PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So..... If they can't get Gordon, and since they've already missed out on WRs and are giving an offer sheet to Hogan, here's a possible 'skilled' player group they could still theoretically pull off:

Brady
JAG/Hoyer (If JAG is traded)

Edelman
Amendola
Martin
Hogan
Wallace
Boldin

I'd use Boldin as an undersized TE as well as a pure WR, and thus I'm putting him in 2 groups

Gronk
Boldin
Williams

Blount
Lewis
Bolden
Devlin
1-2 other RBs, possibly including White

Hypothetically, would you guys be satisfied with our WR core if we signed both Hogan and Streater?

I love Edelman. Dude is a PPR beast and may use a 5th rounder on him as a keeper.

But I'm curious. When you say "top 5"... top 5 what exactly?

Top 5 in the afc east?
Maybe top 5 white WRs?

You are snarky today.. Must be cause your team payed an aging corner top 5 money.. Or because you could have signed fitz to a 2-3 year deal for like 11 million last year knowing you only had geno and now you are gonna pay him top 10 qb money. Anyways to answer your question maybe he meant top 5 slot receiver.. Or top five posession receiver.. All of which he is.

Get Bolden and Hogan and we're good to go.

HOT ITEM:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Patriots are "preparing" an offer sheet for restricted free agent WR Chris Hogan.
DW Toys
Are we there yet?

Streeter ok, Starks fumbles scare me.
DW Toys

The people who had problems with Ridley would not enjoy a James Starks era in New England. I'm still intrigued, and I think he has some left in the tank, but even at a low-mileage 30 years old I think we've seen the best that he has to offer. Which is pretty good, albeit fumble-prone.

I'd kinda rather the Pats see what Benny Cunningham has to offer. He's 5 years younger, and has flashed some versatility and ability in a third down role on a terrible offense. I think he could be significantly better here. Good Dion Lewis insurance, at least. And he's got about 25 pounds on James White, making him a genuine threat to run the ball in a way that White really isn't.

Agreed on Streater, I'm mildly intrigued. I don't think you'd want to make him 'the' solution at WR, but for cheap money as one possible solution I'd pull the trigger.

Bills fans are saying hogan drops too many passes

You are snarky today.. Must be cause your team payed an aging corner top 5 money.. Or because you could have signed fitz to a 2-3 year deal for like 11 million last year knowing you only had geno and now you are gonna pay him top 10 qb money. Anyways to answer your question maybe he meant top 5 slot receiver.. Or top five posession receiver.. All of which he is.

Ha, sorry. Didn't mean to be snarky. FA has slowed down and that just caught my eye. I did make sure to compliment the hell out of the guy though. Well deserving too. I agree, he is a top 5 slot/possession guy for sure.

However still very happy with Revis and I'm thrilled with what's happening with Fitz! Word is Macc is offering backup money, and that's exactly what I'd do.

To be clear, if the Jets sign Fitz for over 8mil, I'll be very disappointed (6 would be better). I'd rather Denver get him.

Bills fans are saying hogan drops too many passes
These people?

1439145682085435022.jpg

To be clear, if the Jets sign Fitz for over 8mil, I'll be very disappointed (6 would be better). I'd rather Denver get him.
Doesn't seem there's any way it's under $15m at this point honestly, maaaaybe $12-14 aav if he signs a longer deal.

Who do you want if Fitzy goes west?

The Patriots would have paid that much.
They were not an option because he wants to be an every down back, and not share the job.
I don't agree.

He won't be an every down RB in NY.

We have a top 5 WR in Edelman, the best TE in the league, a quality slot guy in Amendola, a solid WR4 in Martin, an electrifying receiving RB in Lewis and a very solid 2nd receiving RB in White.

It's a need, but it isn't as major as OL, TE2 who can block and catch or LB depth, imo.

I just don't get why, given all of our talented receiving options, people are making our WR situation sound as bad as 2006.
You're out of your ****ing mind if you think Jules is top 5 in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha, sorry. Didn't mean to be snarky. FA has slowed down and that just caught my eye. I did make sure to compliment the hell out of the guy though. We'll deserving too. I agree, he is a top 5 slot/possession guy for sure.

However still very happy with Revis and I'm thrilled with what's happening with Fitz! Word is Macc is offering backup money, and that's exactly what I'd do.

Haha i was just busting your chops.. Fitz is worth 6-10 mil a year im guessing you guys sign him for 14mil.. I am still perplexed by the one year signing last year.. I know hindsight is 20/20 but everyone with eyes knew geno was not anywhere near a sure thing.. So why not commit a tiny bit of money to a decent starter if you need him/ back up. Oh well now its going to cost you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe