PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 mil a year for an aging RB who isn't a focal point is not chump change.....

RB can be addressed via the draft, possibly WR too. But they need OL help right now. Need quality depth.

I was hoping they'd bring in a veteran OT and G

You were the one who said he was a backup because Blount was better :rolleyes:

I'm saying Lewis being here is why Forte did not consider NE an option. What is your beef?

I didn't say they were going to make him a backup, you did.
4 mill is chump change for a guy who can share the backfield with Lewis and gives us the production the 2 of them would have. BB would surely pay that.
Its Forte who wouldn't accept it because he wants all the reps.

You can't make something up, call in my opinion and argue with me.
If the Patriots had signed Forte, he and Lewis would probably split time about 50/50, and that would be a good investment at 4mill a year.
Forte wouldn't come here to play 50/50.

Sure they would. 4 mill is chump change.

Blount ran it better last year.. Look at the YPC

You said Forte didn't come here because Lewis is already here... So wouldn't that mean he's basically a back up?

I'm confused on to how you can argue he didn't come here because he wouldn't be the #1 guy, but the Pats wanted to pay him like the clear #1 guy...

That's a contradiction. patriots wouldn't pay him that much to take a significantly smaller role.

Im glad hes not paying average players big money..

We have some top guys that should be extended. Id rather put our money towards that.

The money thrown around this year as been ridiculous.

true, but we should try to address a need in FA..maybe the o-line/WR too late now, all of the good lineman are gone. doubt we draft one.

I have another suggestion. This kid is what Scott Chandler was to be. Maybe you can take a Hogan and a Draft pick. Zack Miller.
He was Mr. Clutch for Jay Cutler.
Check this kids athleticism.
I think Miller is a good player, wouldn't mind at all. He's not a kid though, he's actually older than Chandler. Not that age is totally relevant, but as Kontra said the Bears have been shopping Bennett since the end of the season so I'd imagine they'd like to keep Miller, who played well for them and in no way would require a large amount of money.

Specious reasoning, imo (I just watched that episode of the Simpsons)

I think LaFell had less to do with us winning a title than Revis and the young guys on D coming into their own. We had the ultimate threaten outside the numbers guy and couldn't seal the deal in 2007.

welker-super-bowl-08.jpg

zach miller's 31 years old and doesnt have 1,000 career receiving yards. no thanks unless he's cheap
just bring scott chandler back at the vet minimum.

I think LaFell had less to do with us winning a title than Revis and the young guys on D coming into their own. We had the ultimate threaten outside the numbers guy and couldn't seal the deal in 2007.
Ultimate outside the numbers guy and

The way this team operates now could use said player to relieve pressure from the middle of the field not be the guy. Just be respected enough to carry traffic away from our playmakers. I'm fine with your opinion differing from mine btw

I like some Rod Streater. Could see him emerge as WR2 out of nowhere.

Rod Streater also visiting Patriots today, per Schefter. Scheduled to visit the Jets tomorrow, so don't be surprised if the Patriots make a push to sign him if they want him.

Who has praised Wallace about his route running? His bum-chum Big Ben? Yeah. There is a real unbiased guy..

Sorry, but I'm not wrong about Wallace. Wallace wouldn't have done squat with the Pats.. Just like Chad Jackson and Chad Johnson.

No. It's not fair to say about me and facts. I use them. You ignore them. You always have and never once admitted when someone corrected you..
How many times have you made me look stuff up for you?
There. End of story. No more.
DW Toys

F***, I would be happy if they just signed Starks, Hogan and Streater for like $8m total.

The deep guy cleared it out but our middle man dropped the ball literally. Take away deep guy and does he (welker)have the same opportunity? That question will never be answered. Great Pic bro. And we just had serviceable guys that could burn a little

Last edited:
Rod Streater visiting also. He has a visit scheduled with the Jets on Friday. I'm thinking we sign him just so he doesn't make that second visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe