expecting more crap anti-pats news today from jay glazer and charlie casserly as it always happens before a NE playoff game

On NFL Countdown Schefter said that "some other teams" had complained about it...no prizes for guessing who that will have been.

Last edited:
via schefter. ..as always expect the pats to do something to get it noticed.Iam expecting more crap anti-pats news today from jay glazer and charlie casserly as it always happens before a NE playoff game

I never understood why everyone hates the Patriots until I started to hate the Packers this year and the dynasty they're on the verge of creating.

People hate winners. I think the Packers get a pass because they're in middle america and we're yankees. :rolleyes:

The NFL SHOULD review the lack of a rule and SHOULD put in a rule against it.

The Patriots did nothing wrong - - there is no rule on it currently.

The reporting of it, however, is typical - - day of the game. This could have been reported Wednesday - - the timing is merely the media trying to affect the game. Perhaps the NFL should "review" THAT.

I FORGOT it's only unfair when the Patriots do it. I find it funny that people are seeming to forget that our O.C was recruited to another coaching position when the playoff preparation was beginning. That seems to be no problem, but when we replace him...now all the sudden the Patriots are up to "things":rolleyes:

Whatever we didnt break any rules so I dont care what they do after this season.

They said they were going to review it.

The NFL reviews ANYTHING that another team complains about.

I predict they review it and decide that it is fine.

Great. Now there'll automatically be yet another asterisk next to whatever post-season success the Pats enjoy.

The Patriots did nothing wrong - - there is no rule on it currently.

The reporting of it, however, is typical - - day of the game. This could have been reported Wednesday - - the timing is merely the media trying to affect the game. Perhaps the NFL should "review" THAT.

Controversy sells.

just another ...gate coming our way.

Thanks BSPN....

Why.

The "big deal" with Josh is he knows something about Denver from last year.

Let say NE had hired him at the start of this season, would he have any less or more info about Denver.

He was let go. The only way he would have unfair inside knowldge is if we were playing the Rams. But if a team was stupid enough to fire a coach when they are still in the hunt well shame on them.

Had NE hired Tony Sparano right before the week 16 game that would have been a bit fishy, but still the Dolphin's fault for letting him go.

Lets do a history lesson here, when McDaniels drafted Tebow he almost got run out of town, and last year he did.. on 6 December 2010.

He was then hired by the Rams, who fired their head coach and he was essentially a lame duck.

In early January BOB was interviewing and subsequently was hired by Penn State, before the Bronco's game the Patriots hired him as an offensive assistant and to eventually become the OC.

So what is the situation?? The Pats foresight in believing the Bronco's would upset Pittsburgh??

OTOH should Hernandez and Spikes not be able to play in this game, as they practiced every day during football season with Tebow???

It is a bunch of bullshyt and just fodder for the mediots.

Why.

The "big deal" with Josh is he knows something about Denver from last year.

Let say NE had hired him at the start of this season, would he have any less or more info about Denver.

He was let go. The only way he would have unfair inside knowldge is if we were playing the Rams. But if a team was stupid enough to fire a coach when they are still in the hunt well shame on them.

Had NE hired Tony Sparano right before the week 16 game that would have been a bit fishy, but still the Dolphin's fault for letting him go.

In this instance, McDaniels was not out of a job. St Louis "traded" him to the Pats for a sideways move for a job after his team's season to a team in an extended season.

Once again, the Patriots and Rams did NOTHING illegal.

I feel the NFL should, however, close that gap up for next year. That's my own opinion.

How about they put a rule in saying that other teams and colleges can't go after a teams coaching staff while there still playing then. McDaniels wouldn't have been necessary if Penn State didn't poach the OC.

On NFL Countdown Schefter said that "some other teams" had complained about it...no prizes for guessing who that will have been.
what about certain former Jet employees?

It's amazing how everything we do well suddenly has to become illegal.

Translation: If the Pats win and teams complain they will make a rule about it. Standard procedure at this point.

Last edited:
The NFL SHOULD review the lack of a rule and SHOULD put in a rule against it...

Why should the NFL do something that stupid?

Well, well, well...

I get skewered on the other thread when I made the "irrational" argument that something smelled funny, but now I seem to be vindicated by the NFL front office.

I guarantee you that the NFL will clarify things by forbidding teams from hiring Offensive or Defensive Coordinators after either the trading deadline or the end of the season.

Whether or not there were any shenanigans involved in the hiring of McDaniels is irrelevant. It smells fishy, so now the NFL powers will have to weigh in.

Well, well, well...

I get skewered on the other thread when I made the "irrational" argument that something smelled funny, but now I seem to be vindicated by the NFL front office.

I guarantee you that the NFL will clarify things by forbidding teams from hiring Offensive or Defensive Coordinators after either the trading deadline or the end of the season.

Whether or not there were any shenanigans involved in the hiring of McDaniels is irrelevant. It smells fishy, so now the NFL powers will have to weigh in.

It doesn't smell fishy at all. Even those writers who've complained about it have admitted that.

Obviously the Broncos complained, but did Rexy get Goodell's toes out of his mouth long enough to look up and ask him to investigate?

REALLY hope they look into the Bill O'Brien situation too.

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back