PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Wallace played with Tannehill and a Rookie QB in Minnesota recently look at his numbers before that with Big Ben.

Bridgewater was in his 2nd season last year. And with that same QB, a rookie 5th round draft pick put up better numbers in 3 fewer games.

Mike Wallace as the #1 WR in Minnesota last year 39 rec 475 yards 2 TD
Nate Washington as the #2 WR in Houston(which runs a similair offense to NE) last year 47 rec 660 yards 4 TD

Mike Wallace had worse numbers than Brandon LaFell in 5 fewer games. And his numbers don't look any better than LaFell in 2014 either.

Seriously, Mike Wallace? All you need to know about him is Steelers fans were thrilled when he left. He sucks. He is and always has been a very mediocre wr with bigtime flaws.Sorry but amendola by himself does more for your offense than wallace

Mike Wallace had worse numbers than Brandon LaFell in 5 fewer games. And his numbers don't look any better than LaFell in 2014 either.

Ya just don't understand why anyone would wanna give that guy $5.5m per...

Not sure if you are joking. Let's see, secondary kinda sucked, Weddell instant upgrade. Torrey Smith leaves and Jumpball Joe's offense takes a nosedive because Steve Smith isn't that player. Watson is a solid upgrade. Now you add in a prototypical Jumpball Joe reciever and boom, back to the AFC Divisional Round.

I would be shaking. Can't beat flags. Baltimore has their offense built on flags.

Actually, Steve Smith was that player. He just got injured pretty early on. He was absolutely killing it early last year.

Arin Foster or Blount should be signed along with a mid round rookie.

Cj anderson back with donkeys

Why is this Team not looking at a WR like Mike Wallace how many times last year did Brady heave the Football down the field to no avail? Seriously why not get a Player who can actually catch it if you throw it that far its not rocket science Patriot brass. If you are horrible at evaluation a certain position you spend the dollars in that area. The Patriots eavalution of WR's is no better than a 3 year old's pathetic. We don't need a 35 or 36 year old wash up WR who's useless on the outsides we have seen plenty of those.:rolleyes: Is Brady ever going to play with outside WR worth a dam...this Team has not improved and it's not a very strong 2016 draft.

The Patriots could sit back and not sign a single free agent and still be improved over last year because of all the guys we have coming back from injury. .

Mike Wallace played with Tannehill and a Rookie QB in Minnesota recently look at his numbers before that with Big Ben.

So, you want us to look at how he played 5 years ago and you think that some how forecasts how he will do now? And you think that he can actually diagnose what a defense is doing and adjust accordingly?

Go look at the QBs Washington has played with.....

And he's been discarded by 4 different teams in that same stretch lol
Team transitions happen but its the circumstances in which it occurs need to be examined.

Maybe that stops them from signing Percy
Curious what kind of coin Wallace got

My guess would be "too much."

A couple teams have opened the checkbook for him and then regretted it within a year or 2. Wallace is a freaky fast WR, but I'll take a slower WR with some brains and grit over him for 1/10th the cost

There goes the WR I was hoping for I just cannot wait for Brady to connect with that Rookie WR BB is going to REACH for in the Second Round its probably someone we could have in the 6th. :rolleyes:

If the Patriots made Wallace the highest paid WR on the team to run go routes, there would be mutiny

Not sure if you are joking. Let's see, secondary kinda sucked, Weddell instant upgrade. Torrey Smith leaves and Jumpball Joe's offense takes a nosedive because Steve Smith isn't that player. Watson is a solid upgrade. Now you add in a prototypical Jumpball Joe reciever and boom, back to the AFC Divisional Round.

I would be shaking. Can't beat flags. Baltimore has their offense built on flags.

Suggs is another year older and coming off a torn achilles. It remains to be seen how good he'll be.
Steve Smith is another year older and he's coming off a torn achilles. It remains to be seen how good he'll be.
Dennis Pitta hasn't played football in a year. Major injury concerns with him.
Yes, Watson should be an upgrade.
Mike Wallace still doesn't run routes anywhere close to what is needed for the Patriots, will be fine with Jumpball Joe throwing him the ball. There's a reason it's called the "Heave and Hope" offense.

Baltimore lost their best O-lineman in Osemele.
Baltimore's corners are meh, though Weddle back there will be a big bonus.
Baltimore's LBs don't scare anyone anymore.

It remains to be seen whether or not Baltimore can beat out Pitt and/or Cincy to get back into the play-offs. Especially with the Raiders seemingly having improved and the Broncos having gotten worse..

Last edited:
Ya just don't understand why anyone would wanna give that guy $5.5m per...

Yea I'm shocked he got that much, granted it's only a 2 year deal so no risk

The only way I'd want Wallace on my team is if I was playing madden on easy mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe