PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They had 80ish in cap space. This doesn't make a dent.

Yeah, I had actually edited that post you quoted. I had forgot how much cap space they have. If they sign Vernon and Irvin and use the draft and make other, lower money free agent moves to beef up the OL, they may make some noise. That said, Bortles, Robinson, and Hurns are all going to cost a significant amount of money to keep when their rookie deals are up.

Yeah, I had actually edited that post you quoted. I had forgot how much cap space they have. If they sign Vernon and Irvin and use the draft and make other, lower money free agent moves to beef up the OL, they may make some noise. That said, Bortles, Robinson, and Hurns are all going to cost a significant amount of money to keep when their rookie deals are up.
God, I wish the Pats had been able to snag Robinson. I just loved watching him at Penn State and was sure he was gonna be amazing in the pros. He's been even better than I expected...

The Packers need another weapon in the passing game that gets open quickly on the short routes and a guy that can spell Lacy's fat ass. The move is a no brainer.
Lacy has reportedly lost weight but clearly they are not happy with him.

Jeez. And they're going to end up paying a lot for all of these guys. Where will they get the money for Bortles, Robinson, and Hurns? I understand they have $82M in cap space but if they spend like drunken sailors, it will hurt their ability to sign those three.
Yeah. Jackson and a corner would be good. But now they're just over shopping.

Mckelvin to eagles...2 for 6

Yeah. Jackson and a corner would be good. But now they're just over shopping.

I can see Vernon as they need another pass rusher regardless of what happens with Fowler. I don't really see the need as much for Irvin. That said, bringing Irvin in would give the Jags one of the better LB corps in the league. They need to work on their secondary, which is absolute trash, and OL.

So much talent out there still, hope Bill has a plan.

God, I wish the Pats had been able to snag Robinson. I just loved watching him at Penn State and was sure he was gonna be amazing in the pros. He's been even better than I expected...

He was taken just 1 pick ahead of Garoppolo :mad:

What is up with these free agent deals being announced? Legal tampering doesn't mean announcing deals.

#integrity

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand