PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL: Jets actions legal

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand the ruling either, it makes no sence. But there IS also something wrong with that picture of the camera man. He's wearing SHORTS supposadly the taping was done in Nov. or Jan. So when was this taken? It wasn't a late fall or winter game.

Last edited:
Felger, but he would only do it if it made the Pats look bad. The odds of him looking into anything or raising any question that might help the Pats is zero. Besides, he went on record last night saying Jets did nothing wrong, Pats cheated. He doesn't need to know the facts, just will it embarrass the Pats or not, and will it get him better ratings.
We're more likely to find a New York reporter who wants to make the Jets look bad. How about Glauber (NewsDay)? He already got a good start on that task today.

Last edited:
I don't understand the ruling either, it makes no sence. But there IS also something wrong with that picture of the camera man. He's wearing SHORTS supposidly the taping was done in Nov. or Jan. So when was this taken? It wasn't a late fall or winter game.

These photos are from the 1st game of this year. This Jets employee was on the sidelines filming. The press say its ok because he is a Jets media guy but per the rules, it is illegal as he is a Jets employee filming from an unauthorized location. This is the rule the Patriots broke. Filming signals is not illegal, it was the camera location. The rules do not make an exception for team media guys. It is pretty cut and dry.

Last edited:
These photos are from the 1st game of this year. This Jets employee was on the sidelines filming. The press say its ok because he is a Jets media guy but per the rules, it is illegal as he is a Jets employee filming from an unauthorized location. This is the rule the Patriots broke. Filming signals is not illegal, it was the camera location. The rules do not make an exception for team media guys. It is pretty cut and dry.
OK, I went back and saw the jets logo in the back ground. I thought it was suppose to be of the taping of one of last years Nov,or Jan, games.

What's funny is how the league said what the Jets camera guy did was OK, if the Patriots gave him permission to be there. But, do you honestly think NE would have removed that guy, if they actually gave the Jets permission?

Reiss again.

In todays article he states

The league's operations manual states that "no video recording devices of any kind are permitted to be in use in the coaches' booth, on the field, or in the locker room during the game." Furthermore, all video shooting locations for coaching purposes "must be enclosed on all sides with a roof overhead."

He didn't put Furthermore, all video shooting locations for coaching purposes in quotation marks. I never read this in the rules. Did I and everyone here miss it? If not then why are media folks making things up to avoid the truth that the Jets broke the same rule too?

I, like many of you, am a Patriots' fan.

The actions of the NFL by their decision to NOT impose similar penalties on Eric Mangini and the New York Jets organization for rule violations that mirror those committed by Bill Belichick and the New England Patriots organization have caused (and continue to cause) me great physical and emotional stress. I hold Roger Goodell, personally, and the National Football League, organizationally, responsible. Therefore, I propose that Patriots' fans initiate a "Class Action Lawsuit" against Roger Goodell and the National Football League for the pain and suffering resulting by their refusal to "apply equal protection under the law".

OK, maybe that's not feasible, but I'd love the look on Roger's face when the papers are served.

(P.S. Attention lawyers. I know that the Equal Protection Clause only applies to governmental bodies.)

Strange how the league deemed the Jets' actions legal so quickly. According to Bill Burt, someone in Foxboro says there was never any permission for the Jets to get their "End Zone View":

Source: Mangini lied; Pats never gave permission for sideline videotaping
Dec 13th, 2007 by Bill Burt

A Patriots’ source has refuted a claim by Jets head coach Eric Mangini. The Jets coach said the Patriots gave the Jets permission to have a Jets cameraman on the sideline — Mangini said it was for a end zone view for their game on Nov. 12, 2006 — which was won by the Jets 17-14.
Mangini later said the Jets cameraman was ordered to leave the field during the game, which he did.
But a source with the Patriots said permission was never initally granted. That permission would have needed Bill Belichick’s approval.
Does this make us look at “spy-gate” in a different light? Was Mangini so mad that he waited until the 2007 opener to get back at Belichick … 10 times over?
This story isn’t dying just yet.

From: http://blogs.eagletribune.com/sport...ver-gave-permission-for-sideline-videotaping/

:confused: :confused: :confused:

I dont want to let this go...and I'm damned sure the Patriots will rip the Jets another a-hole...if not for the infectious yeast induced stench that ManGina oozed out about our cameras during game 1...but for this latest blatant infraction the Jets AND the commish has commited. The Jets and the commish are in cahoots.

haha.....that sounds pretty gross!

The league should at least make the Jets submit the tapes the Jets employee made to see exactly what he was taping.

Chances are the Jets would clean the tape up if they did anything but it's another example of the NFL not even making an effort to investigate when teams engage in "gamesmanship" against the Patriots. The Colts get accused/caught AGAIN for pumping noise in when their opponents are on offense and the league just gets CBS to claim a technical problem. Nobody ever actually checked it out.

Now there's photos of a Jets employee on the sidelines with a camera and the league says it's OK without even looking at what they taped. All they need to do is have someone drive over and look at it. Why hasn't it been done?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back