PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

PullaRandyMoss81

On the Roster
Reaction score
is this weekends pre-season game against the bucaneers only played on nfl network? I say it is but my sister sais it isnt. we need to know for sure before this weekend, so that if it is on nfl network, we can watch it over a friends house. thanks

Not sure, but its live on British TV :singing:

Yes, only on NFL-N.

EDIT---No it is not. Locally, WBZ channel 4 will carry it. I should have looked prior to posting.:mad:

Last edited:
yeah...I wish I lived in Boston, but at least I'll get to see this one live!

Games shown on cable (nfln, espn) are always also on a local channel in the television markets of the two teams playing (or just the road team if it's not a sellout) - if I'm not mistaken that's related to the limited antitrust exemption that the NFL has. For out of towners that sounds like their may be several possible feeds on channelsurfing.net, sopcast, etc. - nfln, Boston's WBZ ch4, Tampa's WTTA ch66, plus stations from Providence, Hartford, Manchester, etcetera. At least with it being on NFL Network most of the out of towners will be able to watch this one on TV rather than a computer screen.

Anyone know if it will be shown on WMTW out of Portland? Or WMUR out of Manchester? I am in NH visiting and my MIL doesn't have NFL Network.

Games shown on cable (nfln, espn) are always also on a local channel in the television markets of the two teams playing (or just the road team if it's not a sellout) - if I'm not mistaken that's related to the limited antitrust exemption that the NFL has. For out of towners that sounds like their may be several possible feeds on channelsurfing.net, sopcast, etc. - nfln, Boston's WBZ ch4, Tampa's WTTA ch66, plus stations from Providence, Hartford, Manchester, etcetera. At least with it being on NFL Network most of the out of towners will be able to watch this one on TV rather than a computer screen.

I don't believe this rule is in effect for preseason games

Anyone know if it will be shown on WMTW out of Portland? Or WMUR out of Manchester? I am in NH visiting and my MIL doesn't have NFL Network.

Doesn't look like it. Looks like you have your choice of Olympics, Phillies at Padres, or Little League baseball for sports. I'd go for Blazing Saddles or Napolean Dynamite for one of the movies that's on then, though the MIL would probably prefer The Notebook.

http://www.tvguide.com/listings/default.aspx

As italia44 pointed out, it doesn't look like all the stations that normally carry Pats regular season games will also carry preseason games when it's being shown live on NFLN.

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, I appreciate it.

That sucks though...I am forced to go to the local bar now and watch the game...:p

I have a house in portland and have watched games that are on NFL Network there in the past they usually show it on WBZ although it is almost never in the listings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes