PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick please call the Cardinals or Steelers and trade for a wide out not sign Sanu for Gronk money

So, after seeing the market for all of these guys and what some of the DL and LB's are getting, any posters here still holding out any hope whatsoever that the Pats will be able to retain all three of Jones, Collins, and Hightower?

I think they could but it would require some pretty good finagling, and they won't be able to retain Butler in that case.

So, after seeing the market for all of these guys and what some of the DL and LB's are getting, any posters here still holding out any hope whatsoever that the Pats will be able to retain all three of Jones, Collins, and Hightower?

I have no interest in NE retaining Jones anyway. Collins and Hightwer are a must, however.

You are counting on Dobson being our 3rd WR. Really? Are you kidding me?

VectorPrime - Could you please do everyone a favor and slow down, read what is actually said and stop over-reacting? No where did I mention anything about counting on Dobson. I was responding to the person who was bashing Mike Loyko and then claimed that the Patriots only had 4 WR signed when they actually had 6.
After that, I pointed out the situation that the Patriots experienced this past year.

I made no mention of the year to come in terms of projecting who would be where on the depth chart.

PS. @meatface and @EatSleepWinRepeat also need to learn to read what is actually said.

17m per?

Sorry just not getting it.. I think he is a solid pass rusher not some elite talent

VectorPrime - Could you please do everyone a favor and slow down, read what is actually said and stop over-reacting? No where did I mention anything about counting on Dobson. I was responding to the person who was bashing Mike Loyko and then claimed that the Patriots only had 4 WR signed when they actually had 6.
After that, I pointed out the situation that the Patriots experienced this past year.

I made no mention of the year to come in terms of projecting who would be where on the depth chart.

This is nitpicking. Two of those six guys are warm bodies with hands, not NFL players.

Belichick please call the Cardinals or Steelers and trade for a wide out not sign Sanu for Gronk money

Do you seriously believe he has time to wallow on Patsfans, and peruse threads like this in order to make important football decisions for his team?

So we've gone from Matt forte to Christine Michael in a matter of hours....

I actually think there is some truth to the theory that Gaffney will be our starter. No seriously!

I think Josina is a little behind the times, isn't it already reported that Sanu already signed for 7m per ?

How can she be "behind the times" when she just got off the phone with Sanu??? Ever stop to think that the other report was bogus?

And then how would you feel about getting bounced in the AFCCG to YOUR backup QB being carried by a historic defense?

smh

rofl historic defense.. ridiculous hyperboles just like after the Seahawks destroyed Denver..

How can she be "behind the times" when she just got off the phone with Sanu??? Ever stop to think that the other report was bogus?

Maybe it's Sanu that's behind the times then?

Dude should tune into ESPN now and again to stay in the loop....

Yeah, the Brooks signing occurred a few minutes after I posted this.

Analysts seem to like Freeman as an under-the-radar star.

Well, he's got the size that the Patriots see to like for their ILBs at 6'0 and 240 lbs. So, maybe he'll be their Mayo replacement.. He can't be worse than Freeny..

both defenses are horrible

flacco's coming off ACL surgery...dont think they'll be a factor at all.

broncos/and the bungles will be our main competition

As the Broncos literally do not have a QB right now, that's real good news if true.

If this is the type of $ going to free agent WRs, I'd rather see NE pass... Ppl on here love them some WRs, and ***** about the Patriots not having much there, but $ can be better spent.
So beyond Edelman we have Amendola, Dobson, Martin. Please don't tell me your satisfied with that receiving corps. Not to mention three of those four are injury prone guys.

We need another solid receiver. Two would be nice. Let's not pretend otherwise.

Right. And let me apologize deeply to DaBruinz for forgetting about Chris Harper and Carter (I don't even remember his first name, is it DeAndre?), two players who are sitting on the fringe of the NFL.

Edelman and Amendola are of course solid NFL players, but both are injury-prone, Keshawn Martin is a below-replacement player who's primarily useful on special teams, Aaron Dobson is yet another Patriots wide receiver bust, and the other two guys are camp fodder. No one should be comfortable with this wide receiver corps as it stands, which wasn't impressive even when Amendola, Edelman, and LaFell were all healthy last season.

Except they were never all healthy at the same time last season. Not once. LaFell started off the season on the PUP and wasn't the same. Then Edelman and Amendola both got injured..

So how about we stop trying to re-write history and deal in facts?

BTW, Martin didn't play all that much on special teams. He was primarily the 3rd receiver through the end of the year..

Yep, better we leave that task to megaposting lawyers with pr0nstar avatars.

Except he is right that those numbers are borderline idiotic and all you can apparently do is deflect on a completely unrelated level.

I actually think there is some truth to the theory that Gaffney will be our starter. No seriously!

There's no need to overspend on a RB. Save the money for Collins and Hightower. I'd like to see the Pats bring Ridley back on a low money deal and go with Ridley and Lewis. That would be more than adequate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes