PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want Long, I want Laurenitis, I want one more vet receiver, I want Evan Mathis or some other OL vet.

I want DH, JC, CJ, and MB extended...

Oh, and Weddle...Weddle and Waddel...

Still some decent DTs available who shouldn't be too expenseve to sign:
2016 NFL Free Agent List - Rotoworld.com

Then again, this FO might believe that after signing Frank Kearse, they need not bother looking elsewhere.

A guy I always liked on that list is Jason Hatcher. Did he get messed up with injuries or something? Seemed to drop off the face of the planet.

@JOEL9ONE
I just upgraded my high motor. Finding a whole new gear.

@JOEL9ONE
Gonna be interesting when I get back to being me on the field next year. %notdeadyet

Don't let the next Ware/Peppers career revival impact player escape! #WereontoLong

Not if the Pats don't let him leave without a contract
Well yes the Pats could offer...and he could say i want to weight all my options first and go on visits or not be offered one tomorrow at all. Maybe offered and takes it on the spot... Who knows

At what cost?

You wanna lose Butler, Hightower, or Collins for a slight upgrade at safety?

Quick point.

As of right now we have about 70 million in cap space for 2017. Cutting Amendola by 2017 gets us to about 80 million.

There is almost no chance we lose the big 3 as well as Sheard if we want to pay market value.

Darn. Sucks to lose Hicks. Chicago has been where DL go to die lately.
That has been true under other GM/Coach regimes - Allen, Houston, Peppers, etc. Peppers especially found new life in GB after anyone who watched him in Chicago past his year one there would've told you he was done. The 2 years with Trestman washed away any good things they'd done in the Lovie era and set them back a couple years going forward. Possibly worst hire ever in NFL. Fox hasn't won it all but he's been part of building playoff, winning teams at both his other stops so it's not surprising he ropes some good talent in.

Would've been nice to keep Hicks, interested to see the money though I'm sure it will prove to have been prohibitive on NE side. BB has missed on DL but he's hit just as big. They'll be ok.

Quick point.

As of right now we have about 70 million in cap space for 2017. Cutting Amendola by 2017 gets us to about 80 million.

There is almost no chance we lose the big 3 as well as Sheard if we want to pay market value.

70 million in cap space next year?

Quick point.

We have what..18 mill or so now..so the cap is going up $60 mill? I am confused

70 million in cap space next year?

We have what..18 mill or so now..so the cap is going up $60 mill? I am confused

I can't get Miguel's cap page to load. But:

New England Patriots Salary Cap - Over the Cap

We only have about 85 million currently in 2017 cap commitments. The cap atleast will be 155 million. The first number will obviously go up with incoming FA signings & draft class but it shows that resigning Butler/Hightower/Collins won't be hard for us at all.

That's what happens when Brady/Gronk/Edelman/Lewis are all signed on severely undervalued contracts.

Doug Kyed ‏@DougKyed 3m3 minutes ago
Chris Long's reported visit with the Patriots is interesting. Not sure where he would fit in with Jones/Nink/Sheard/Flowers/Geneo.

CJ on his way out? Given what we have now...hopefully long comes on a very cheap deal because i just don't see a lot of snaps

Either way our D this year is going to be VERY good again. Back end will be solid and front 7 will be a nightmare for teams

They can't let Long leave without a contract tomorrow.

They can't let Long leave without a contract tomorrow.

I feel like you say this about every single FA they bring in. It feels like now some fans just want them to sign anyone "just because"

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes