PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nfl Replay

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjames

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Watched the SD game again last night on NFL Network and a few things stood out. Apologies if this was posted elsewhere.

• The Defense did a specatcular job, especially in the first half, considering the starting field position SD was starting every drive with. In a similar vein, while watching teh game live I felt really nervous the whole time and it really felt like they kind of stole the win, but watching it again, you can see that the Pats were right there the whole time and were just as close to SD to breaking the game open a few times. Just a great game.

• LT is hands down the best player in football right now, unlike previous games where we have faced a huge threat and found a way to neutralize him, it almost seems like the gameplan this time was to work around LT. Like they said "OK, LT is good for 150 yards and a couple TD's" and there was pretty much no other way to win the game but to spot him his yards and points and still find a way to win

• The drive at the end of the first half was as good as any we have seen in the BB/Brady era and Kevin Faulk was huge on that drive. That holding penalty negated one his greatest runs

• For all of the hysteria surrounding LT's comments about the post game dance, when they showed him talking to the press throughout the game he was very complimentary about the Pats and went out of his way to praise their poise and abilty to make the big play and went on to say that the penalties and unprofessional mistakes killed the Chargers. To me this shows how badly the Lights Out dance stuff got blown out of proportion in the press.

• Lastly, at the end of the game they show Philip Rivers dressed like any other guy giving his press conference and he is just kind of your normal all-american QB white guy type- Cut to Tom Brady in his jacket and open shirt standing outside the locker room surrounded by press, knowing he is aboout to meet Gisele Bundchen and play in yet another AFCC, and you can just see this golden glow coming off the guy. He has never looked cooler. And it just made Rivers seem like a high school kid. Have fun at the Pro Bowl Junior

Last edited:
I don't think the Pats were there the entire time. They were extremely lucky that Troy Brown stripped the ball after the INT. Had he not you know MArty would have gone into ultra conservative mode and ran the ball exclusively. I don't think they could have stopped LT and the time would ahve just ran out.

I felt because the game became tied Marty wanted to be aggresive and threw the ball which played into the Pats hands of stopping the Chargers for a 3 and out.

The Pats hung on at the end by a lifeline.

I don't think the Pats were there the entire time. They were extremely lucky that Troy Brown stripped the ball after the INT. Had he not you know MArty would have gone into ultra conservative mode and ran the ball exclusively. I don't think they could have stopped LT and the time would ahve just ran out.

I felt because the game became tied Marty wanted to be aggresive and threw the ball which played into the Pats hands of stopping the Chargers for a 3 and out.

The Pats hung on at the end by a lifeline.

Of course, but they had some other chances earlier in the game that they missed, especially Brady overthowing a wide open Watson. Had Recehe stayed in bounds on his huge catch that is a TD and the Chargers would have needed a TD to tie.. I think Brady just missed hooking up with Caldwell on another TD pass as well. My main point is that the game was not "dominated" by the Chargers as it was made out to be by many

Had Recehe stayed in bounds on his huge catch that is a TD and the Chargers would have needed a TD to tie.. I

You could easily say, had Vincent Jackson gotten both feet in on the TD pass...

JimmyJames, I watched that last night as well. I too felt anxious during the game live and felt that the Pats were getting their hats handed to them at the time. During the replay I felt the game was MUCH less lopsided than I did when watching it live. True there were plays that could have gone either way for both teams but during the replay I felt that I was more objective about the Pats performance and came away feeling like the game was not as bad as previously interpreted.

Luck you say?
Luck is when preparation meets with opportunity.
Author unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes