PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL Divisional game: KC @ Buffalo

The thought of the Chiefs getting back to back SB's is making me want to throw up. That is one recent record that I do not want them sharing with the Pats.

too bad damien harris is on ir... woulda made rooting for barfalo a bit more palatable

Diggs held badly on that play before the pass got there. Spun around too.

Allen is a monster. Bills would blow the Chiefs out if they weren't riddled with injuries to the point of fielding a 90% practice squad defense.

The fact they even have a chance is a testament to Allen. Mahomes would miss the playoffs with this Bills squad.

wow, huge run

Holy crap that play by Allen.

It looked parallel to me.

But remember we had this discussion in 2001 when Troy Brown picked up the blocked kick in Pittsburgh and he lateraled to Antwan Harris for the TD?

Troy Brown clearly threw the ball backward but his momentum (from running) made it land further upfield than where he threw it backward.

So we discussed whether a ball that's thrown backward but lands forward is a lateral or not.

Here's a crazy hypothetical: a QB goes back to pass, his arm comes forward, he's hit as he throws, the ball starts to come forward, but there's a stiff 50mph wind that blows the ball backward, and it hits the ground 2 yards behind where he threw it. Is it a fumble? I don't think so. The key is the direction of the ball when it was thrown.
Interesting... 2nd look it looked clearly past but 3rd look, it was technically a forward pass but barely so I stand corrected that it was a good no call (ball left hand at 27.5 and was caught just past 28). It was about the same as your great example (TB80's lateral).

The crazy scenario? It depends on whom HQ wants to win. I do see a slightly forward throw down the sideline blown by the wind being called a backward pass, though. Otherwise, these average guys throwing low to mid 50mph on their throws would just have a dead forward duck.

that was a touchdown.

The devils in the details. Maholms has had Kelce his whole career so far. Brady had gronk after he was already a first ballot hall of famer with the likes of Troy Brown and David Givens.
That nasty broken arm, the awful injury by Ward to his knee, he lost some prime opportunities to injury. Used to be like watching hack a Shaq defense for basketball, the pi was obvious almost every play but the refs literally could not stop and call it every single play. One of the greatest mismatches I’ve ever seen.

Roll out Allen here. Give him an option to pass or run it in

get up to the line....

jesus, wasting precious seconds

And he’s smiling walking back to the huddle.

That's a catch. GTFO. They're fishing for anything to help KC.

Allen is a monster. Bills would blow the Chiefs out if they weren't riddled with injuries to the point of fielding a 90% practice squad defense.

The fact they even have a chance is a testament to Allen. Mahomes would miss the playoffs with this Bills squad.
Case in point. Dude is on a mission. He had some shaky moments over the last 8 weeks but he's been insane throughout a lot of it.

Was about to post, then that first down happened. Exactly why Tony is an idiot for suggesting that was smart that Chiefs took their 1st timeout when it wasn’t an and-goal situation, and sure enough, Bills benefited and got the 1st to lead to a TD

powered the rock in

Anazing catch btw. You see them make highlights of bobbled and full extensions but that is in contention for catch of the year imo. Low key incredibly.

Brady’s like hold my beer, had 50 passing in 16 games.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back