PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg

Interesting for a legitimate Pats reporter to tweet that.

If the thought of two All-Pro safeties on your defense and moving one of the best TE coverage safeties to LB doesn't excite you, then I don't know what will.

Ya not buying it. Need a more credible source than "NFL Draft Insider" and a squealers beat writer

Drafting a player at a position That's not an immediate need makes sense, and it clearly paid off.

Signing an aging expensive FA at a position of strength doesn't

To be fair the average success of each Team in a Draft class is about 17% using a fair term of three years to determine;Pro Blow caliber, Starter, Valuable Back up/ST or out of the League versus injury, disappointing misjudge of talent, wrong Team fit as in "square peg in round hole". That works on one of two guys per Team. Ironically the worst Teams keep the most picks as they have the most holes to fill.

Now the percentage of success in said Draft Class is proportional to the round selected, as in the higher picks have the best success rate, but from Round 1-7 it averages about 17% league wide. If you are a first round pick, chances are in three years you will be the remaining one or two of that Draft Class on your Team.

Do not include "roster fillers" in your dynamic. The Pats had many rookies make the Team to fill roster spots and might stay a year or two. Some will rise from the ashes , others not so much.Think Tavon Wilson, Chad Jackson, Dowling or Brandon Tate. Now Tate became serviceable on the Bengals but that does not count on the Pats 17%

The Pats do better than most 2012=3, 2013=3, 2014=4 with a large sampling of 9 picks plus will Easley's health stand up or will Jimmy G get traded? . Some Teams do not have a single pick remaining after year three so it is an average.

Making the Team year one does not qualify for full Draft Class success. Chances are someone better gets Drafted/FA as you compete for your job.

The success rate for a selected Free Agent is much higher. It is attributed to prior on the field success and NFL game film versus college. I don't have that percentage but if you look at a sampling of the last three years it hovers at about 55-60%. So yes, FA will be a better position choice and less of a gamble but injury and age are a factor.

i.e. If we are looking for a WR to hit in 2016 we are more apt to have a proven WR work out in year one than a Rookie. Unless you Draft high enough for a Cooper or Julio Jones.

What I am saying is you can't always gamble you can fill a hole with a pick. Hence the term "best player available". But you can target a player or position of need in FA.

DW Toys

Ya not buying it. Need a more credible source than "NFL Draft Insider" and a squealers beat writer
Still a far way from getting too excited. But now I will let myself believe this one is a possibility. Prior to this I was denying it as a possibility.

He's fake. He reported that Cowboys resigned Hardy for 26 M for 2 years. Fake
As if there would be any free agent out there we would sign for a 10+ million per year contract. :D

Impossible. Our resident roster and cap expert AvocadoIceCream has told us repeatedly that we weren't gonna go after Weddle because he isn't a need.

All of these "Weddle is visiting NE" tweets seem to be based on that @NFLDraftInsider tweet. Not sure how legit that account is.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette said it "sounds like" free agent S Eric Weddle is leaning towards signing with the Patriots.

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's Ed Bouchette said it "sounds like" free agent S Eric Weddle is leaning towards signing with the Patriots.

Weddle has offers from four teams on the table, but he is expected to winnow the list down to two this week. Along with the Patriots, it could make sense for Weddle to join the Raiders. Oakland has more money to spend than New England and plays in the same division as the Chargers, who Weddle had a very public falling out with last season. The Cowboys, Steelers and Panthers are also reportedly involved.

View attachment 12443

Interesting for a legitimate Pats reporter to tweet that.

If the thought of two All-Pro safeties on your defense and moving one of the best TE coverage safeties to LB doesn't excite you, then I don't know what will.

Well, looks like he's just "retweeting" whatever the heck that is.... In other words, it doesn't look like Daniels has any confirmation himself, that's he going by the NFL Draft Insider guy. To me, the most legit source so far is the Pitt beat writer.

All of these "Weddle is visiting NE" tweets seem to be based on that @NFLDraftInsider tweet. Not sure how legit that account is.

This guy supposedly is covering the Steelers and tweeted this. Not sure how legit this is. I'm just sitting back and wait for the news.

Yeah, I feel like if it were true one of the credible NE regulars would have reported it.

This guy supposedly is covering the Steelers and tweeted this. Not sure how legit this is. I'm just sitting back and wait for the news.

He didn't say he was visiting here though.

Impossible. Our resident roster and cap expert AvocadoIceCream has told us repeatedly that we weren't gonna go after Weddle because he isn't a need.

Lol well, you can't tell me safety is a need... But hey, if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.

To me, the most legit source so far is the Pitt beat writer.

Ya, only thing is he basing that off of something he heard from his sources or off the tweet from "NFL Draft Insider" saying he was visiting.

Well Ed Bouchette is legit, he's been the main steelers beat writer since '85 for the Pittsburgh Post Gazette.. It's just where is he getting his info from, one of his nfl sources or is he basing it off of that "NFL Draft Insider"?

I would like to think Bouchette wouldn't base stuff off of a twitter account named "NFL Draft Insider"

Sports hub today said james L never visited the patriots so not sure if true

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand