PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Field Pass...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Va_Pats_Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Living in Va, I only get the national televised games. If I got the field pass, would I be able to listen to all the Pats games?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.

It's $29.95 for the entire season (all 32 teams, all games, all 32 radio stations, all archived games from 2004 and 2005).

Last edited:
Va_Pats_Fan said:
Living in Va, I only get the national televised games. If I got the field pass, would I be able to listen to all the Pats games?

What part of VA are you in? You could always attend Murphy's in Old Town Alexandria and of course if you signed up for DTV you could subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket they have a lot of introductory offers for new customers who subscribe to the package. Sirius satellite radio also airs every NFL game and the subscription is only 13 bucks a month, it's well worth it.

Last edited:
I am in the same situation being here in VA. I went ahead and got Directv Sunday ticket----expensive but well worth it:cool: I remember somebody telling me that there are a lot of national pats games this year,:D

mgcolby said:
What part of VA are you in? You could always attend Murphy's in Old Town Alexandria and of course if you signed up for DTV you could subscribe to NFL Sunday Ticket they have a lot of introductory offers for new customers who subscribe to the package. Sirius satellite radio also airs every NFL game and the subscription is only 13 bucks a month, it's well worth it.

Charlottesville.

Unfortunatly, I'm an aptment dweller, and they don't allow me to hang a Dish, nor does the cable plant support anything but the basic cable package (its included in the rent, and Aldelphia ain't upgrading it)...

I figure the $29.99 is alot cheaper then heading to the watering hole every sunday :)

I've heard of Murphy's, never been. Maybe this year is a good one for a road trip!!

Va_Pats_Fan said:

Yes. I'm going on Year 3 of Field Pass and it's the best deal in sports. Sure it would be nice to see all the games, but if not, this is an awesome radio product. You can listen to the day's game at 2am if that fits your schedule. If you're at the computer to listen live to a game, you get a nice diagram of a field with an arrow for each play's gain or loss, updating each play of the drive as it happens. Game stats are kept up-to-the-minute.

Before last year you could get only the Pats' opponent's broadcast, but starting last year you can get either team's broadcast (still an interesting choice!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Field Pass...the best deal in sports.

Not even close. mlbtv may cost more than twice as much, but I can watch the entire baseball season. Field Pass is only little consolation to those of us who don't get any choice of what game to watch each Sunday night.

Va_Pats_Fan said:

Just wanted to ditto what mgcolby said re: Sirius satellite radio. If you just want to be able listen to the games I highly recommend it. You can get an AC adapter and either plug speakers right into and or have it transmit the signal to your stereo. All you'd need to do is put the antenna near the window.

If you want to watch the games, I can't help there.

Doh!!! Nevermind, the Sirius option was already suggested.

Last edited:
waspie (UK) said:
Not even close. mlbtv may cost more than twice as much, but I can watch the entire baseball season. Field Pass is only little consolation to those of us who don't get any choice of what game to watch each Sunday night.

I should have said "best deal in football."

I live in Santa Barbara, CA and have watched the games from a local sports bar the past 2 years. I subscribed to field pass last year and liked it especially to listen to preseason games and post-game analysis.

This spring I installed SlingBox on My mother's TV back in Mass and can now watch Pats games on my computer as long as they are shown on her local cable. Watched the preseason game last Friday using SlingBox and it worked well. Downside is initial cost of Slingbox ($250 when I bought it), to watch Pats you will need to have a location in NE/MA to install it which has high speed internet, and picture quality is basically streaming video through internet so only ok quality. Upside is I can watch anything here in SoCal that my mother can watch at her home (so all boston sports teams), no monthly costs (my mother still obviously has her cable and intenet costs but it costs me othing to use these), and I don't have to go to Sports Bars at 10 AM on Sunday morning any longer and can now watch the games anywhere I can pick up a wireless or high speed internet signal.

While the Slingbox solution won't work for a lot of people who are outside the NE area, it has so far been a good solution for me:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/9: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/8: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
Back