PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
No wonder he went there

I think RG3 could be a good fit for the Kubiak offense

While he has history (Kubiak's offense is Shananhan's offense) it's still the offense that nearly crippled RG3 with injuries

James Jones and Anquan Boldin is apparently who the Pats are looking at for WR's. Oh well.

Not really a James Jones fan. He has good hands, but I'm not sure what else he does well. Poor man's Boldin, IMO, who just benefitted from having an extremely accurate QB putting the ball in his hands downfield.

Much higher on Boldin, at least for a 1-2 year deal. Assuming he comes cheap, The Pats could make good use of him.

No wonder he went there

That would be an unmitigated failure. We'd have a worse WR corp and a far worse RB group than we did in 2013.
I'm nervous. I understand a lot of guys are going for high prices but we really need another solid, reliable receiver. If Edelman gets hurt again we are really screwed. Can't put ourselves in that position this year.

I wonder what happened with LaFell beyond having a mediocre season? At this point I'd rather have kept him along.

So Ivory got $6.5 million a year, that'd mean Forte got around $4.5 million a year. I wouldn't spend that on Forte. $3 million a year MAX.

Yeah, that explains Forte going to NYJ. I'd be surprised if the Pats came within $2M/year of that offer.

brock makes 18m a year. tom gets 9

bothers me that tom takes a paycut for our gutless piece of **** owner. he should be the highest paid player in the league...

I've heard that he's shown Flashes...

I like his scouting report.

Tall, strong arm.
Does well passing short but putting touch on the ball is a problem.
Feisty
Not afraid of contact
Great leadership skills
Scored a 9 on the Wonderlic but thats ok
Does well flying blind on a rocket cycle
Gets along with people in green tights and people with beards in their underwear with wings.

Some level of interest could mean anything from zero interest to signing him to an offer sheet right now. This is a very good tweet.

True, that's how you trick someone into believing you are an NFL insider. Technically, he's not lying.

If you're listing Blount as a problem area from last year, you weren't watching the games. That OL was garbage, and that may be an insult to garbage.
The OL indeed was garbage, thus the need for younger, healthier, fresher, faster and stronger legs at RB.

brock makes 18m a year. tom gets 9

bothers me that tom takes a paycut for our gutless piece of **** owner. he should be the highest paid player in the league...

Yea but if it helps keep High, Collins and Malcolm and wins SB 51 21-17 then it was ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes