PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
This might be the worst free agent class I've ever seen.

Bunch of people tweeting that Miller and Houston seems likely. So does that put MIA in the RB market for FA..probably.

Jon Gruden disagrees. "You look at a guy like Brian Tyms Mike, now here's a guy whose phone is going to be ringing off the hook. You get a Brian Tyms and now the whole field is open. Spider 2Y banana here we come!"

LOL. $7m/year for Dwayne Allen? I think most people were expecting something around $3-4 MAX.

Classic Grigson/Irsay.

xHIsIBA.png
I am still in complete shock that he got signed for that money. I just can't believe it.

If Irsay had 1/4 of a brain he would seriously question why his GM just paid out $7.25 AAV for a TE who had 16 catches last year.

I am so glad Grigson is GM of that team.

I am still in complete shock that he got signed for that money. I just can't believe it.

If Irsay had 1/4 of a brain he would seriously question why his GM just paid out $7.25 AAV for a TE who had 16 catches last year.

I am so glad Grigson is GM of that team.
He's a Colt, so Grigson still ends up in the Hall of Fame regardless.

Bunch of people tweeting that Miller and Houston seems likely. So does that put MIA in the RB market for FA..probably.

I think they're happy moving forward with Jay Ajayi as their top guy, and Damien Williams has been good enough as a change-of-pace guy. The Dolphins seem to prefer to look to the draft for running backs. If they bring anyone, it will be a third-tier type like Khiry Robinson.

@MikeGarafolo
Raiders making strong push for OL Kelechi Osemele. I'd call them the favorites. As I tweeted earlier, it'll be for more than $10m per year.

10 million a year for a guard?
Didn't Bill pay Mankin$ the same amount 5 years earlier, and that while the OL then was in better shape than the OL now?
I'd pay Osemele the $10M. He would be our starting LG now with Mason & Stork at the other 2 Interior positions; or our starting RG if Mason's best fit is deemed to be LG; he would also be our top backup at
both Tackle spots; and he would play all 4 of those positions at a starting-caliber, if not Pro-Bowl-caliber
level.
Priority #1 absolutely must be protecting Brady far better than they did last season. Bill & the FO must
use every resource available - early free agency, draft, and post-draft UDFAs & vet FAs - to accomplish
this necessity.

Last edited:
I get the sense he's in love with NOLA but, I wonder if Ben Watson would come home. Would be a huge boost over Chandler if he plays like he did last year.

I get the sense he's in love with NOLA but, I wonder if Ben Watson would come home. Would be a huge boost over Chandler if he plays like he did last year.
He played incredibly well for his age. I just wonder if he can keep that up.

Very good move for the Jags.

There are a few, just a few, so they're going to get way overpaid. If Miami gets Mario Williams for 8/per, that could be a very good get, though.

Other than that, the money flying around for meh talent seems pretty ridiculous right now. Is it possible that the Pats won't be able to get DA to agree to an extension? He'd get his salary in this environment.

For WR for the Pats, I think the trade route might have to do, sadly.

The Broncos OL as of right now without Mathis and Vasquez is absolutely awful. They are about 18 Mil in cap with no QB signed and numerous other FAs. I hope the OL market continues to be inflated.

Curious to see the numbers for this. Not sure if Malik Jackson will do that well when he has to be the best player on defense.

Curious to see the numbers for this. Not sure if Malik Jackson will do that well when he has to be the best player on defense.

Remember that the Jags drafted Fowler as well last year. If Fowler recovers from injury, he and Jackson could very much improve a pass rush that was downright awful last year. The Jags are a team on the rise. If they can fix the OL and add a few pieces to their secondary, they could easily contend for that division.

Remember that the Jags drafted Fowler as well last year. If Fowler recovers from injury, he and Jackson could very much improve a pass rush that was downright awful last year. The Jags are a team on the rise. If they can fix the OL and add a few pieces to their secondary, they could easily contend for that division.
Would be nice if they take DeMarcus Ware too if he gets released. I like that they're willing to work with Gus Bradley a bit longer. There's something to be said for some continuity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back