PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL: Jets actions legal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could somebody explain where the gray area to this 'rule" is? If you can't film from an area that isn't enclosed than how does standing in stands behind the endzones legal? If it is illegal to film outside of an enclosed area does it really make a difference if you have "permission"? Can an NFL Team give another team permission to break a rule?

You think the NFL wants to go through this again? Of course they are brushing it aside. Behind closed doors Goodell knows he f'd up. He's making a huge mistake though in thinking that the we fans are STUPID. If we are fortunate enough to win the Super Bowl, all Pats fans should boo his arse off the podium while he tries to hand us the trophy. Lord that man is lucky that I don't have his number. What a tool.:mad:

Sadly, the fans of the other 31 teams will eat this up because most of them actually think stealing signals is illegal. It's more of a sad commentary on our society in general where people just believe whatever bull**** they're spoonfed without checking the facts.

The recording from the endzone might be legal, but we have no idea why the Patriots made them stop; seems illogical to me that they would stop them from doing something that every team does every week at every stadium.

edit for clarity: in other words, we still have no idea why or where the Jets were stopped from filming; therefore this proclomation that everything they did was legal is not necessarily so.

Last edited:
When asked if the Dolphins stealing Brady's signals off a tape constituted a rules violation, the NFL's Steve Alic responded, "That's football."

The recording from the endzone might be legal, but we have no idea why the Patriots made them stop; seems illogical to me that they would stop them from doing something that every team does every week at every stadium.

It's not legal according to the rule cited in the memo.

"Teams typically shoot coaching video"

LMAO. We shot coaching video too. Asssholes.

We all saw photos of the Jets employee. He was on the sidelines but usually inside the 20s. This is the sideline not the endzone. We all saw the photos.

this is kind of pissing me off, so it's no big deal unless it's done by a team goodell doesnt like? I know, I know. the patriots had the better camera angle so they are scumbag cheaters and lose a draft pick.

Goodell needs to fine himself. This guy is a complete joke. They admitted it, either take their 2nd & 3rd rounders or give NE its 1st back!

We all saw photos of the Jets employee. He was on the sidelines but usually inside the 20s. This is the sideline not the endzone. We all saw the photos.

7f87f2146c0b403c3af0eaf11161c92c_belichickcameraman.jpg

it's only cheating if you are wearing a patriots logo. Dont you know that?

As another poster rightly said, let it go. Maybe now we can discuss football and not various ways to interpret a rule. It's over.

Let's not forget Goodell used to work for the Jets.

Wel, as a lawyer this is a big head scratch to me. The rules are pretty clear. Then the NFL says something else. Is there another overriding rule that I don't know about at the end of the rule book that says something like: "All rules above this rule are to be applied strictly at the discretion of the Commissioner"?

Wel, as a lawyer this is a big head scratch to me. The rules are pretty clear. Then the NFL says something else. Is there another overriding rule that I don't know about at the end of the rule book that says something like: "All rules above this rule are to be applied strictly at the discretion of the Commissioner"?

BB said rules were vague and he misinterpreted them. NFL says they are hard and fast, the Patriots are guilty and punish them hard. Now the Jets break the exact same rules and the NFL says the rules are vague. The NFL has no credibility.

I dont think you really need to be a lawyer to see through this. Only requirement is a IQ a few points over a chimpanzee to be able to see the BS that is going on here.

Well, there goes their perfect season.

So let me get this straight....It is OK with Goodell if you shoot film of another team (and let's be honest......their signals.....we've all heard of ZOOM).....from both end zones........BUT....you can not have a camera on your sideline? So....you can use a camera if you confine it to the endzone area......but if your camera is anywhere else you are a cheater???? What a f**king load of horsecrap.......Goodell and his cronies should be ashamed of themselves....so, in essence...it is OK for everyone else to do the SAME F'ing thing EXCEPT THE NE Patriots?????

This is a travesty.........Mangina....that giant douche bag......should be fined......the owner should be fined......and their slovenly team should lose a #1 draft pick......This league is becoming a JOKE!!!!

BB said rules were vague and he misinterpreted them. NFL says they are hard and fast, the Patriots are guilty and punish them hard. Now the Jets break the exact same rules and the NFL says the rules are vague. The NFL has no credibility.

A (F**KING) MEN brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Goodell is a spineless joke.....What Man-gina did IS NO DIFFERENT from what BB did......same F'in crime....and Goodell turns his head on this travesty......what a scandal the NFL has become!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When asked if the Dolphins stealing Brady's signals off a tape constituted a rules violation, the NFL's Steve Alic responded, "That's football."

Beautiful.....steve you bleeding sphincter.........that is why there is NO credibility in the NFL any longer......Time for GODdell to GO......his "running" of the league is in CHAOS!!!!!!!!!

As another poster rightly said, let it go. Maybe now we can discuss football and not various ways to interpret a rule. It's over.

This is something YOU CAN NOT LET GO Trev.....If something is good for the goose it is good for the gander......You can not PUNISH one team for doing something.....and then allow ANOTHER Team to do the same thing in the next breath........Goodell is a fraud.....biased.....and a CHEATER himself if he does not bring any PENALTY against the Jests!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News