PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Divisional game: KC @ Buffalo

So, @Ian

this is the exact kind of post that made me look for an “I dream of Jeannie” smiley.

Something to consider, next time you revamp the smileys.

Attachments

• IMG_1977.jpeg
    IMG_1977.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Winner
Reactions: Ian
That's because we didn't suck in the regular season like the Chiefs and had home games

…and lost on game turning/wonning INT @Denver and @Indy.
I felt we would’ve won SB both years. Ugh.

This is the type of thing that would be caught during "self-scouting" usually conducted during the bye-week. A thing Reid would keep in his pocket or a big playoff game.

…and lost on game turning/wonning INT @Denver and @Indy.
I felt we would’ve won SB both years. Ugh.
Yep. 2006 for sure against that Bears team

It's one of the fascinating things about the dynasty. Pats could have won as few as 2-3 super bowls or as many as 10. Crazy. I feel like the "right" number woulda been 8, but 6 works

2015 really pisses me off, even with the injury ****show, that was another Lombardi if the coaches don’t screw the team over in weeks 16 and 17. they would have beat DEN at home and even with the injuries beat that joke of a 15-1 CAR team. 15-1 but only had the 3rd best DVOA and 6th best SRS

edit: forgot to mention that CAR was a zone defense and we know what Brady and the NE offense routinely did to zone (LOB, PIT, etc)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian
Didn’t know that Highmark Stadium was built on an Indian burial ground! Maybe that explains a lot. Lol

Didn’t know that Highmark Stadium was built on an Indian burial ground! Maybe that explains a lot. Lol

Love this reply:

I saw this graphic on another forum. This is indeed a truly amazing stat line.

c0fa69fafb9414250f4bec9ccf1c9224.jpg

Buffalo cant close a door in the playoffs

2015 really pisses me off, even with the injury ****show, that was another Lombardi if the coaches don’t screw the team over in weeks 16 and 17. they would have beat DEN at home and even with the injuries beat that joke of a 15-1 CAR team. 15-1 but only had the 3rd best DVOA and 6th best SRS

edit: forgot to mention that CAR was a zone defense and we know what Brady and the NE offense routinely did to zone (LOB, PIT, etc)
The entire second half of the season following the 10-0 start was just weird, starting with the snow game in Denver. Might just be my biased view, but I think the Osweiler comeback in the 4th quarter was significantly aided by a slew of ticky-tacky calls that went against the Patriots. Like a 1st down completion to Gronk wiped out by OPI against Gronk, a bomb to Keshawn Martin wiped out by an offensive holding call and an Alan Branch sack wiped out by a holding call against Chung. And directly after we had that weird Eagles game when the Patriots lost despite outgaining the Eagles by like 200 yards because of a three-drive sequence from hell with a 99 yard Brady pick six, a Darren Sproles punt return TD followed by Brady throwing a pick right after that boost that was provided through that Amendola-to-Brady trick play.

The entire second half of the season following the 10-0 start was just weird, starting with the snow game in Denver. Might just be my biased view, but I think the Osweiler comeback in the 4th quarter was significantly aided by a slew of ticky-tacky calls that went against the Patriots. Like a 1st down completion to Gronk wiped out by OPI against Gronk, a bomb to Keshawn Martin wiped out by an offensive holding call and an Alan Branch sack wiped out by a holding call against Chung. And directly after we had that weird Eagles game when the Patriots lost despite outgaining the Eagles by like 200 yards because of a three-drive sequence from hell with a 99 yard Brady pick six, a Darren Sproles punt return TD followed by Brady throwing a pick right after that boost that was provided through that Amendola-to-Brady trick play.
I was thaere for Harpahs muff. AWFUL

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back